Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is what it's going to be, but only on the Pro models. I personally think it looks awful and would rather keep the notch

iphone-14-front-glass-display-panels.jpeg
I like the look of it, but it taking up more space than the notch is annoying.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely in for new AirPod Pros if they announce them. My AirPods are easily my most used piece of tech I own.

Gabriel

Oct 25, 2017
Think I might replace my XR...when I got that phone I wasn't using it for pictures and the single camera on it....isn't very good. Plus I'm tired of trying to fit things in its 128GB space. Doesn't seem like the XR is worth much as a trade tho so I might keep it just for a wifi thing/backup.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
From a developer POV I'm not sure how this would work. The way the "safe area" is handled doesn't currently allow for non-contiguous areas like a floating box within the screen. Unless they plan to move that top margin down even farther, which wouldn't make sense.

Yeah it is a really bizarre design if that is what the final will look like. I can't see how that is better than the notch unless Apple is going to do something new with the top area.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I got a 13 pro max last year so I'll wait a few years for the next one I get

Looking forward to see what else is in store like AirPods and iOS

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
it's going to be a year to skip especially if usb c becomes the new norm next year. The only thing that has me interested is the rumour of a cosmic purple pro.

Looking forward to iOS 16 and hopefully an airpod pro refresh.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Probably going to wait until next year, my 2020 SE is still going strong with no issues thus far and I am light phone user anyway.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
It definitely feels like an "iPhone 11"-type year, where there might be a lot of appreciable and great upgrades, but it's still the third iteration on the same design/basic feature-set.

Still think the jump from a 12 Pro will be worth it personally, but next year would be a leap. I'm actually strongly considering upgrading both my phone and watch this year and then hand both down after upgrading next year.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Not really excited. I usually upgrade every year. Rugged watch is slightly interesting but the rumored price is an instant no. Would love a redesign of the watch. That flatter design that was making waves last year would've been lovely. Phone just isn't doing it for me yet. If they surprised us with usb-c this year it would be an instant buy.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Probably nothing but anyone think this invite is hinting at the rumored emergency satellite texting and calling? It seems space themed and I know that was rumored to be coming eventually to the iPhone.

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to wait at least another year with my 11Pro, but I am looking to buy my first watch since I've been working out a lot more and want to be able to track stuff without phone on me. Hope they show a redesigned watch.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Always excited to see how iPhone improves year over year.

It's typically just marginal but those marginal updates do improve enough considerably between my own phone upgrades. Always think of these as preview events for my next eventual upgrade!

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Not really excited. I usually upgrade every year. Rugged watch is slightly interesting but the rumored price is an instant no. Would love a redesign of the watch. That flatter design that was making waves last year would've been lovely. Phone just isn't doing it for me yet. If they surprised us with usb-c this year it would be an instant buy.

Yeah if they decided to surprise us with a pro model with usb c this year, I will buy it. Otherwise, I willl end up holding off a year.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Are they gonna announce a new base ipad here? Thinking of getting one but the current one seems a bit old in terms or specs

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They're definitely about to announce AirPod Max 2 headphones because I just bought a pair of AirPod Maxes. You're welcome, everyone.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
Dont care about the 14, just awaiting the price cut for 13 mini, so i can relive that iphone 4 aesthetic

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
my 2016 touch bar MBP will be unsupported in about 2 years I think. I've had everything replaced on it I think, so much that it's almost the ship of Theseus. My iphone is 4 years old. I just keep holding out until I see something I must have, and there hasn't been anything since then.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Sept.: new iPhones, possible redesigned base iPad, Apple Watch, including larger Pro. Possible AirPods Pro 2. Release of iOS16 and Watch OS 9.

October: new iPad Pro models, base iPad update if it isn't at September same with AirPods Pro 2. Perhaps MacBook Pro internal updates with M2. Release of iPad OS; and Ventura.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Yup, supposed to be bigger and is "rugged". I'm more interested in how the battery life will be, since it will have a bigger screen.

Newest rumor lol

www.macrumors.com

Rumor Claims Apple Watch 'Pro' Won't Be Compatible With Older Watch Bands [Updated]

A new rumor suggests that Apple's upcoming Apple Watch "Pro" will not be compatible with existing Apple Watch bands, meaning customers...
Cheers - I must have missed that rumour somehow. I have a Watch 6 and honestly it's totally fine and still doing the job; I can't imagine what bells and whistles I'd need to want to get a Pro/8.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I thought I was out of the time window for that but I suppose I should look into it again...
I believe they will replace them to this day if they were manufactured between a certain period but it's fairly likely they will handle them. Customer service is pretty good in store

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of an upgrade the base iPad will get. I don't think it'll be enough for me to replace the last model I got, though.

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is there any purpose to that? Versus an A13 Bionic upgrade? But even then what would that offer over the existing 4K TV? I guess some boost in gaming?

I'm interesting in getting one to replace my fire stick but yeah the bonus would be Apple Arcade for the kids to play on the TV. I have a 2018 iPad pro and when I connect it to the TV for my son to play some games I always see slow down/frame rate dips. So thought it would be best to see if a M1 equipped Apple TV drops.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of an upgrade the base iPad will get. I don't think it'll be enough for me to replace the last model I got, though.

As it is the 10th iPad generation Apple will be doing a big redesign, like they did for the iPhone X. Rumors have abounded that it will get the flat sides body to bring it in line with the current design language, USB-C, adopt the second gen pencil design, but still retain the chunky bezels and home button to let people know you have the normal iPad. Out of all the rumors the least believable one I'm seeing is that it will get the laminated screen, which always felt like a thing they reserve for the nicer iPad lines, the Air and the Pro.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping for a "one more thing" about the rumored AR/VR headset, as an AR software developer I've been waiting for that for years! I already have an app ready for it running on iOS!

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
11 Pro Max here. I really would like to upgrade this year but good lord Apple, how hard is to slap a USB-C port on there for this year?

Really don't feel like waiting out another year just for that feature alone.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious about the apple pro watch. I've been a huge fan of the Hermes edition for my last 2 watches but rugged and Hermes doesn't go well together.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking out for an AirPods Pro refresh - in the market for a new pair but waiting to see if there's a new model first.

Will update my iPhone next year when USB-C hits, but a possible new watch has me intrigued