• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For one minute did you stop to consider that your unfortunate teammates are looting your items to survive long enough to get your sorry, self entitled beacon back to the respawn point?

Hope I'm never teamed up with you.
source.gif

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Another second place finish. One team mate delivered my beacon and another team mate's when we were one of the last two teams. Desperately trying to find a weapon in that tiny ring when facing a fully kitted team of Level 30s didn't end well.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
A burst hitscan still results in the successive shots in a burst, having a delay. Which means, you need to anticipate your opponents movement to hit the target.

Also, I haven't played Halo often since Halo 3. Halo 3 weapons are not hitscan, and there's much more depth to the gunplay in Halo 3 as a result.

What's the point in recording? I think we all believe you that you're missing your shots.

If you shoot where the target is going to be, you'll land the shots. Is this harder because of projectiles? Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that this is happening because of the players failure to anticipate the opponents movement. Strafing doesn't change how the projectiles work.

I'm saying it might be messing with the hit-reg, because half the time this happens, I'm just shooting right at where they will be, and it's not hitting them. Not spraying, not going back and forth to track them, but aiming and shooting RIGHT at where they continue to go, and bullets don't hit. It's happened like 4 times and it's the exact same movement each time, like it's a known advantage or something.

Boy, it's frustrating when people basically say "you're just missing" like I've never played a shooter.

Oct 25, 2017
I keep coming second but I just can't get wins. Shooting people just isn't enough. Even with similar armour they can tank the hits and I can't.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'm saying it might be messing with the hit-reg, because half the time this happens, I'm just shooting right at where they will be, and it's not hitting them. Not spraying, not going back and forth to track them, but aiming and shooting RIGHT at where they continue to go, and bullets don't hit. It's happened like 4 times and it's the exact same movement each time, like it's a known advantage or something.

Boy, it's frustrating when people basically say "you're just missing" like I've never played a shooter.

What you're describing sounds like the tiny movements you see the big steamers do when looting or basically standing still checking out stuff. Basically they keep the constant moving thing going even when they are not actually moving anywhere. Maybe thats what you are seeing people do? It's easy to do with a controller as well.

I need to remember to hip fire more at closer range. Been having more success with it and think I was losing engagements by trying to aim at all times. It also helps in keeping you moving for constant mobility. I need to find what the best cutoff point for hip firing should be.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I keep seeing people using "wins with full squad" as the best way of seeing their wins. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to see your total wins combined BUT there is a badge for each character that counts wins but the badge caps at 100 wins per character.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I keep seeing people using "wins with full squad" as the best way of seeing their wins. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to see your total wins combined BUT there is a badge for each character that counts wins but the badge caps at 100 wins per character.

Yes but that badge only does the tier level I think. It shows 1 then 5 for several tiers up to 100. I've won multiple times and it still shows 1 for those legends and I assume will change over and display five at the next tier.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Those only go by increments of 5? Until Respawn actually patches something in "wins with full squad" is the best thing to go by imo.

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a pair of the worst troll teammates today. Screeching over the mic, so I muted them. Then they started constantly pinging they were under attack every second the entire match. Ended up getting wiped because I couldn't hear anything from the constant pings.

Oct 27, 2017
Try changing your controls from respawn feel to steady. That helped me a lot in firefights.
yeah i have ive played with them all classic and steady feels best... im on 3 movement look speed and 4 high on ADS... but not sure.. still feels off to me.. Also does the deadzone thing even do anything...? from none to small I dont see a difference.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not just strafing. I know what strafing is. I've been playing shooters for 25 years. There have been several times where they wiggle like a foot back and forth. A VERY small distance. Even anticipating this and shooting where I know where they will be, it feels like half my bullets aren't hitting them at all. I will record it next time since people don't apparently believe me.

They're doing the wiggle to minimize the danger of just standing still and looting. If you're just standing motionless it's a lot easier for someone to slowly line up a cheeky headshot.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
it's a real word that perfectly describes the nature of people you find playing multiplayer games, why wouldn't it be used?
Someone shouting out of frustration isn't toxic. Someone making call outs loud and clear then gets pissed for nobody helping is not toxic. So yeah, stop throwing the word toxic for whatever you don't like. That's my point as toxic behavior is very clear and we know the DIFFERENCE.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I just got the glitch where you move at downed speed even though you are already up. I died because of this but it was the first time happening after 200 matches.

The Halo 2 BR had hitscan. The Halo 3 BR didn´t

Sorry yes, that's what I meant. All projectiles in Halo 3, hitscan in others.

I remember it vividly in the cinema mode.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Every damn game I play today I'm getting around 300 damage with no fucking kills. It is getting really frustrating. And before this I thought the TTK was good. It's just really kissing me off right now.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Every damn game I play today I'm getting around 300 damage with no fucking kills. It is getting really frustrating. And before this I thought the TTK was good. It's just really kissing me off right now.

I feel ya. Struggling to convert damage to kills in this game. Still having a blast though. I thought I was good at online FPS but this showed me I have a lot of practice to do haha.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying this out on PC and not only do I not really place BR games but I don't really play shooters on PC either so apologies to all my squad mates

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018

The TTK is perfect, it encourages being accurate with your shots as magazine sizes are often quite small. People die incredibly fast when most of you shots hit the head.

Jun 12, 2018
Random questions guys that I for some reason dont know the answer to lol:

If you throw a grenade at a gibralter shield does it go through it or just bounce off of it? On this same note, does gibraltar shield block artillery or bangladore ults?

Is there a damage indicator setting that is considered the "best"(stacking,floating etc.)? If so, why?

When I activate bloodhound ability and a hostile is detected, can teammates see the silhouettes that I see? If not, do they get any type of indication that lets them know that there are hostiles nearby, or would I have to say something?

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
The TTK is perfect, it encourages being accurate with your shots as magazine sizes are often quite small. People die incredibly fast when most of you shots hit the head.
I know. It's just hell when I do 150+ damage to someone plus more on rest of squad and my squad is nearby but still somehow gets no shots on them the whole time they are focusing on me. Then they just die after I get knocked. Just wish my teams were better because I can't fully carry today lol

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I know. It's just hell when I do 150+ damage to someone plus more on rest of squad and my squad is nearby but still somehow gets no shots on them the whole time they are focusing on me. Then they just die after I get knocked. Just wish my teams were better because I can't fully carry today lol

I feel you, there is nothing worse than bad teammates.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess apex coins are what are needed to purchase the battle pass. Hopefully it's similar to fortnite where it's possible to fund your next battle pass through currency earned in the previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.