Nov 27, 2017
I use Trakt more and wondered if there was a way to quickly move over to Letterboxd as it seems to be the favoured platform

letterboxd.com

Importing data

Importing your data Letterboxd members can import data in one of three ways: directly to their account (as watched films and/or diary entries, with optional ratings), to a new or existing list, or to their watchlist. When importing data we support the following formats: Letterboxd import format...

Not sure how familiar you are for running scripts, but it looks like someone has written one to do so? There are import tools in Letterboxd if you can get the Trakt data in a format it accepts.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
boxd.it

Joshua’s profile

Joshua uses Letterboxd to share film reviews and lists. 2,191 films watched. Favorites: Funeral Parade of Roses (1969), Danger: Diabolik (1968), The Red Shoes (1948), The Battle of Algiers (1966).

Hello, friends

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
letterboxd.com

Importing data

Importing your data Letterboxd members can import data in one of three ways: directly to their account (as watched films and/or diary entries, with optional ratings), to a new or existing list, or to their watchlist. When importing data we support the following formats: Letterboxd import format...

Not sure how familiar you are for running scripts, but it looks like someone has written one to do so? There are import tools in Letterboxd if you can get the Trakt data in a format it accepts.

Cheers! I'll give it a looksie tonight, hope there's a way to bring over my reviews from the comments on Trakt :X

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Been forever since I was big into movies, but now the pandemic urges have caught up with me and I'm back to the front: https://letterboxd.com/dragoonenregali/

e8OMEc8.png

I really got into Letterboxd in high school, around when its community was rapidly expanding, so the FOMO hits hard. Still, might as well tell the world how I feel about some obscure movies, and it's easier than ever for me to write reviews.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Been forever since I was big into movies, but now the pandemic urges have caught up with me and I'm back to the front: https://letterboxd.com/dragoonenregali/

e8OMEc8.png

I really got into Letterboxd in high school, around when its community was rapidly expanding, so the FOMO hits hard. Still, might as well tell the world how I feel about some obscure movies, and it's easier than ever for me to write reviews.
Humanity & Paper Balloons felt remarkably modern and naturalistic for a movie from 1937. What a depressing and engrossing film. Bonus points for including a blind masseur named Ichi (I watched the entire Zatoichi saga this year, so that made me smile)

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Here is mine. I've mostly been doing reviews as I re-watch stuff. And my reviews are usually just a few sentences but I think they are fun.

letterboxd.com

deimosmasque’s profile

deimosmasque uses Letterboxd to share film reviews and lists. 336 films watched.

My reviews are a lot horror movies or Halloween themed movies but will branch out after October.

Edit: Basically as I watch or re-watch I'll try to share some funny quips about it.

And maybe some more.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
letterboxd.com

GJ’s profile

GJ uses Letterboxd to share film reviews and lists. 2,260 films watched. Favorites: Godzilla Minus One (2023), High and Low (1963), Hundreds of Beavers (2022), Monster (2023). Bio: Favorites are current favorites. All-time favorites can be found here. Appelmoes bah.

Here's mine. I just started this year and haven't added a lot of my backlog (only the films I still had a ticket stub or something from). So there's not a lot there yet.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yea. I am kind of slacking on it lately but here's mine:

letterboxd.com

Fun Butter’s profile

Fun uses Letterboxd to share film reviews and lists. 518 films watched. Favorites: The Silence of the Lambs (1991), The Matrix (1999), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), Princess Mononoke (1997). Bio: Negative. I am a meat popsicle.

I am several movies behind. But I try to catch up near the end of each month when I remember to.

Nov 21, 2019
Sorry for the bump but didn't find any other Letterboxd sharing thread (CMIIW), but maybe more people would wanna share.

My website just got a Letterboxd HQ account and it's fresh so we definitely need more connections, do give us a follow and we'll follow back everyone!
letterboxd.com

Broadly Specific’s profile

Broadly Specific uses Letterboxd to share film reviews and lists. 7 films watched. Bio: A creative collective online media that brings you deep dives and meaningful essays surrounding the world of cinema and beyond. Want to be a part of our team of contributors? check out our website for the...
We'll use it to make lists, post stories (which links to articles on our site) and so on.

As for my personal Letterboxd account, here it is:
letterboxd.com

Bondan Syamsu’s profile

Bondan uses Letterboxd to share film reviews and lists. 1,359 films watched. Favorites: Ikiru (1952), Yearning (1964), High and Low (1963), Tokyo Story (1953). Bio: I run Broadly Specific. Follow our Letterboxd HQ. No good reviews to be found here. Instagram: @bondansyamsu, @broadly_specific...

I'll slowly follow ppl here! thanks!