• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Regarding the sequel, in order to make the vast world you enjoyed exploring in the original game even more impressive, the team is working hard on its development, so you'll have to wait a bit longer before we can provide more updates.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all, hope they can manage late 2021, but wouldn't be shocked if it slips through to 2022...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's not even a game I think about existing. Not expecting it to actually release for another couple of years.

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
"he vast world you enjoyed exploring in the original game even more impressive"

Same overworld confirmed?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Nintendo says this when they mean "We aren't showing you that today." Don't look too far into it.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
This will release next year for the anniversary. Not having an update right now means nothing, he just had to address it because they announced the prequel. They weren't going to immediately overshadow that with BotW2 news.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
God same overworld would be so underwhelming. The joy of BOTW is seeing each new piece of that world. I'd be massively deflated if its the same one.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't infer any release date information from that statement. He knows people are hungry for sequel information and had to preface this Warriors announcement with some sort of statement.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Next Update: They're starting development over and handing it off to Retro.

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They're not going to talk about BotW 2 again until AOC has been out and is selling. I'd say Game Awards, and then could release any time between March and November 2021.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
"he vast world you enjoyed exploring in the original game even more impressive"

Same overworld confirmed?

Was this not always the assumption? It'll be the same overworld with major geographic changes if the castle rising into the sky is any indication. Couple that with underground sections and dungeons and it'll feel drastically different.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Where's the video he references at the end?

edit: okay it's below

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gimme another 'best game ever' contender and I'll wait as long as you want.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
He's telling us we have to wait, and I'm honestly still surprised they've announced it this fast. Take your time.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, it will will either be released in fall 2021, or officially shown off again then and released in spring 2022

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I would say initially planned for Spring 2021 and now delayed to holiday 2021.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Good chance the next major update will be tied to the pro announcement