• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Apex is up to #6 on Xbox most played games after being #8 the past few weeks. So it's definitely going up. Curious how much farther it'll go.

The Hiveking

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this went live yet, but they said they were altering challenges that were making people run all over the map instead of being a team player (example: getting kills in a specific part of the map).
They were both specific weapon type challenges. I wonder if they removed them as well.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this went live yet, but they said they were altering challenges that were making people run all over the map instead of being a team player (example: getting kills in a specific part of the map).
I had my challenges change multiple times throughout the day, the first few days. Me and my friend thought the resets were every 12 hours but then it seemed random. Then they 'removed' the location based daily challenges, despite them still being in weekly(for me) and they didnt actually remove them. They just made them invisible, I just got a knockdown in runoff and it gave me a daily challenge completion prompt, went from 6/10 to 7/10 daily challenges done for the week.

The netcode in the game still needs a ton of work to be done, outside them fixing the early game slowdown the backend networking hasn't been touched I feel like. This entire day was filled with code leafs and code nets. I was in my friends party, we readied up and it put HIM into a game and it just left me sitting in the main menu...

Their whole system for loss forgiveness, no squad mate forgiveness, punishment on leaving etc. is not even implemented yet right? They just disabled the punishment for leaving ranked but I'm still usually alone or with only 1 other guy, and since it costs points to play ranked(just hit gold) then I'm just getting punished for no reason. The whole system barely worked in Elite Queue because the games deep issues would loophole itself into giving you permanent forgiveness since leaving during a game or starting alone is as common as finding a shield cell. But you would just lose your streak randomly even if your past 5 matches you were either solo or duo or the people would leaving right after dying at their hotdrop area.

I'm liking the map changes, but I'm not feeling the love like I did back in mid season 1, since it's just the same issues. I drop, run through 3-4 buildings, die to a Ninja Pro Pathfinder who has purple armour and a turbo charged devotion while I have no armour with a mozambique. It seems worse now because of the added hop ups, getting a game off the ground is way harder now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have less than half of my usual K/D this season, even compared to what I was doing last week. I improve in every FPS but here it's as if I went back like 10 ranks. Ranked or normal, most of my shots simply don't connect anymore, the damage numbers are skewed (this last match I killed 2 guys with full health and damaged two others, showed I did 181 damage). And none of the previous issues are fixed, so the enemies can still walk silent, they can still shoot through walls more often than before actually, there's still the odd issue of starting to see the killscreen before the actual shot happens, plus the game is crashing and disconnecting more than ever. I'm starting to lose my patience honestly.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm done. Second consecutive match I land, nobody else is visible landing, yet somebody spawns up right next to me and kills me with an L-Star - yep, they have a Gold weapon right from the start without picking one up. In the prior match I was at least respawned, only to be killed with shots going through Gib's shield. Game had a good run, best BR for a while, right now it is simply unplayable for me and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Tip for new players wanting to play with randoms.... Do not,under any circumstances play at the weekend. I think over the last 2 days I've seen the very worse players in gaming history. I'm not talking about new players that are unfamiliar with the game, these are players that are level 100 who would rather run for 2 minutes towards an enemy while you were down right next to them in cover. Or there was a guy this morning who's tactic of avoiding enemy fire was to run around the same rock over and over again as they took shots at him. Or perhaps there was the dude who ran into bunker alone while me and the other guy tried to heal up and when he was downed he started to throw abuse at us.

To top it all off, this is in ranked mode. There needs to be some sort of system similar to overwatch where you can give players likes and stuff.

I've been playing games for over 20 years and I've never seen such terrible players. Ever.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And now a win in which we murdered people left and right. I play the same, yet it's so inconsistent. No other BR has this inconsistency, not even PUBG. Surreal.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Man, screw ranked. It's so much more fun playing regular matches and winning 1vs3 fights against, what is now more clear then ever, average players. It's impossible to 1vs3, even 1vs2, in higher tiers of ranked...

Also, my shots weren't perfect, but this kinda opened my eyes at how good Wattson's hitbox is.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
One thing I've noticed in ranked is that players camp the fuck out of death boxes. To an extent that they'll actually be sat in the storm doing it. It's a tactic I've never used but I see loads of teams doing it.

I suppose it's an easy kill for when the 3rd player comes back for his buddies, but it seems totally redundant in ranked as survival and map placement should always take priority.

Edit: and they still haven't fixed issues with the game that have been in since launch.

-Other players/teams not being visible during th drop
-Other players/teams running up behind you without making a sound
-Connection issues with players often freezing and getting kicked back to dashboard (Xbox)

Last edited:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I have less than half of my usual K/D this season, even compared to what I was doing last week. I improve in every FPS but here it's as if I went back like 10 ranks. Ranked or normal, most of my shots simply don't connect anymore, the damage numbers are skewed (this last match I killed 2 guys with full health and damaged two others, showed I did 181 damage). And none of the previous issues are fixed, so the enemies can still walk silent, they can still shoot through walls more often than before actually, there's still the odd issue of starting to see the killscreen before the actual shot happens, plus the game is crashing and disconnecting more than ever. I'm starting to lose my patience honestly.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm done. Second consecutive match I land, nobody else is visible landing, yet somebody spawns up right next to me and kills me with an L-Star - yep, they have a Gold weapon right from the start without picking one up. In the prior match I was at least respawned, only to be killed with shots going through Gib's shield. Game had a good run, best BR for a while, right now it is simply unplayable for me and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Care packages dropping at the beginning of the match is one of the stupidiest ideas they could have thought of.

Before Season 2, randoms would drop at Skulltown and at least wait until they died before disconnecting; now they disconnect when they can't get the gold weapon in time. Unreal.

And god, I'm fed up with all these error codes. If only you didn't have to press "Ready" every time.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Care packages dropping at the beginning of the match is one of the stupidiest ideas they could have thought of.

Before Season 2, randoms would drop at Skulltown and at least wait until they died before disconnecting; now they disconnect when they can't get the gold weapon in time. Unreal.

And god, I'm fed up with all these error codes. If only you didn't have to press "Ready" every time.

Yeah, that one's stupid, however I saw multiple people obtain the L-Star without picking one up from the care package. Once we dropped there, my teammate picked it up, and yet an enemy had it too! Those supply drops at the start are a bad idea and are just flatout broken atm.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Something is not right in ranked. In regular mode most the lobby is aggressive but in ranked they're camping. Do they even understand that you need to kill to get RP also? This is damn stupid

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Something is not right in ranked. In regular mode most the lobby is aggressive but in ranked they're camping. Do they even understand that you need to kill to get RP also? This is damn stupid

It's because placement matters a lot more then kills and not many players have ranked up yet. So every squad you see is actually really good and hard to kill, which is almost the exact opposite of regular mode.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
It's because placement matters a lot more then kills and not many players have ranked up yet. So every squad you see is actually really good and hard to kill, which is almost the exact opposite of regular mode.
It gives you decent RP but if you are not winning then what's the achievement someone will feel by just camping their way to top 3? I started t-bagging everyone I kill that was camping

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
It gives you decent RP but if you are not winning then what's the achievement someone will feel by just camping their way to top 3? I started t-bagging everyone I kill that was camping

The achievement is ranking up. In Apex specifically anytime that you take on a fight, you're taking the chance of getting 3rd, 4th, or 5th partied. Which is fine if that's the experience you want from the game. But if your goal is to rank as highly as you can (which I would think is the goal in playing ranked), then you're going to want to adjust your play in order to increase your chances of placing highly.

I've already seen far less people dropping immediately after dying and far more teammates actually making an effort to, and succeeding at respawning allies than you see in unranked play. That's an example of changing playstyle to increase your chances of ranking higher or winning.

Deleted member 56449

Banned
May 3, 2019
The achievement is ranking up. In Apex specifically anytime that you take on a fight, you're taking the chance of getting 3rd, 4th, or 5th partied. Which is fine if that's the experience you want from the game. But if your goal is to rank as highly as you can (which I would think is the goal in playing ranked), then you're going to want to adjust your play in order to increase your chances of placing highly.

I've already seen far less people dropping immediately after dying and far more teammates actually making an effort to, and succeeding at respawning allies than you see in unranked play. That's an example of changing playstyle to increase your chances of ranking higher or winning.
Well rank up by camping until you reach higher levels and then get destroyed by skilled teams because you weren't willing to engage in fights and up your game. Fine by me

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Ranked works out. I'm laughing cause people are now not as successful as before being placed with a lobby of top tier players. Did you expect to still dominate? Shroud noticed even going into gold a shift in skill and they were struggling to just roll over players.

I said it two days ago but teams were already baiting out people and playing with tactics. This is what you should expect at higher levels in a ranked mode. Any game with a ranked mode will have a different style of play. If you don't like then the regular mode is there for under leveled, causals seeking kills or alt accounts. R6 had a straight up garbage casual mode but people still play it for some reason so I'm sure this casual mode will retain a fair amount of players.

Also complaining on care package at drops... Don't go for them then, it's pretty easy decision to avoid and it's not like the L star will have ammo the entire match. Just go get a purple box flyer that sits on it's own with nobody else around it and loot up like any other br.

I may wait to play until the leaver penalty is put back in. It seemed to really cut down on people leaving the first few days. It didn't prevent the silly attempts to get a banner or the rage quitters but I ended way more matches with full squads.

Last edited:

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Well rank up by camping until you reach higher levels and then get destroyed by skilled teams because you weren't willing to engage in fights and up your game. Fine by me

Pure gunplay doesn't always determine the winner though. Tactical play can and usually is a pretty big factor in determining matches. Item usuage, positioning, weapon loadout, character skill use, and teamwork all play a role. Sure it's great to have good twitch skills and if you're truly exceptional it can cover for gaps in other areas but most people simply aren't that. And rushing into every fight possible isn't going to make them that. Otherwise there would be a lot more Shrouds and Shroud wouldn't be so well known.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
So, the other day when I said that my challenges changed because one of them was "get 2 kills in Artillery". Well, I had to get a finisher as Mirage, we ended up landing in Artillery and I performed a finisher, that would have been my 2nd kill on Friday.....and I just got the 3000 stars for it today. I scored a free challenge! lol

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I'm shocked at all of the complaints about Season 2. It seems like a massive improvement over Season 1, and I'm having a blast too. I'm also performing a lot better in Season 2 than ever before; I feel like the Challenges, especially weapon specific ones, have incentivized me to really explore a lot of different weapons I normally would totally pass over. I've learned the beauty of the R99 and R-301. I'm glad they quickly got rid of location specific challenges because that shit is dumb and toxic for matches.

I'm also just psyched that Caustic and Gib got buffed, and Caustic especially has such great synergy with Wattson. They are a deadly duo.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Initial care packages are great, cause they spread out the hot droppers. Now if you want to hot drop you can pick between the two care packages, the blue ring, or Skulltown if that's your fancy.

Takes a little pressure off some of the other drops.

Plus, landing a good drop directly at one and snagging that L-Star is great fun. It's not like it lasts the whole match anyway.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I'm shocked at all of the complaints about Season 2. It seems like a massive improvement over Season 1, and I'm having a blast too. I'm also performing a lot better in Season 2 than ever before; I feel like the Challenges, especially weapon specific ones, have incentivized me to really explore a lot of different weapons I normally would totally pass over. I've learned the beauty of the R99 and R-301. I'm glad they quickly got rid of location specific challenges because that shit is dumb and toxic for matches.

I'm also just psyched that Caustic and Gib got buffed, and Caustic especially has such great synergy with Wattson. They are a deadly duo.
100% agree with all of this

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I think the greater community agrees as well. It's mainly all been positive comments with randoms I've played with as well. Some of these folks have commented on the $ their friends are dropping on season 2.

Some people sound like they can't adapt to updates or just realize to drop else where if your complaint is a supply drop at the start of the match.... You know the risk of going for it or even landing around it. There is better loot elsewhere. Also that supply drop at best has a weapon and probably no shield. Go loot a shield and some decent weapons and take them down since they are going to be low on items overall.

I also saw they temporarily discounted some of the weapons and that's been a request. I'm sure there will be something negative around a discount being added in for a few people here. As I said early on you have to build up items first before getting variations in store prices. Now that the game is getting more and more content we should see sales and discounts. I'd expect a more robust store like seige has in an upcoming season to allow you to spend red coins in it. Some items will be yellow coin/loot box exclusive and others will be red coins. I can't see it existing in it's current form much longer if they want to generate cash from this content. I'd buy a ton of loading screens and music packs of they keep adding them. Could go the DotA tore and have custom announcers as well. Just wish you could have rotating loading screens in the near future.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Having a lot of fun this season as well. Enjoying the change of pace in Ranked as well. Some goofy end circle scenarios in that playlist lol.

TestMonkey

Nov 3, 2017
I'm really feeling Octane this season. The ability to run ahead of the storm and pick off stragglers is amazing.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I was in a several minute 3 vs 3 battle at some small building north of the forest area. Basically a Watson was fencing to keep us out and I was fencing to keep them in. Was absurd and finally we got it down to a 2 vs 1 and just rushed in through the fencing. We didn't have grenades to destroy the fence plus her ult was up. Her fencing did damage but with 2 vs 1 it seemed worth going for it before a 3rd party joined.

Battle was intense and I finally killed the Watson to revive both my teammates. She has really changed up the gameplay and it's exciting to see her abilities in action.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
The fences don't do nearly enough damage or disorientation. Quite a few times now I've just run straight through one and still won the gunfight on the other side.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tip for new players wanting to play with randoms.... Do not,under any circumstances play at the weekend. I think over the last 2 days I've seen the very worse players in gaming history. I'm not talking about new players that are unfamiliar with the game, these are players that are level 100 who would rather run for 2 minutes towards an enemy while you were down right next to them in cover. Or there was a guy this morning who's tactic of avoiding enemy fire was to run around the same rock over and over again as they took shots at him. Or perhaps there was the dude who ran into bunker alone while me and the other guy tried to heal up and when he was downed he started to throw abuse at us.

To top it all off, this is in ranked mode. There needs to be some sort of system similar to overwatch where you can give players likes and stuff.

I've been playing games for over 20 years and I've never seen such terrible players. Ever.
Can confer. I played with a buddy yesterday and every random we got was incredibly inept at literally doing anything. It was a struggle for most of the day. When we finally got a 3rd we won 6 in a row. Before that I was tearing my hair out tho.

Because why chase kills when at max you get 5 points? People would rather play it safe and climb by hiding out than taking a firefight with a team where you might end up losing points then gaining them. The cap for kills needs to be upped. 5 is laughably low. Thats basically dropping hot right away and then camping the rest of the game because youve already maxed out your bp for kills. How fun

benj

Oct 27, 2017
The fences don't do nearly enough damage or disorientation. Quite a few times now I've just run straight through one and still won the gunfight on the other side.
that seems good, though? if running through one guaranteed that you'd lose the fight, that'd be awful. triggering caustic barrels and shooting mirages don't instantly make you lose a fight either

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

They seem to remove shields quickly but I've only went through them once. The disorientation definitely isn't as bad as caustics traps though.

I think just placing them up around battles can be useful and strong. People just jump and focus on the firefight and can hit them inadvertently changing the outcome. Also it can limit or slow access into the high ground.

I think they are in a good place strength wise.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
me: wow first match of the day and I got good, communicative teammates

apex servers: oh no you don't *disconnects*

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
So I just connected on Apex on my PC account and got the Wattson & L-Star Twitch skins. That I already got on my PS4 account. Is that a glitch? Weren't we just supposed to get it on one platform only, whichever we'd connect on first between PC/PS4/XBox One?

Either way, guess I'll keep it if I'm allowed, since I'm lucky for once!

Last edited:

thatboydavey

Banned
Jun 26, 2019
Made it to Gold III with my squad. I prefer to play the regular mode since it's more fast paced but I need those end season ranked rewards. 😆

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
When does season 2 begin and will there be a thread?

I've just coming home from traveling so no idea what's happening

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Since all the Twitch Pro-Gamers™ are busy in ranked, snatching wins in normal mode became super easy. Just got 2 wins out of 4 games today.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't help but play a couple ranked games, even though I was gonna take a break, and got this super clutch max points win in Gold:

My teammate still called it boring because we could never get 20-30 squad kills like in normal matches. :/

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
As clutch as that was... I have never seen enemy teams that bad in Gold on Xbox.

The last guy dying to the zone was dumb, but what was bad about the other players?

The first one I outplayed with my movement. The second one I baited with the revive, then strafed my way to the kill. Baited the fourth one with a revive as well, he choked for half a second when my teammate put the shield up while I was healing, we traded shots while both of us were strafing and I barely won.

Calling them bad seems super unwarranted.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Since all the Twitch Pro-Gamers™ are busy in ranked, snatching wins in normal mode became super easy. Just got 2 wins out of 4 games today.

Yeah on PC rn unranked is full of goofy shit rn. Watching 3+ squads dive into a pit mid game for ??? reasons and none of them walk out shit. People pushing with no game plan etc.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
The last guy dying to the zone was dumb, but what was bad about the other players?

The first one I outplayed with my movement. The second one I baited with the revive, then strafed my way to the kill. Baited the fourth one with a revive as well, he choked for half a second when my teammate put the shield up while I was healing, we traded shots while both of us were strafing and I barely won.

Calling them bad seems super unwarranted.
The entire absence of team play is what I'm calling out. People stack hard on Xbox in ranked and if you're alone for even a second at the end of the game it's basically game over.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
The entire absence of team play is what I'm calling out. People stack hard on Xbox in ranked and if you're alone for even a second at the end of the game it's basically game over.

You're trying to make it as an Xbox thing but it's the same on PS4. Pathfinder pushed me because I was reviving, I finished one of his teammates and the other was down, Wattson was a solo. So often in ranked I'll die when shooting at one player because their teammate is flanking me. It's def next to impossible to win as a solo in ranked, if you're by yourself the best course of action is to hide and play for placement.

Last edited:

Rental

Oct 28, 2017

Haha xbox and that cloud power giving them players the edge....

There is no difference between any of the versions. You run across players with skills and it comes down to your placement, movement, skills and decision making against theirs.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played in about a month and want to jump back in. Is there a tier list for the heros ?

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
So I mentioned a good game a few days ago. Been having fun with entry level video editing and rough chopped a highlight reel to share with Shadowrun and at the same time BDG tweeted out the teaser of the next episode of Unraveled, which was 16 seconds of him going woo.

So he jokes yay he wants to see all my action punctuated by BDGs woos. So I did.

Took a small clip and added a little something. :)

Sound adds a lot. So use sound.

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
Ranked so far isn't bad until you start playing matches with golds whew. That's when the A-D spamming and head peaks get crazy.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The loot drop rates are so fucking terrible it just makes me want to uninstall the game. Watching shroud and company go in about this as well the last few days is the only thing giving me sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.