• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Found some details on /r/NintendoSwitch

Interesting things:
- On January 21, Yasunori Mitsuda said on Twitter that he has been working on a project that will be announced this month (February). On the same day, Monolith Soft announced that on January 31 you may not be able to access their website due to "server maintenance".
- The website is bright now with a completely new design.
- At the bottom now it says © 2022 MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. (before, it was 2017).
- In the "NEWS" section, they deleted all previous news dating from 2017-2022 and now there are only 4 news. One says that on February 28 they will integrate "Monolith Soft Kyoto Studio" with "Monolith Soft" on Twitter and Facebook which makes me think that they will announce their new game or the release date of BotW 2 or both this month (they have been working on their new game for 4 years, since the release of Xenoblade 2)

EDIT: I'd just like to publicly say that I did not put "[Nintendo Direct Incoming?]" in the title, it was most definitely Jawmuncher and because of this, I hope he never gets a Dino Crisis remake. That is all.

EDIT 2: Someone pointed out this thread as well:

www.resetera.com

[VGC] Unannounced Kirby game seemingly teased in Japanese magazine Rumor - Nintendo

More at VGC: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/unannounced-kirby-game-seemingly-teased-in-japanese-magazine/

And no, this doesn't save Jawmuncher, he still doesn't deserve his Dino Crisis remake. He will take Jurassic Park World Evolution 2 and he will like it.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
EDIT: I'd just like to publicly say that I did not put "[Nintendo Direct Incoming?]" in the title, it was most definitely Jawmuncher and because of this, I hope he never gets a Dino Crisis remake. That is all.
100% had to have been.
But yeah, would seem so with everything going around.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I wasn't expecting a DIrect until March, the earliest--it will be a nice surprise if we are getting one soon (if it is indeed incoming).

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
What else has been going around? I haven't really been following Nintendo rumblings lately
Ah, just meant what was in that OP there. I suppose there was the other thing about a possibility of another Kirby game, but I have no idea where that went.
www.resetera.com

[VGC] Unannounced Kirby game seemingly teased in Japanese magazine Rumor - Nintendo

More at VGC: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/unannounced-kirby-game-seemingly-teased-in-japanese-magazine/

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I wasn't expecting a DIrect until March, the earliest--it will be a nice surprise if we are getting one soon (if it is indeed incoming).
I honestly don't think a Direct would be in March since Triangle Strategy and Kirby both launch in March. Those two games are gonna be big releases for Nintendo so why do it then when you can do it mid-February to give us something to be excited about as we await Triangle Strategy & Kirby (hell, it'd also be a good time to give these games another push as well not that they need it imo)

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Public branding changes do not necessarily correlate with new product releases. There are different groups of people who do these things.

Regardless, the tweet saying that they will hopefully release some info this month is compelling enough proof to me that there will be something soon. Honestly the website is totally irrelevant in comparison to that piece of info!

Marbled Jelly

May 24, 2021
I'm not sure if this is evidence but I would bet money that there is a direct this month, and I really hope Monolith has something to show.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

And no, this doesn't save Jawmuncher, he still doesn't deserve his Dino Crisis remake. He will take Jurassic Park World Evolution 2 and he will like it.

Hr0od28.png

Soo.... Nintendo Direct, when?

Baten Kaitos HD Collection, at long last

My inner spirit animal would die for this

KogXAXW.gif

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Man, just give me more Xenoblade ASAP!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Ah, just meant what was in that OP there. I suppose there was the other thing about a possibility of another Kirby game, but I have no idea where that went.
www.resetera.com

ahh yeah I forgot about that Kirby tease. Hope it pans out, feels like it's been awhile since the last Direct

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I really, really hope we're finally going to get at Xenoblade 3 or whatever it is Monolithsoft proper has been toiling away on! But a big main Direct coming this month seems pretty expected. They almost always do a big one in February, June, and September.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't see any relationship between integrating Monolith Soft and Monolith Soft Kyoto's Twitter with announcing a new game.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hyped about new monolith game!

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
They did some clean up on their website. How the heck do we get a direct coming from that? Lol

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, couldn't Mitsuda's new project also be the rumored Chrono Cross remaster? The one we thought would be announced alongside the Another Eden crossover event a month ago?

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I honestly don't think a Direct would be in March since Triangle Strategy and Kirby both launch in March. Those two games are gonna be big releases for Nintendo so why do it then when you can do it mid-February to give us something to be excited about as we await Triangle Strategy & Kirby (hell, it'd also be a good time to give these games another push as well not that they need it imo)

Sounds reasonable--hope to see something soon.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017
is there a job listing for a web designer for Monolith Soft?

That would be the truuuuue sign of a direct.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Their website does look nice and I don't think it takes Nostrodamus to predict that Nintendo will put out a direct this month with information about a title they're working on, whether that's BotW 2, Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3, or something else.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
We still don't know a ton about Triangle Strategy and Kirby. I think Nintendo Dream hinting at a new title and him tweeting about a new project being announced this month strongly suggests at least one new major project will be unveiled this month. On top of that for the past few years, Nintendo has had directs in February. I think a February direct next week could be possible with a Pokemon Direct the following week also being possible. The Pokemon Company always does an annual Pokemon Direct around the Pokemon Anniversary. Nintendo typically does their Direct a week or two prior to their presentation.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'd hope for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, but please ditch the entire Blades system. The gatcha, field skills, and all other systems attached to it need to disappear forever. XC2 was way too systems heavy overall. Simple can still be fun.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
I thought this was Monolith and started screaming "BLOOD 3 COME TO PAPA".

:(

Nevertheless, interested. Let's see what comes up.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
i have information that we will be receiving a nintendo direct within the next year

wouldn't that be funny if i was wrong :V