• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Some hot drops are totally viable. Reverse psychology works at times in this game.

Especially if the highlighted gear zone is somewhere else. Like last night our ship started above run off but the highlighted zone was marketplace. I didn't jump initially but I noticed that no one else jumped lol so we quickly jumped and had runoff and the pit all to ourselves.

Then that wouldn't be a hot drop. A hot drop is dropping and committing to any spot where there are multiple teams also dropping. It's not about which spot it is on the map. It's about how contested the drop is. That's what makes it "hot."

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
L1Uh0jI.jpg

Sorry for the low quality, I was so surprised I forgot to screencap it and had to pull from the video instead.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Lol and all those people begging for it seem to have disappeared. Solo mode is typically the least played in BRs so it really isn't that much of a demand mode overall if expect. It was just a vocal bunch requesting it. People will abandon this quick especially if no stats are recorded for it.

I still think they should have just created three enclosed areas of the current map and rotated them as a solo arena death match mode. Maybe have each area with a balloon and a few portals to add to the chaos.
lol yeah, I would have much preferred duos or quads

I also heard rumbling of a event happening in August, is this it? If so, ehhhh lol

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should do more interesting limited time modes and keep solos permanent if it's succesful.

Some ideas
1. Random heroes where the hero is selected at random and then EVERYONE plays as that hero.

2. Something of a 50v50 or 20v20v20v20v20 mode. Perhaps make teams comprised of 1 of each character. The hope is it would lead to overwatch style team fights.

3. Gold drops only. Every gun is fully kitted. Every pick up is gold.

4. No shields. Gotta be more careful when you're that squishy.

5. Snipers only. You can also make other modes where the type of weapon is limited.

LTM modes were some of the best fun in fortnite

SEBattleship

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
lol yeah, I would have much preferred duos or quads

I also heard rumbling of a event happening in August, is this it? If so, ehhhh lol

Nothing confirmed yet, but it looks like they're adding some sort of PVE mode soon if the data mined leaks are to be believed. The original season 2 trailer showed players flying among some flyers that are not in the game yet. Also likely that we'll get Crypto this season.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
You will probably need to buy them for 1800 currency judging by the past event. The store is still abysmal.

Yeah, the first time there were limited time event skins, you could only buy them with coins. They might give one or more of them as a reward for some challenges like last time with Bloodhound/G7 Scout/Triple Take skins.

I'm thinking you'll be able to unlock the Bangalore skin, the cool Legendary ones they'll want you to pay for.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
they should do more interesting limited time modes and keep solos permanent if it's succesful.

Some ideas
1. Random heroes where the hero is selected at random and then EVERYONE plays as that hero.

2. Something of a 50v50 or 20v20v20v20v20 mode. Perhaps make teams comprised of 1 of each character. The hope is it would lead to overwatch style team fights.

3. Gold drops only. Every gun is fully kitted. Every pick up is gold.

4. No shields. Gotta be more careful when you're that squishy.

5. Snipers only. You can also make other modes where the type of weapon is limited.

LTM modes were some of the best fun in fortnite

Yeah, this is what I've been hoping for ever since day one, really. Stupid fun modes to play every now and then.

Oct 31, 2017
Halo pro Snip3down was one of two controller players at the XGames Apex tournament and his team Reciprocity placed second. But not only that, he actually wound up getting the honor (and $3,000 cash bonus!) of being the Apex Predator: the player with the most individual kills.

As someone who prefers to play FPS with a controller and FPS games designed with controllers in mind, this is cool!

In Halo 5, I actually got paired up against him and Pistola in Social Slayer once and got absolutely dumped on by those guys, but I felt good for simply being able to kill each of them once lmao.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
they should add a 6v6 mode with squishy AI teammates on both sides
and let you call in some sort of big mech to pilot like you call in a Lifeline package

they could call it like juggernaut drop or something

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was typing in chat and someone invited me to a party. I hit Y before I even noticed the invite pop up. It removed me from fucking game.

Fix your goddamn UI EA/Respawn.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Hit exactly 1000 kills and 60 wins with Wattson, might be time to use the old Legends more for a bit.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Going to start playing Apex Legends tonight.
This is the first time I'm jumping into the game (starting from level 1), so was wondering if there's anything I can do to level up quickly?

I've wanted to get into this for months so finally downloaded and installed last night (done the training this morning before work). Now seems to be a good time to get into it with Season 2 kicking off.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time I'm jumping into the game (starting from level 1), so was wondering if there's anything I can do to level up quickly?

I've wanted to get into this for months so finally downloaded and installed last night (done the training this morning before work). Now seems to be a good time to get into it with Season 2 kicking off.

I wouldn't worry about leveling quickly. Better to put your focus into learning which weapons you like, which parts of the map are the most dangerous, and which characters suit your playstyle best. You won't be able to play the ranked mode initially, so you'll have time to learn and adjust in the regular play list. Once you do start to get the hang of it though, the best way to consistently do well is to find yourself a steady group that you play with regularly. Aside from that, your performance will be based on time and and natural skill.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

Leveling doesn't really do anything significant, so just focus on having fun and finding the Legend(s) you like.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I wouldn't worry about leveling quickly. Better to put your focus into learning which weapons you like, which parts of the map are the most dangerous, and which characters suit your playstyle best. You won't be able to play the ranked mode initially, so you'll have time to learn and adjust in the regular play list. Once you do start to get the hang of it though, the best way to consistently do well is to find yourself a steady group that you play with regularly. Aside from that, your performance will be based on time and and natural skill.
Leveling doesn't really do anything significant, so just focus on having fun and finding the Legend(s) you like.

OK cheers guys. This looks like a lot of fun to play.
Had a go at Fortnite, but never really got into it. This looks much more up my street.

Proper FPS.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Went to 740 RP and now I am back to 720. I need a solo ranked mode. I can win 1on1 fights but getting steamrolled by teams because your teammates camped their way up to diamond makes it impossible to rank up.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't play that much ranked since hitting Diamond but it was incredibly hard, even with a premade team and communication. We'd win one, then get destroyed in the next five, negating the points from the win and even going below.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow miraculously won 2 ranked matches with randos, back to back.

Communication is vital. But common sense is still king. I won the lottery with common sense randos.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The single fire hemlock is a mystery to me

One game its the death star laser.

The other game I can't hit shit.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, hemlock never does it for me even when I'm feeling good.

Flatline has grown on me a lot atleast. But in general I seem to almost always have light ammo weapons now, unless I find a longbow.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess a popular streamer started using KB+M on console because the amount of people using it skyrocketed lately. Getting killed by those people or even getting carried by people using it is so stupid.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I guess a popular streamer started using KB+M on console because the amount of people using it skyrocketed lately. Getting killed by those people or even getting carried by people using it is so stupid.

Honestly people have been using it for awhile. Since blackout launched people have been talking about it. I played with people prior to season 1 in Apex using it. Unless something changed they liked it but it made looting slower and sometimes they still had to use a controller for the loot aspect. Maybe they had it set up wrong but it sounded like there was a trade-off to using it.

I don't doubt he brought in a few new users but it's not a cheap device that people are buying like crazy now cause of him. Positioning is still going to win out in most of these battles regardless.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, hemlock never does it for me even when I'm feeling good.

Flatline has grown on me a lot atleast. But in general I seem to almost always have light ammo weapons now, unless I find a longbow.
R99 Longbow

The GOAT combo. Nothing else comes close imo.

Need that 99. It honestly might need its recoil/spread looked at or something because it is just stupid good right now

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
R99 Longbow

The GOAT combo. Nothing else comes close imo.

Need that 99. It honestly might need its recoil/spread looked at or something because it is just stupid good right now

I saw a youtube video and, in perfect conditions, it is better than the Alternator with hop up because the hop up only boost s damage to shields.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Won one game tonight and man everything went my way that game. Got 9 kills with an LMG that had a blue extended magazine attached.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
Had 4 games tonight where it said I wasn't playing with friends (I was) two of them were wins too, stinks that I didn't get that xp. I know I'll get it back quickly, but it is frustrating when this happens. It had been a couple weeks since it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.