• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
if you run away solo and die, i wont come for you
if you run away with your buddy in voicechat and you both die without waiting for me, i aint coming either
if you see a red dot 300 meters away and charge into it blindly only to die, i'll leave you to your death
if you are jumpmaster and drop us so we die in first 10 seconds, i am disconnecting instantly
if we are fighting at first minute and you are on the other side of the base looting while we get downed, i am disconnecting

Dude I had like 10 games in a row tonight with fuckers dropping us ten seconds into the game. I wasn't jump master once. Everytime my two team mates died first and I came to the rescue to either die or Kill an entire squad. And then soon after get gunned down by 2 other squads. It's as exciting as it is infuriating. I finally just gave up and quit for the night. Want to jump right away? Be ready to fight assholes.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Had a game where a teammate just afk'd until the ring killed him. Me and the other random ended up third.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
IN0olnt.png

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Won a game where I was the last person left on my team and the last team died to the circle. Still was intense

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Landed on a dropship, got a legendary armor... the only weapon I found was a Mozambique. Got downed and executed. That pretty much sums up my weekend experience with Apex Legends.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Won a game where I was the last person left on my team and the last team died to the circle. Still was intense
both of my teammates died on 3rd minute, i lasted until top3 squads without firing a single shot, then when i was running around i got YOU ARE CHAMPION message. was laughing so hard, if not for firefight at very first minute i would've won without firing a single bullet.
both enemy squads died to circle

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I've kind of fallen in love with the Alternator tbh. I feel more confident with it at close range than a shotgun.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
R-99 and Auto Prowler are great too, but keep that auto pistol shit away from me, I'm actually trying to kill people.
its actually not that bad as a side weapon, it has laser accuracy and since its a pistol you switch to it mid firefight in the blink of an eye.
you dont run with it permanently, obviously, but as a side weapon its great

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
Man some of you are stressing out like you are taking out a mortgage or something. If your teammate isn't reviving you or being an asshole or whatever just back out and get a new game.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
RE-45 is honestly good for hectic early close-range fights before people have armor. And good to drop immediately after that.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Anyone dropped in right at the start and found a fully-kitted-with-golds weapon? Happened to me today. Got the cheevo and ay'thing. Didn't know that was possible. I'll be on the lookout for those from now on.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
I launch straight down at the start of every match. I like getting right into the game.
this is fine if you do it literally 0.01 sec after its possible.
even 1 second delay means squad wipe

Anyone dropped in right at the start and found a fully-kitted-with-golds weapon? Happened to me today. Didn't know that was possible. I'll be on the lookout for those from now on.
those are normal weapons, just with pre-configured attachments. they have no benefits other than being fully upgraded and you cant swap parts in them

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
this is fine if you do it literally 0.01 sec after its possible.
even 1 second delay means squad wipe

those are normal weapons, just with pre-configured attachments. they have no benefits other than being fully upgraded and you cant swap parts in them
Yeah, but this had every attachment slot filled with gold, right off the bat. I think it was an R-301. It was bad-ass.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
DAMN!

Made it to #2 Solo.

I went on my usual suicide run when I get stuck solo and somehow didn't die immediately. So I spent most of the battle avoiding conflict, taking a few shots here and there to cause confusion and somehow made it to the last three squads. I waited until they were engaged and just rushed in. One squad went down and I actually thought I might pull it off when I took one dude down with a shotty and broke another shields. Oh well.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Actually when I drop .01 seconds after I usually collide with another squad and get slowed way down. Waiting even a second gets me down way faster!

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Servers are crap this weekend. Constant errors. Also tried shutting a door 3 times and it wouldn't shut. Nothing was blocking it.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
its still funny to me that you cant open the door the other way instead of trying to bash into it

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Something I discovered today: if you right click while in the dropship, you can zoom in to pinpoint exact locations to mark.

Also: second time in a few days that I've crashed seconds after picking up a banner, and I was the last one up on my team.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Just got my first win, totally carried by the two randoms I paired up with.

10 or so games in and it's not clicking for me the way pubg and blackout did. Can't put my finger on it. Going to keep at it though.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
I've managed to secure 5 wins today. Had one where my squad killed about half the players in the game--28 total kills. Been a good day for me so far.

Something I discovered today: if you right click while in the dropship, you can zoom in to pinpoint exact locations to mark.

You can also just open your map and click anywhere to pinpoint a location. This has the effect of also allowing you to see the path of the dropship.

Last edited:

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
The third partying has gotten a little extreme. Like 3 hours straight of games where i'd win a fight or two just to get ambushed within seconds before i can heal or get ammo or pick up team mates or whatever disadvantage that makes it unwinnable. And it's not like the teams i'm in are always going to hot zones, even out of the way mid tier loot locations, if I kill anything a clown car of newcomers will somersault onto the scene and punish it.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
The third partying has gotten a little extreme. Like 3 hours straight of games where i'd win a fight or two just to get ambushed within seconds before i can heal or get ammo or pick up team mates or whatever disadvantage that makes it unwinnable. And it's not like the teams i'm in are always going to hot zones, even out of the way mid tier loot locations, if I kill anything a clown car of newcomers will somersault onto the scene and punish it.

You're almost better off dropping into hot zones. You may lose early, but once the area is cleared out you're likely going to have a ton of time to fan out and loot some additional surrounding areas. I've had a lot of luck dropping to armory and doing just that. Yea, it sucks if you get unlucky and die right away, but it's better than wandering around and getting clown fiesta'd.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Where was the other guy hiding that whole time?
Wtf, where was that other guy at? Never had a game like that before lol.
I have no idea

I checked the roffs, may have missed some blind spot there, a friend suggested he was hiding on the tree
So maybe this guy was just hiding in a tree

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Dang, I've been crashing a lot since the update. Never did before that.

Hope they fix it soon.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, made it to 2nd again solo.
My squad quit out after one died and the other got knocked down in our first fight, which I won taking out the enemy squad. Worst is there was a respawn point right there...
Squad that won was a full three, and they surrounded me.

Nov 15, 2017
The funniest thing ever just happened to me. Got paired with a level 1 and a level 20-something tonight (I'm level 12). While we're in the dropship was looking around and accidentally pinged an area behind some mountains that are out of bounds. Next thing I know the level one dude (who was the jumpmaster) started the jump and headed towards my ping. I quickly realized what was happening and broke off from them and landed on top of the mountain. It took me almost 20 seconds of running and jumping to get back in bounds. The two eventually died up there and after kept pinging their banner for me to come and retrieve it. I literally couldn't stop laughing 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.