• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This game is very easy for me and my squadmates, but we get attacked by other squads just after fighting. We usually take down the third party except for one and we die.

One of my friends said he was taking a break after having to fend off 2-3 squads at a time.

My friends are getting a little tired of the 3rd party loop too.

I personally think the game needs things in place to stop it being so prevalent. Decoy grenades and silencers would be good editions.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My friends are getting a little tired of the 3rd party loop too.

I personally think the game needs things in place to stop it being so prevalent. Decoy grenades and silencers would be good editions.
What's interesting is that barrels are modeled as suppressors, but only increase accuracy. Maybe purple and gold barrels should be suppressors.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
if you're not jumpmaster, and you're throwing a fit that the jumpmaster (a total stranger with an entire life independent from your own) isn't immediately acquiescing to your no-context pings on the map, maybe you should relax on the decrees about who is and isn't good at the game

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
if you're not jumpmaster, and you're throwing a fit that the jumpmaster (a total stranger with an entire life independent from your own) isn't immediately acquiescing to your no-context pings on the map, maybe you should relax on the decrees about who is and isn't good at the game
but also, if you're jumping behind 3 other squads into bunker and refuse to go faster than 120 km/s, figure this game out

benj

Oct 27, 2017
but also, if you're jumping behind 3 other squads into bunker and refuse to go faster than 120 km/s, figure this game out
sure, yes. there are absolutely bad jumps and bad jumps can absolutely immediately lose games. jumping into a hot spot is not, on its own, something to be upset about. in this game I'm more put out when someone plops us in the middle of nowhere

Oct 26, 2017
High school and college taught me that you never show up to a party first. You wait and make a stylish entrance. Unless you are Caustic, then yoh mash your face in the same time as everyone, tossing out poison like candy.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That poster has been bent out of shape in this thread a few times.

I'm Level 85, but I am not that sweaty. Whenever someone sees my level they think I'm some kind of competitive player, but I tell them that my main objective is to enjoy the game as a team and play as one. I don't have time to be bitching about where people drop ;3

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they're hot dropping to get better in hot zones.
You don't get better by dying over and over before you can even get a weapon in areas that require a higher level of play. Especially when your entire team is telling you don't go there because they probably know better and are actively pinging away from the area and actively run away once they land.

If a player jump into a hot zone and they are the first death of the game and they rage quit, then you are just wasting people time. They don't even let the team loot up and grab their banner to try to make it to the end.

Oct 25, 2017
How's the crash situation for the PC players here? Tried playing a few rounds in the past hour and really couldn't play any match longer than a few minutes.

GTX 1080 Ti. A ton of hours and not a single crash.

I'm running 411.63 because I haven't updated in a while and have avoided updating after reading about the Apex issues.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
You don't get better by dying over and over before you can even get a weapon in areas that require a higher level of play. Especially when your entire team is telling you don't go there because they probably know better and are actively pinging away from the area and actively run away once they land.
The only place in this game that's so hot and hectic that it's regularly dumb to drop there, IMO, is supply ship. Any other area is fine. If the "entire team" (that is, two other people) don't want to go to a hot spot, that has more to do with their preference than with some absolute rule. You should stop pitching this as you knowing more about the game than these jumpmasters.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
I DID IT!! I finally carried my son to a W lol. I had 6 kills to his 0 and only 143 damage for him. Next game he had 14 kills almost 2k damage. Lil shit.

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
The only place in this game that's so hot and hectic that it's regularly dumb to drop there, IMO, is supply ship. Any other area is fine. If the "entire team" (that is, two other people) don't want to go to a hot spot, that has more to do with their preference than with some absolute rule. You should stop pitching this as you knowing more about the game than these jumpmasters.
Seeing how these jumpmasters who want to go to these ships constantly rage quit when they die leaving me and another player alone for an entire match, I think it is fair to say that I (and my other squad mate) knew better than to drop on the drop ship.

If you want to drop in a place that is hectic, go for it. But don't punish your team by rage quitting because you couldn't loot up with 5 other teams around you and you died and left.

I see no reason to defend rage quitters who constantly want to get into the thick of things and selfishly bail when they couldn't find enough loot to last seconds into the match. All while ignoring other squad mates literally saying, "This spot is too populated and we won't make it out with good loot" or with me typing "Too many people here, we should go else where" or one of us using the hold ping system to say "Let's check this spot out" away from where we landed.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how these jumpmasters who want to go to these ships constantly rage quit when they die leaving me and another player alone for an entire match, I think it is fair to say that I (and my other squad mate) knew better than to drop on the drop ship.

If you want to drop in a place that is hectic, go for it. But don't punish your team by rage quitting because you couldn't loot up with 5 other teams around you and you died and left.
I agree that people shouldn't rage quit when they die off their own drop, but I think that's pretty distinct from "when I ping somewhere, you absolutely have to go there or you know less about the game than I do."

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are the servers shitting themselves tonight or what?

Vpz7hox.jpg

it really is tho

L-Star is coming, but this new weapon tomorrow is not it. You can see what it looks like in Rocketz post last page.

Here is the gun from the launch trailer

1550616321248475.gif

Darryl M R

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that people shouldn't rage quit when they die off their own drop, but I think that's pretty distinct from "when I ping somewhere, you absolutely have to go there or you know less about the game than I do."
I never said they know less about the game. They could know the weapon damage per second and how long it takes grenades to go off (all stuff I don't know or really care to learn about). They can have knowledge. That doesn't mean they can have the skills to handle the drop ship or the muscle memory to quickly loot a deathbox while strafing around during a hectic firefight. And it's unfair to ragequit and leave your team to continue playing without a way to have a full team of 3.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Was opening the free Apex packs from Twitch and on the first one I opened the animation unpacking screen glitched out and hung at the robot vibrating. Had to quit out to do anything after waiting a few minutes and the pack was gone with nothing unlocked. Anyone else ever had something similar happen?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I think I got 4 Pathfinder skins in my 5 Apex packs. Huh.

Starting to feel better at the game. In the end, I had to just stop listening to weapon tier lists and start prioritizing ones that suit my playstyle/that I'm comfortable with, and really stock up on the mods for them. I think I got so used to swapping weapons for "better ones," that I stopped thinking about how I might be dropping a heavily modded gun I'm comfy with for one that's more powerful in a vaccuum, but not compatible with the mods I'm dropping. Still having a blast. Still getting carried to wins!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
High school and college taught me that you never show up to a party first. You wait and make a stylish entrance. Unless you are Caustic, then yoh mash your face in the same time as everyone, tossing out poison like candy.
HEY GUYS I BROUGHT THE DRIVE BY STINK BOMBS AND LEGENDARY R-99 SKINS!!1!!1!

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been using the VK47 as mid/long range and I'm finding it better than the Hemlock. I also like the sound and design more.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
[PC] Since last patch I got a lot of crash and this new "party leader quit" that kicks me out of matches... f this game, it's unplayable :/

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I got 3 legandaries from the Twitch Prime packs
  • Crafting Materials
  • Quarantine 722 skin for Wraith
  • Brother of the Blade for the Mozambique LOL

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
If you are the jump master and you ignore your teammates pings, and you end up dying first when we land where you want... you aren't good at this game. You can't handle hot zones so don't land their. My back hurts from carrying you.
In my case I relinquish jump master the second it shows up on the screen. I know I suck and anyone else in the team will know better :)

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anything is really OP on consoles tbh.

Maybe nerf the range of the peacekeeper with the choke equiped.

Last edited:

benj

Oct 27, 2017
hmm 2 for 2 on hard crashes in late game tonight. this most recent update might have really messed things up for me

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Just had a teammate rage quit because I picked up blue armor at the start of the game. Granted we went on to find a purple armor and like 4 more blue armors but ya know, he just HAD to have that one.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you play this game passively, you're dead to me.

Hiding behind a rock, peaking to take pot shots? You're doing it wrong.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The last three matches I played I couldn't even find a gun when I landed. Ended up being killed all three times right from the start. Is it just me or does Apex Legends have a gun spawning problem?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
How do you extend your jump from the plane like in this video? I haven't figured it out yet.
It's all in the vertical camera movement. So it's trying to balance speed vs distance and the trick is to pay attention to the Speed gauge on the left (not the Altitude gauge on the right, I don't even look at that). Every time you tilt the camera down, the speed will go up, so it's kind of about finding that balance until the speed starts to drop, and then dipping the camera down again to increase speed, and then levelling it out again to maintain that speed, over and over again.

You're trying to make a stair step pattern, basically. I usually try to keep my speed between 135 and 145.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you extend your jump from the plane like in this video? I haven't figured it out yet.

Same as with balloon. Stare straight up, hold free look, move body with WASD/left stick.

You can re-engage this whenever you need. So you can fly most of the way like normal, then engage your free look trick when you're close to structures. Also works for full team if you're jumpmaster.

It's all in the vertical camera movement. So it's trying to balance speed vs distance and the trick is to pay attention to the Speed gauge on the left (not the Altitude gauge on the right, I don't even look at that). Every time you tilt the camera down, the speed will go up, so it's kind of about finding that balance until the speed starts to drop, and then dipping the camera down again to increase speed, and then levelling it out again to maintain that speed, over and over again.

You're trying to make a stair step pattern, basically.
They're talking about the hover extension trick. It works from the plane too.

Status
Not open for further replies.