• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Flatline is my favorite gun besides the Triple Take. I didn't even realize it was in the BP….Will definitely try to finish it now!
It's not the battle pass, it's part of the anniversary challenges.

Gift 6 unique items, reach 60 on the BP, and finish the challenges for all 6 free heroes. Finish it and you get a reactive recolour.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's not the battle pass, it's part of the anniversary challenges.

Gift 6 unique items, reach 60 on the BP, and finish the challenges for all 6 free heroes. Finish it and you get a reactive recolour.

Ahhhh….Is there even enough time for me to do all this if I start now? Seems like a lot.

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Flatline is my favorite gun besides the Triple Take. I didn't even realize it was in the BP….Will definitely try to finish it now!

It's not in the Battle Pass.

There's a submenu for a special Flatline skin (the best Flatline skin in the game now recoloured). But to unlock it you need to do a whole load of challenges. And one of the challenges is to do '6 challenges' with select Legends every week. Seer, Maggie, Loba etc. BUT those challnges are really long, for example one of Lobas is 'survive 25 rings'. Which can easily take you a whole evening or two. It's literally designed meticulously so casuals are mainly only playing Apex in your gaming free time. The skin is good and I've nearly finished Lobas, then I have one more Legend which will release in 2 weeks time. But I don't think i'll be doing anymore in the future.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh….Is there even enough time for me to do all this if I start now? Seems like a lot.
The only thing I'm not sure on is the gifting 6 items part. There's two free items in the shop for people to gift, for the challenges, but they rotate every two weeks and I'm not sure if there's enough time left in the season. Since it'll take 6 weeks.

The skin is really good though, it's worth doing imo.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's not in the Battle Pass.

There's a submenu for a special Flatline skin (the best Flatline skin in the game now recoloured). But to unlock it you need to do a whole load of challenges. And one of the challenges is to do '6 challenges' with select Legends every week. Seer, Maggie, Loba etc. BUT those challnges are really long, for example one of Lobas is 'survive 25 rings'. Which can easily take you a whole evening or two. It's literally designed meticulously so casuals are mainly only playing Apex in your gaming free time. The skin is good and I've nearly finished Lobas, then I have one more Legend which will release in 2 weeks time. But I don't think i'll be doing anymore in the future.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the gifting 6 items part. There's two free items in the shop for people to gift, for the challenges, but they rotate every two weeks and I'm not sure if there's enough time left in the season. Since it'll take 6 weeks.

The skin is really good though, it's worth doing imo.

Okay got it. So stupid question - Can I buy the damn skin then? 🙂

bry

Oct 27, 2017
it's actually not in the battle pass, it's a set of challenges u have to complete throughout the season

edit: oh u we're told already sry lmfsoo

u deff have time to do it the only issue u might have is gifting 6 items since they were giving us free items to gift all season

there's 2 loba ones and there will be 2 valkyrie ones
so you need to gift 2 more items outside of that

but other than that like the only challenges that are actually annoying are the ring challenges one but you can solo Q duos and rat in a corner to get them done quick or just play ranked since you're likely to be alive late game.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
it's actually not in the battle pass, it's a set of challenges u have to complete throughout the season

edit: oh u we're told already sry lmfsoo

u deff have time to do it the only issue u might have is gifting 6 items since they were giving us free items to gift all season

there's 2 loba ones and there will be 2 valkyrie ones
so you need to gift 2 more items outside of that

but other than that like the only challenges that are actually annoying are the ring challenges one but you can solo Q duos and rat in a corner to get them done quick or just play ranked since you're likely to be alive late game.

I'm afraid not, you'll have to grind the challenges if you want it.

Thanks everyone. I doubt I'll have time but we will see. Kind of pissed I just saw this skin!

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
apparently i can't gift any of my current friend. can someone friend me please on PSN at hoydoar and EA so i can get you some free gifts so i can get this stupid free flatline skin????

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
round after round after round of shit games tonight. Everyone is so angry and racist, too. Especially the octane twat who solo padded into 3 squads, died, then screamed that i was as useless as a hard R.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I'm about 1/3 of the way through the legend challenges. Maybe a little more. Grinded like hell tonight and actually am having a lot of fun trying Maggie and Rampart who I never play. The game really is genius in how it feels like a new experience playing with new legends. Everything down to the footstep noises is unique.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Can you create an alternate account and gift it to yourself? Serious question.
Yes, but there's some restrictions:

"To send your friend a gift, you need to:
  • have EA Login Verification turned on,
  • be Level 10 or higher in Apex Legends,
  • have enough Apex Coins on your account for the gift,
  • add the person as a friend in-game,
  • be friends in-game for at least two weeks - platform friendships don't count,
  • have sent no more than five gifts in the past 24 hours,
  • have an account in good standing."

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
apparently i can't gift any of my current friend. can someone friend me please on PSN at hoydoar and EA so i can get you some free gifts so i can get this stupid free flatline skin????
Go to EA helps website, turns out I was 'banned'. I've been banned maybe 3 times now, never any explanation and I was always able to keep playing. Everytime I appealed they quickly got rid of the ban status and no one over there has ever been able to explain why. I fixed that and I could gift

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Three strikes but you can only play with randoms is a massive monkey paw for me lmao
Sounds great to me. I don't enjoy getting stomped by triple stack preds. Though I can see this turning into a lot of players splitting off by themselves trying to take the entire lobby themselves because they're masters and think they're better than their teammates.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Sounds great to me. I don't enjoy getting stomped by triple stack preds. Though I can see this turning into a lot of players splitting off by themselves trying to take the entire lobby themselves because they're masters and think they're better than their teammates.
Yeah I get that, and I'd probably be happy if I played solo anymore, but the rare times I even play Apex anymore it's with friends, so this is disappointing. Hopefully there will be standard three strikes running concurrently with this event.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
FYI - I was able to successfully gift myself two battle passes to my ALT Apex accounts. Worked just fine. Now just need to gift the last 2 freebies and complete the challenges for the reactive Flatline.

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
3 Strikes is split.

Theres the really bad 'solo' 3 strikes designed to protect casuals and the normal 3 Strikes playlist for sweatlords.

I think the solo 3 Strikes playlist which has the percentage reward thing is a test for both the romoured solos mode coming soon, and a new Ranked system.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
3 Strikes is split.

Theres the really bad 'solo' 3 strikes designed to protect casuals and the normal 3 Strikes playlist for sweatlords.

I think the solo 3 Strikes playlist which has the percentage reward thing is a test for both the romoured solos mode coming soon, and a new Ranked system.

I thought the solo Three Strikes thing was only solo players can play together in a squad of three, no?

If they do a true solo mode with Three Strikes as the rule set - I could see it blowing up but I enjoy the big battles that happen in regular Three Strikes.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Gone back to this with friends, fun to be back for a bit. But, ye gods, it's so busy. Alongside my beloved arena shooter style stuff, Halo etc it feels so so cluttered.

Still very enjoyable, of course.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Gone back to this with friends, fun to be back for a bit. But, ye gods, it's so busy. Alongside my beloved arena shooter style stuff, Halo etc it feels so so cluttered.

Still very enjoyable, of course.

Welcome back.

Yeah I was thinking about new players coming in the game right now and it's gotta be super overwhelming. The sheer number of legends now and then trying to understand what all of them do — like imagine not knowing any of the abilities or ultimates and how they can be used against you. You see an Ash - not knowing it's an Ash - and all of sudden her whole team beams itself directly to you in 1 second flat. Then take all 5 maps and how compllicated they are to master….Plus the crafting, deploying evac balloons, etc….It's a lot.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Welcome back.

Yeah I was thinking about new players coming in the game right now and it's gotta be super overwhelming. The sheer number of legends now and then trying to understand what all of them do — like imagine not knowing any of the abilities or ultimates and how they can be used against you. You see an Ash - not knowing it's an Ash - and all of sudden her whole team beams itself directly to you in 1 second flat. Then take all 5 maps and how compllicated they are to master….Plus the crafting, deploying evac balloons, etc….It's a lot.

Fortunately I played a load back in the day, so much of it familiar. But the visual scene at any given time can be very, very busy (though it's impressive how it's still so playable despite this!), hero skins make it hard to identify who is who to someone who's missed a few seasons, and then the front-end is nuts. Not as bad as modern PUBG (what a Frankenstein's monster that is) but less... clean than I'd expect of Respawn, who are so good at making things feel good.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Fortunately I played a load back in the day, so much of it familiar. But the visual scene at any given time can be very, very busy (though it's impressive how it's still so playable despite this!), hero skins make it hard to identify who is who to someone who's missed a few seasons, and then the front-end is nuts. Not as bad as modern PUBG (what a Frankenstein's monster that is) but less... clean than I'd expect of Respawn, who are so good at making things feel good.

Titanfall had the same issue. Just too much crap on the screen — You can minimize some of the visual clutter by removing or making the kill feed smaller. That one always felt too prominent on the screen to me - but it is useful info to know the teams getting eliminated in the last rings.

Also - make sure you try the 120hz setting if you have a monitor that supports it. Makes the game run smooth as butter and the controls are faster / more responsive.

Jul 27, 2021
United Kingdom
I thought the solo Three Strikes thing was only solo players can play together in a squad of three, no?

If they do a true solo mode with Three Strikes as the rule set - I could see it blowing up but I enjoy the big battles that happen in regular Three Strikes.

One of the guys who leak stuff has basically said there's two versions of 3 strikes, the solo only mode and the normal one where you can 3 stack.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like respawn fucked up again and people are losing BPs etc again.

Really good idea laying off all that QA, right?

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
This is weird…..My alt account in Apex is showing up as an EA friend when I search in the EA "Friend Finder" but when I actually try to gift a BP to that account, the name is nowhere on the list. Is that because I haven't been friends with the account for longer than 2 weeks or something?

The stipulations with gifting are really stupid in this thing!

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
This is weird…..My alt account in Apex is showing up as an EA friend when I search in the EA "Friend Finder" but when I actually try to gift a BP to that account, the name is nowhere on the list. Is that because I haven't been friends with the account for longer than 2 weeks or something?

The stipulations with gifting are really stupid in this thing!

I think it's a bug. Half of my friends list doesn't show up on the gift list, even though I have played with them for years.

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
I dont know if its confirmation bias or whatever but I swear to god, not all same color attachments have the same spawn rate.

Like I will find a billion Hammerpoints and almost no Turbochargers or Disruptors. And its not even like no one is picking up one and the others are in high demand. I will land on a unlooted POI and that theory will still hold.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
mixtape is team fortress 2 levels of bad with how many weird bots will join a match.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty much caught up on all the legend challenges - will wrap that all up today. I actually really enjoyed playing different legends and I need to start spicing it up more in this game. Maggie is a ton of fun to play - and Rampart is super useful in open maps where you need some cover. Ended up finding two unbelievable teammates to run ranked with and won 3 matches in a row yesterday. Game is just cookin' for me right now.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting the classic solo-rush octane/path players who have a mic, but only use it after going down miles away to scream at us.

Where are we, you ask? The PoI over mate, you've got a map 💀

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Got a triple kill with Rampart's Shiela yesterday. I've never done that before. She's quickly becoming one of my favorite legends now. I love locking up an area and scaring off teams when they hear the Shiela rev up. She's great for reviving teammates too - plant a wall and go for the revive.

And her voicelines are hilarious - although not as funny as Vantage, who is pretty much useless as a legend lol.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
bruh so many single-shot flatty users tonight. Shit feels like rapid-fire with no recoil. Just rinsed ASAP as soon as they see anything of us ;_;

LordFlash

Mar 24, 2023
Man I dont wanna be the guy that cries cheater every time they get rinsed but I swear to god, I get absolutely wrecked by 70% of the players anytime I am playing on Asia servers. Like the tiniest over peek gets punished like I am in ALGS Pro league.

On Frankfurt its not even close to being that bad.

Either everyone got better suddenly or its just cheater infested.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Guarantee after everyone gets the reactive skin, the Flatline will get nerfed next season because that's how Respawn rolls. 🤣

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Guarantee after everyone gets the reactive skin, the Flatline will get nerfed next season because that's how Respawn rolls. 🤣
I don't know man. They've nerfed R99 into the ground and they've still given it a reactive this season, despite it already having a better reactive from like 14 seasons ago.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Fr the mode mitigates all the usual nonsense that puts me off standard apex.

Half the games I play see the other 2 players on the team getting to actually learn the game without being sent to lobby as soon as they get seen. Getting 2 low-level players to top-3 last circle by picking up positioning, being prudent and picking fights when advantageous is the vibes ive missed from early apex.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Fr the mode mitigates all the usual nonsense that puts me off standard apex.

Half the games I play see the other 2 players on the team getting to actually learn the game without being sent to lobby as soon as they get seen. Getting 2 low-level players to top-3 last circle by picking up positioning, being prudent and picking fights when advantageous is the vibes ive missed from early apex.

It's videogame crack cocaine for me. I just played for 6 hours and had to force myself to eat dinner because I was so into it. Also cleared the Valk challenges in 3 hours with Three Strikes.