wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Vampire Survivors is crack but once you get to a certain point the progression falls off a cliff, which makes sense for a $3 game but I'm still left with a big desire to play anything remotely comparable. Granted one of the appeals of VS is the auto attack nature of your abilities while you focus on navigating around the mobs swarming you, so I'm curious if there are other games that do something similar.

Of course action rpgs like Diablo, Grim Dawn, and Path of Exile have plenty of AoE build ability when dealing with huge mobs but I'm not sure if auto attack is possible with these, maybe mods?

It doesn't necessarily have to have auto attack but it'd be ideal. The two most important parts are enormous mobs with powerful AoE attacks.

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
SNKRX

It is basically Snake, where every piece of snake has a class with their unique auto-attacks. Like Vampire Survivors, it is also dirt cheap.

OP
OP
wafflebrain

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

Ceerious

Oct 27, 2017
Asian
My experience with Musou games is pretty limited, recommendations (preferably stuff available on PC)?

Orochi 4 Ultimate is generally considered the best one on PC(it's asian version title is 無双OROCHI3 Ultimate, so a little confusing). Gameplay wise Muse games are not that different from each other, it's all about content, and Orochi 4 Ultimate is the most content rich one.

Normal playthrough is pretty easy, after that the game starts to really open up. You can grind your character to infinity(and there are 160-170 characters to unlock) or set up some hard challenge for yourself.

Basically this is the only Musou games you ever need unless you want to play in certain settings like Zelda or Persona, etc. If you don't like the gameplay here then you don't have to try other Musou. Full price is kinda high for an old game but it has been on steam sale regularly. I suggest trying the steam version, if you don't like it then refund, 2 hours is long enough to get the "feeling" of it.

store.steampowered.com

WARRIORS OROCHI 4 on Steam

The supreme "WARRIORS OROCHI" experience is here! The definitive installment of the "WARRIORS OROCHI 4", featuring all the content of the WARRIORS OROCHI 4: The Ultimate Upgrade Pack, is available now.