• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
IMG-0703.jpg
OG Lara has all the emotion in her eyes. I felt so connected and engaged playing. New Lara is just dead inside. Hated it. I was surprised they were ok with the face downgrading.
ngl I like the MS version.

glow39

May 4, 2022
I remember the environmental graphic details added were actually pretty good but the new Lara model was just... not properly implemented. Would love if it would be possible to have the best of both worlds now (DE's graphical updates + Lara's old model modded in)

Jan 1, 2024
Midgar
This thread confused me at first. I took it for granted that the PS4 DE was just a port of the PC version running at higher settings than PS3 could do, didn't know it was a whole new game.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Completely fair not liking the less emotive face, but I'll take it with all the other improvements the DE makes.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread confused me at first. I took it for granted that the PS4 DE was just a port of the PC version running at higher settings than PS3 could do, didn't know it was a whole new game.
"Whole new game" is a great exaggeration. It's a very lightly remastered edition that adds the new Lara model and more particles and physics, not much more.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's over for Consoles, PC wins again.

But really this is a super strange release, i think the OG PC version was fine despite missing some neat 8th gen additions. The tresfx shit was cool in 2013.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the definitive will be on Steam, either as an update of current one or as a separate library.
When I played it first on PS4, I remember Lara's hair has more clear strands or just a bit better looking than on PC, assuming it was using same TressFX. DE's Lara face also looks more "angrier" than the sad, concerned look Lara that's on PC. Not sure much about textures improvement and shadows, but I would love to have improvement of jagged shadows to smooth shadows and high res textures.

I also played the new Lara model as a mod on PC previously, which kinda looks nice, but not optimized with original face.

ao7gcvkz.jpg

d88uydhk.jpg

qa9sho37.jpg

w7o5vshn.jpg

IamAToast

Apr 18, 2018
Germany
Maybe it's dropping on Game Pass? This has happened with some other games where the Steam and Windows Store versions were different because the Windows Store version was in Game Pass.
It says Install with gamepass for me. Also starts the installation on the xbox app.

pbUJUnI.png

But no mention of gamepass, when not logged in on my side. The tag is showing on the other games even when not logged in. I don't own the game on Xbox.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
It says Install with gamepass for me. Also starts the installation on the xbox app.

pbUJUnI.png

But no mention of gamepass, when not logged in on my side. The tag is showing on the other games even when not logged in. I don't own the game on Xbox.
This is how it was for me. Plays normally so it probably is supposed to be on game pass.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
weird, i have gamepass and i have the game from GWG but its still asking me to buy it

beeswax

Oct 30, 2017
Just tried this out and I can't get it to run at 60fps with V-sync enabled.

V-sync off - 60 fps with horrible screen tearing
V-sync on (either option) - drops to 30fps

I tried forcing V-sync in the NVCP but of course it's a stupid Xbox Store game with permissions so mangled you can't even point to the exe from win32 apps. Tried forcing V-sync in Nvidia Inspector but that doesn't actually do anything.

Feb 27, 2019
Weird—only title in the trilogy to not have cross-buy is the middle one. So annoying that the first one isn't a true Play Anywhere title with cross-save, though.