III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Send in the clowns

Bill Barr oks for federal probe into election fraud allegations

apnews.com

Barr tells DOJ to probe election fraud claims if they exist

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors across the U.S. to pursue “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities, if they exist, before the 2020 presidential election is certified, despite no evidence of widespread fraud.

Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors across the U.S. to pursue "substantial allegations" of voting irregularities before the 2020 presidential election is certified, despite little evidence of fraud.

In a memo to U.S. attorneys, obtained by The Associated Press, Barr wrote that investigations "may be conducted if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State."

Keep in mind this is right after holding a meeting with Mitch McConnel

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
apnews.com

Barr tells DOJ to probe election fraud claims if they exist

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors across the U.S. to pursue “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities, if they exist, before the 2020 presidential election is certified, despite no evidence of widespread fraud.

Attorney General William Barr has authorized federal prosecutors across the U.S. to pursue "substantial allegations" of voting irregularities before the 2020 presidential election is certified, despite little evidence of fraud.

Barr's action comes days after Democrat Joe Biden defeated President Donald Trump and raises the prospect that Trump will use the Justice Department to try to challenge the outcome. It gives prosecutors the ability to go around longstanding Justice Department policy that normally would prohibit such overt actions before the election is formally certified.

Good luck with that, bud.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
In a memo to U.S. attorneys, obtained by The Associated Press, Barr wrote that investigations "may be conducted if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State."

Well since there aren't any credible allegations case closed I guess?

walkinfast

Aug 24, 2019
Can't wait for the "Trump should just stay President until these investigations are finished".

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, the barr for a federal prosecution has lowered by a lot.
giphy.gif

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
Just more ego feeding that'll go nowhere, this is a move aimed at pleasing one person alone, and will lead to nothing.

This is just Barr giving himself another 2 months on the job instead of joining Esper.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure these pieces of shit will try to cook something up to claim Trump isn't a fucking loser.

Oct 28, 2017
Barr pretty much is their break in case of emergency stooge.

They're exhausting all options. This is why the margin to beat Trump had to be definitive.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Why even bother? Investigations aren't going to change the result, nor any opinions.

Trump voters are already convinced the election was fraudulent. Biden voters know it was not.

I suppose this is just to placate the big baby, but still, why bother? He's on his way out. Hell, if anything, having a bunch of court cases and investigations go nowhere weakens his case, over the long term. We can always point back to all of this bullshit and say "See? They found nothing."

OP
OP
III-V

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
In related news?

Is he trying to get this picked up by the federal prosecutors?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
This is to make Orange Baby feel like he is doing something. They won't go before a judge on a hope and a prayer or with Rudy's shitty "evidence".

Oct 25, 2017
"may be conducted if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State."

I mean the accusations are bullshit and Barr is a POS, but isn't this really what DOJ's position should be? Any clear and credible (they won't be) accusation that would affect the outcome (they wouldn't) would be investigated.

Yeah I know the fuckery will probably come down to whats considered 'credible'.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
The investigation is under audit so Trump president forever.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's becoming clearer now what the path forward here is for the GOP: they are going to treat "election irregularities" as their "Russian interference", and they are going to use it as a hammer to beat Biden's administration from day one. It doesn't matter that the two aren't equivalent; they are going to use this bullshit to pound and pound every day, regardless of the long-term implications.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
"may be conducted if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State."

I mean the accusations are bullshit and Barr is a POS, but isn't this really what DOJ's position should be? Any clear and credible (they won't be) accusation that would affect the outcome (they wouldn't) would be investigated.

Yeah I know the fuckery will probably come down to whats considered 'credible'.

This is a statement from Barr to appease Trump. It parses down to nothing.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Let's not mince words here, we are in the first steps of an attempted coup in the United States

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
It's only just occurred to me, but I hope you're all reporting all their gerrymandering and voter suppression, and their attempted dismantling of the USPS, to their stupid little hotlines?

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Can Barr be charged with shit after he's fired?
He's more deserving of it than almost anyone else in Trump's admin, but it depends on whether or not he gets pardoned. This probe is him trying to posture himself for a pardon after Trump blew up at him for not looking into Hunter Biden or "Obamagate"

Oct 25, 2017
He's more deserving of it than almost anyone else in Trump's admin, but it depends on whether or not he gets pardoned. This probe is him trying to posture himself for a pardon after Trump blew up at him for not looking into Hunter Biden or "Obamagate"
Can he be pardoned when he hasn't been charge with a crime yet?

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
I've been arguing its insane how these accusations can just basely go on, while we have ACTUAL GOP fraud from 2018 in NC.

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds like PR since he didn't announce an actual investigation, just the possibility of one.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Well, not surprised Trump is going to burn as much money in frivolous bullshit as much as possible.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
The coup attempt is in full effect. Time for the media to stop both sidesing stuff.