• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
The easter egg in the firing range they found today is nuts. I love gaming communities and how they come together to solve things like this.

Are the odds any better for me if I open my packs in a row, or maybe during a certain time of day? I worry all the good loot from the pool is being sucked up with everyone opening all their packs.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
You just know that with this new update people are gonna start challenging teammates they're annoyed by to 1v1s, lmao

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
got my first two legendary character skins from boxes lol

got this Wraith skin from my backlogged level up boxes, not my favorite but it's alright
aKdQRI2.jpg

and this Octane skin from my battle pass legendary box, I don't play him often but it's my favorite of his skins so that was nice
IyTaeVF.jpg

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Had an... interesting game to end my session last night.

The server went berserk, everybody was either stuck, getting kicked out or leaving. For some reason, me, one teammate and a single other guy got unstuck after five minutes. All the other people left either died outside of the ring because they couldn't move or got disconnect, so we killed the last guy to get the win.

Btw this was in ranked, and apparently points were still counted for those who got kicked, which is kinda iffy. My SO (our third teammate) got disconnected in late game and still won points.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Got 2 epic charms, 1 legendary for Wraith (black clothes, bald one, probably the one I most wanted!), R 301 Legendary, (cool skin, still need to try to see if it sucks ingame). Decent enough for 14 packs.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Zero legendary (as expected)

But did get a couple of epic banner poses that I quite like. Wasn't a total loss.

A few things I've noticed in my 4 games since the update....

Loot distro is still terrible, went through the 4 buildings and 6 loot bins without finding armour or a semi auto weapon in my very first game. Next game found 5 purple armours and 4 blue in the same area.

The character selection skin glitch is still in and hasn't been fixed

There's no way to buy the new charms? They're only available in loot ticks?...not that I'm too bothered about them, but I thought theyd be available to purchase for materials.

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way to buy the new charms? They're only available in loot ticks?...not that I'm too bothered about them, but I thought theyd be available to purchase for materials.
There is. You have to go to the loadout screen for a gun, press the button labeled 'Charms,' and you'll see every available charm there with the option to use crafting metals.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
The easter egg in the firing range they found today is nuts. I love gaming communities and how they come together to solve things like this.

Are the odds any better for me if I open my packs in a row, or maybe during a certain time of day? I worry all the good loot from the pool is being sucked up with everyone opening all their packs.
What was the easter egg?

Oct 27, 2017
Just to confirm, the battlepass star challenges don't contribute to normal XP gains, correct? My group was wondering if there's a reason to do them after hitting 110.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Just one legendary from the boxes I opened. The M.R.V.N. gun charm, so actually pretty pleased with that.

I also bought the Outlands Avalanche skin for the R99. I heard this has the best iron sights, so looking forward to checking it out.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
24 apex packs, 2 legendaries (one of which was a banner frame for mirage where i already had a legendary banner frame equipped). not a particularly great haul - got saddled with a tonne of crafting materials - but hey that's loot boxes for ya 🤷‍♂️

also: i had 10 packs that i had purchased before the update, didn't get a charm in those first 10 that i opened, but immediately got a charm in the first of the last 14, which might have been the 14 given from the update. this could suggest predetermination on purchase, but sadly i found no other charms from the rest of the last 13 packs to solidly confirm.

here's a vid, replete with terrible commentary by myself through a bad mic:

Last edited:

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
What was the easter egg?

If you go to the range as path(easiest way) drop your p2020, equip a blue shield, turn around and go into the cave on the right. Grapple up onto the catwalk thing inside the cave. Crouch, look down, switch characters. Go outside. Titanfall grunts will spawn and shoot you and move around indefinitely.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Opened my packs, got a legendary banner frame for Octane (a character I don't even own), a legendary skin for the Longbow (of which I already own 2...including the better variant of the one I just got) and my first finisher for Gibraltar.

All in all...about what I expected.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Cant find the titanfall thread but titanfall on ps4 has like 40K players online

someone should make a thread about it, I want everyone to know tf2 is Back

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Cant find the titanfall thread but titanfall on ps4 has like 40K players online

someone should make a thread about it, I want everyone to know tf2 is Back
I played a bunch of TF2 last night and had a fucking blast, it's crazy how well that game has held up.

That said, getting stomped by a bunch of Gen 100 Pilots was crazy frustrating and there was rampant BM all night as well...the elitist attitude of Titanfall die hards is perplexing.

Cammington

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way these packs can have the percentages they claim to have. Just opened all 14 and received one Epic (which was a banner pose) and mountains of trash

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I got a legendary Caustic skin and a legendary Caustic banner frame from my first two packs, followed by a bunch of middling stuff. Getting the legendaries out of the way prepared me for disappointment, but I also got a decent amount of crafting metals, so I was pretty alright with what I got.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
GodDAMN my 14 packs were awful. Got one legendary that was a reskin of a mozambique legendary I already had, epic octane and l-star skin, aaaaand a ton of kill quips.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Just started downloading, shows up as 9.9GB (PS4, Europe)

Heel Anything different about the quick equip menu bug?

Looks like they fixed it and it now respects your swapped item while mid-heal, no matter what your shield/health state is.

There's still a few weird things when you run out of a shield/health healing item and you don't swap, as far as which item it picks for you, but this was a big fix.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
FYI, the penalty for leaving a match early is now 20 minutes. My buddy left our ranked match last night so the squad all had the message with a countdown timer when we got back to lobby (he was waiting there). Not sure if it's as severe of a time penalty for regular mode or if you can switch to 1v1 without waiting.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like they fixed it and it now respects your swapped item while mid-heal, no matter what your shield/health state is.

There's still a few weird things when you run out of a shield/health healing item and you don't swap, as far as which item it picks for you, but this was a big fix.

Nice, no more qte'ing a swap right when the heal finishes.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017

domwestcry.gif

Beautiful.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I like how despite never having reached diamond the matchmaking feels its acceptable to always put me in lobbies with at least 20 diamond or apex dive trails.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
I take it everyone is getting the bug where the trajectory line for the grenade arc doesn't show up 100% of the time? Felt like playing hardcore mode last night, haha.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I take it everyone is getting the bug where the trajectory line for the grenade arc doesn't show up 100% of the time? Felt like playing hardcore mode last night, haha.

Yep, had that one several times today, made me miss a good chunk of my nades. Hopefully they'll fix that one quick!
It always is a bit disconcerting that everytime this game receives an update, it triggers a new wave of bugs along with it.

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I swear this game has a mechanic where my enemy's hit detection just gets disabled when they're 1 shot from death. People eat bullets and I'm barely aiming at them but then I can't land a killing shot with a full auto gah. So chokey.

Also I wish they'd get on top of the footstep noises, I hear teammates super clear but sometimes enemies even closer are dead silent.

Last edited:

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Managed to pull two legendaries, a crypto skin and wraith's portal finisher, the rest was pure garbage, the Caustic mug as an epic is uncalled for. Glad to be getting packs every two levels from now on. Only a couple more years and I'll be at 500 and due a Heirloom set.

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
nothing quite like having an amazing match with two great teammates and winning as kill leader
then the next match getting a Crypto who flies off on his own, gets killed instantly, and disconnects lol

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I played 6 hours today just to gain 300 RP. Fuck Diamond. Sure you get melted occasionally by a top 200 player but 90% of the losses are just because of unlucky positioning.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I played 6 hours today just to gain 300 RP. Fuck Diamond. Sure you get melted occasionally by a top 200 player but 90% of the losses are just because of unlucky positioning.
You've described the biggest inherant flaw of Battle Royales in general.

Luck matters almost as much as skill does.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm at an all time low with this game.

The completely sudden addition of SBMM has fucked the game entirely. Literally cannot play this game without having to sweat at every turn.

Also the algorithm seems to be tuned weird because the champ squad is almost ALWAYS a full predator stack each with 20 bomb badges and over 10k kills while my teammates are literal donuts. Every single fucking game.

Almost at wits end and will likely uninstall the game when I finish the battle pass. I just don't find it to be something fun to play when I get home from work. It's an exhausting game.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I'm glad I blow because my games have been great.

Got a Legendary Longbow and a Legendary banner frame from my 14, not terrible.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017

The completely sudden addition of SBMM has fucked the game entirely. Literally cannot play this game without having to sweat at every turn.

Also the algorithm seems to be tuned weird because the champ squad is almost ALWAYS a full predator stack each with 20 bomb badges and over 10k kills while my teammates are literal donuts. Every single fucking game.

Almost at wits end and will likely uninstall the game when I finish the battle pass. I just don't find it to be something fun to play when I get home from work. It's an exhausting game.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Think I'm taking a long break after I finish the BP this week. Haven't really been enjoying the game for a couple weeks now due to how sweaty casual games are. I was playing with some random dudes today and one quit the game and said "fuck this - I'm going back over to R6 Siege" which is arguably a more sweaty game than Apex. He had 24000 kills with Wraith too.

There was a time where I could pop open a beer and sit down, relax and enjoy this game. Those days are over. Respawn lost the plot with this one and the SBMM.

Gonna give Modern Warfare a try since their 200 player BR mode is dropping soon.

edit: Grammar, etc...

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
How much does the Season Pass cost? 950 or 900? I have 900 now and want to stop playing but it is stupid to not play just a bit more and get another Season Pass for free. Im a tired of doing these meaningless challenges specially because whenever there is a shitty one that takes too much time to do (for me), and I pay some coins to get a new one it just gives me the same shitty objective, but with another legend 95% of the time.

Neodyn

Mar 23, 2019
Is the SBMM why I'm suddenly constantly getting level 1 teammates that can't even figure out how to equip armor? The last week or so has been awful. Thankfully I'll be done with the BP today as soon as the daily refresh hits.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Smurf it. My brother is Diamond and he's the one I play with everyday. We were constantly being put in lobbies with crazy Diamond and Apex Predators. It was horrendous. I can't even remember the last time we won a match together...until last night...

He created a new account, and now we get placed in much more forgiving lobbies. Don't get me wrong, we still lost a good amount, but we managed to pull off 4 wins, while before that it was probably like a week without a single win. We still got into challenging fights. We still came across 20 bomb people, but overall the game experience was sooooooo much better. It was the first time I was actually having pure fun with the game in a good while. I'm Platinum 3 in ranked. He's gonna help me get to Diamond, at which point I imagine the lobbies will get super sweaty again.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Just want to get a few more levels to 110 on the BP and I'm done until the next events. Another 30 games, no wins, not even a top 5. I'm totally getting screwed over on this. My k/d has gone from 2.3 to 2.0 in a month and haven't sniffed a win since then. Either I had a stroke and don't know it, or solo-queuing into pubs is absolutely borked right now. I'm trying to think back to when this all started and it may well have been when I got diamond. It's just that is was right around the same time duos ended, so it may just be a coincidence as that's when I got diamond.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest I don't think I'd feel the same way if the teammates I got matched with were good. It's just that every fight literally feels like a 3v1 because my team seem to have their aim inverted when they're not used to it, or they just think they have the biggest dick and run straight into fights against full stacks and get downed instantly.

When I get solid teammates the matches flow well and they're super fun -- even the sweaty fights. But when you have to take 3v1's constantly the game is just EXHAUSTING. A 3v1 clutch against the last squad is awesome -- but back to back 3v1 with 15 squads left is just tiring.

I wouldn't mind if they kept SBMM but re-introduced solos. I'm typically playing on my own anyway and I don't mind sweating it out -- it's just that in pubs I always feel at a disadvantage.

CruJones33Rad

Apr 22, 2019
Solo vs premade needs to be removed entirely from pubs. Everyone should have the same chance of playing with 2 other shitty players as everyone else, it's just unfair otherwise. You can let pre-mades play with other pre-mades in pubs if you want, but they need to be separated from solo teams.

Last edited:

OmarTheHippo

Oct 27, 2017
So what is a reasonable win% and KD that people expect from the game? What are the required stats for the game to be considered "good" and "fun"?

I'm just confused where people think the SBMM is broken. Some people say their teammates are trash, meaning SBMM isn't giving them skill based teammates. But others are saying the competition is too fierce, so everyone except teammates are being overpowered? So shouldn't we have also an influx of people bragging about how underpowered their opponents seem to be when they're on the other side of that imbalance?

Unless SBMM is adding overpowered AI characters, the kills and wins have to be going somewhere, and whoever those people are must be enjoying the game more

I just struggle to understand how people want to maintain above average win and kill rates, when the ONLY way to have above average stats is for the people you win againt to be having (from their perspective) "bad" games against "super sweaty" players

Status
Not open for further replies.