• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

McMahon

Banned
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
"but yeah it's a tough call between him and hillary huh"

We're going to be feeling the effects of this for literal generations just because of Supreme Court seats alone. Gorsuch now, and if he's re-elected in 2020 he's 100% going to be able to replace at least one of Kennedy/RBG too

If we manage to get a positive result in 2020 I hope to god a lot of the Dems change their current stance on stacking the court in their favor

they won't and the plot will be lost

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
Dgn7C78UEAAeWNJ.jpg:large

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Totally not calling for violence but the us population need to do things about this shit beyond just "voting". You all need to shut down the streets
No actually let's start with just fucking voting. If we had a President Clinton with a Democratic Senate right now, this ruling wouldn't have happened (not that the Muslim ban would've happened in the first place anyway).

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope if Democrats have a lock on everything in 2020 and an open Supreme Court seat they nominate the youngest most liberal motherfucker the Supreme Court has ever and will ever see.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Elections have consequences and Garland's stolen seat was indeed one of the greatest political heists of the century. The just absolute balls on the Republicans to deny holding a hearing on a qualified candidate for over a year is unbelievable. I doubt Democrats would ever have the guts or sliminess to do that.

Oct 27, 2017
Two thoughts on this:

1. If you didn't vote for Hillary in the last election, fuck off if you're pissed about this.

2. Fuck Obama for allowing them to steal that seat.

Obama's biggest flaw was believing in the constitution/system it enacted.

He believe in the good of the people.

It isn't his fault that the system is broken.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
5-4. Expect to see this breakdown a lot during this administration. Mitch McConnell will go down in American history as one of its worst villains. I just hope this will motivate everyone to get out in vote in November. I'll be personally taking everyone I know to the polls myself if I have to

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Hey guys remember the Conservatives bleating over activist judges all those years? Good stuff.

Gorsuch is a piece of shit. Fuck McConnel and fuck every single person who voted for this fascist administration.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Funny thing is with Pelosi's tweet yesterday it shows the democrats have learned nothing from the last 9 years.

If you're civil to people who are uncivil you're going to get fucked over. They literally stole a SC seat and yet you're told to let them eat cake in peace.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Elections have consequences and Garland's stolen seat was indeed one of the greatest political heists of the century. The just absolute balls on the Republicans to deny holding a hearing on a qualified candidate for over a year is unbelievable. I doubt Democrats would ever have the guts or sliminess to do that.
If they don't, they may as well take their ball and go home. You're in to win or you're not. Republicans have shown time and time again they will get down in the mud to win at all costs.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
people forget that the SC is now conservative, plus a 99% chance to pick another within his term

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me how that is Obama's fault. Mitch refused to hold a vote.
Not just refused a vote, refused even a hearing!

Still doesn't feel like cheeto loses in 2020, people will be divided on the left.

I don't know about that, but I do think Trump is more likely to win than lose if for no other reason than dumb independents who do not engage in politics until the last weeks of a campaign are typically willing to give incumbents the benefit of the doubt for a second term. This is still the same country that re-elected Bush - and with him, a Republican congress - despite having learned that he led the country into war based on a lie. The only way Trump loses re-election is if the economy sinks and/or healthcare costs skyrocket even more.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Democrats stay losing because they can't play the sociopath game as good as Repubs.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
Pointed out by SCOTUSblog, the majority disavows Korematsu (I don't think the Court has ever explicitly done that before):

Finally, the dissent invokes Korematsu v. United States, 323 U. S. 214 (1944). Whatever rhetorical advantage the dissent may see in doing so, Korematsu has nothing to do with this case. The forcible relocation of U. S. citizens to concentration camps, solely and explicitly on the basis of race, is objectively unlawful and outside the scope of Presidential authority. But it is wholly inapt to liken that morally repugnant order to a facially neutral policy denying certain foreign nationals the privilege of admission. See post, at 26–28. The entry suspension is an act that is well within executive authority and could have been taken by any other President—the only question is evaluating the actions of this particular President in promulgating an otherwise valid Proclamation. The dissent's reference to Korematsu, however, affords this Court the opportunity to make express what is already obvious: Korematsu was gravely wrong the day it was decided, has been overruled in the court of history, and—to be clear—"has no place in law under the Constitution." 323 U. S., at 248 (Jackson, J., dissenting).

remiri

Nov 1, 2017
RBG...please stick around until the cheeto is gone. This SCOTUS has the potential of being much, much worse.