Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
www.theverge.com

Apple starts selling Mac Pro wheels for $699 and feet for $299

More expensive add-ons for the Mac Pro.

If you configured your Mac Pro with the standard feet and want to give it some mobility, the $699 Mac Pro Wheels Kit gives you four stainless steel wheels you can install. But you should be aware that the Mac Pro's wheels are cheaper when you buy them as part of a Mac Pro configuration — they cost $400 when you buy them that way.

The $299 Mac Pro Feet Kit gives you four stainless steel feet you can install on your Mac Pro. If you configured a Mac Pro with wheels when you bought it, you can install the feet to make sure your Mac Pro won't roll around.
www.apple.com

Apple Mac Pro Wheels Kit

Put your Mac Pro on wheels with the Mac Pro Wheels Kit. The custom-designed stainless steel and rubber wheels make it easy to move your Mac Pro around, whether sliding it out from under your desk or across your studio.
www.apple.com

Apple Mac Pro Feet Kit

Use the Mac Pro Feet Kit to install stainless steel feet to the bottom of your Mac Pro. The standard Mac Pro comes with four feet already installed, but if you purchased a Mac Pro with wheels, you can replace each of them with feet for improved stability.

bxgkiqg.jpg

Tim Cook is just taking the piss.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
God this will be amazing. Hopefully it wont get delivered by some mailman in his Toyota Camry again who refused to drive up my private dirt road entrance. Would hate to get my Tesla dirty, just to pick up these wheels

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's worth the price. Those feet and wheels are revolutionary. Apple created the wheel and feet first.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Haha, holy fucking shit I thought it was a late April fool's thing.

They're $869CDN for the wheels and $369 for the 'feet.'

What the fuck.

Deleted member 25834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
LMFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Apple - Tone Deaf™

How will the fanboys justify this one?

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finally give Apple praise for the first time in like 10 years in the SE2 thread, and then they do stupid shit like this.

Maxpower45

Jul 6, 2019
in case y'all want wheels on your computer. Cause you know every person wanted wheels on their computer

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was an onion article.

So the wheels were already a thing this is just for folks who want to change their current one? Huh

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is where Apple has the edge over other companies, I've been looking for wheels for my desktop for a while and apart from some cheap plastic shit from ebay I've been out of luck. Seriously makes me think about selling my PC making the jump finally.

Do you think there will be a bundle deal with the Mac Pro itself? $699 is a bit steep, I'd pay maybe $599 max. Waiting for the iPad Pro wheels next.

chapel

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The price disparity between the bundled wheels vs standalone is explained by the cost of the standard feet. If you could choose no feet you'd see the price dip by the $299 they charge for the normal feet and the difference between the normal feet and the wheels is $400 which is what you'd pay if you switched to the wheels while configuring your mac pro.

Those prices are insane!

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
You think it's funny, wait until they make it illegal to fix them when they break.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The market for these are so small already that I perfectly understand the absurd price they're charging. The types of professionals who would own a Mac Pro and DON'T rack it up is already an extreme minority of a minority. Those types of businesses view $700 like I view $7.