• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Does it now have a soundtrack? IIRC early apogee games were pretty silent apart from beeps and boops.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. Just hope my 3080 will be enough to handle that snazzy new VGA rendering technology.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just checking, Javier Chavez (the Keen Dreams/Hovertank creepo) isn't involved with this, right?

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I loved this game as a kid but going by those screens, I don't really see the point. There not much difference at all.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EhQ5BBrXYAM6kHE

From Crack to Weed.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
Not the kind of HD revamp I was expecting coming into this thread lol
A surpise to be sure, but a welcome one. It's easier on the eyes, without completely changing the look for no good reason

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Yeah I don't really see the HD part here either.
I played this game to death in the early 90s but I suspect you could just load up the old one in dosbox today and it would be fine.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
haha this is totally an ega to vga enhancement. Wonder if an unreleased 16 color vga version existed back then.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I think pretty much all of my 90s computer gaming was done in the form of Apogee shareware compilation CDs I could buy from OfficeMax for a dollar.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Are we sure this is for real? The previous tweets come off as a fan account and the website on the Twitter profile goes to one of those "domain for sale" pages.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Played it for a bit. Can't set the resolution (but it seems 4:3). I don't even know what resolution its running at.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's basically NES to SNES. Which is great. I like the more colorful graphics. They just shouldn't have called it HD, but whatever. I remember playing the Shareware version as a kid.

Next do Secret Agent.

That said, here's LGR checking it out...

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Apogee teasing Monster Bash, Cosmo Cosmic Adventure and Raptor remasters (among other projects), looks like they will be made in similar fashion to Crystal Caves HD!