abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It really is atrocious how bad the games Sony gives are. Maybe twice a year is there a title where I'm like "YEAH! That was a really nice addition." I'll never touch either of these and that is the unfortunate reality at least 75% of the time with these giveaways.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It was disappointing seeing just the two things when I went to 'redeem' them yesterday on the store. Already had The Surge, and have no interest in Conan. Grabbed the latter anyway just to have, but doubt I'll ever play it. Thought the quality would go up after they dropped the old stuff, but maybe it's a way to coax folks into signing up for PS Now (which I guess worked, since I did).

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Counter opinion - I found Conan Exiles to be pretty fun albeit janky like most survival games. I wouldn't play it solo, these games are designed to be played with others and work together on things. I got a good multiple 10s of hours out of it and we enjoyed our time.
I actually love playing 7 Days to Die solo. Or on multiplayer servers, but mostly going the lone wolf route with my own base and my only interaction being trade and the occasional blood moon. I kind of enjoy being the "Old crazy hermit living in the mountains" in those games, being fairly active in the chat but otherwise keeping to myself.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Any one that want to do the tower of the elephant trophy with me I need a friend to do the trophy. We can do it mutual

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of people I play with regularly are trying to convince me to try out Conan. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like the game but can anyone confirm whether it's possible to create a female character and use armour that actually covers most of the body and that won't require hours of gameplay to craft? Generally prefer to play women characters but not if I'm going to end up running around all but naked for hours.

At least there are good beard options for maile characters.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
A couple of people I play with regularly are trying to convince me to try out Conan. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like the game but can anyone confirm whether it's possible to create a female character and use armour that actually covers most of the body and that won't require hours of gameplay to craft? Generally prefer to play women characters but not if I'm going to end up running around all but naked for hours.

You can create some crappy armor/clothes quite early. They look bad but I think they cover the body at least.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

you can make clothing out of leaves and there are bushes everywhere. but if you die, you respawn as your naked self again.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
you can make clothing out of leaves and there are bushes everywhere. but if you die, you respawn as your naked self again.
Good point, I'll go male then.

Is Conan good in two player coop or is it really designed to be played in a pvp environment ?
The two people I mentioned are playing it co-op and seem to be having fun. I'm not a massive PvP fan anyway but it seems to me that something as unforgiving as this seems to be will be exponentially worse with the added hassle of constantly being badgered by other people.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Started conan earlier. Enabled admin panel. Already have half the trophies. Wish most games had this lol.

The fly cheat wasn't working for me though mmmm.

Definitely an easy platinum if you don't do it legit

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Well, there goes my interest in that game.

Begs the question - what else have they used the 76GB of data modelling?
Started conan earlier. Enabled admin panel. Already have half the trophies. Wish most games had this lol.

The fly cheat wasn't working for me though mmmm.

Definitely an easy platinum if you don't do it legit

Same...got them all apart from that elephant trophy. Any one up for a little help? UK based here...[psn ID score01]

Last edited:

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
Was always interested in the surge and was about to buy it on PC. Gave it a go and its actually quite decent.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Bringing this two games one month after they've reduced the number of games from 6 to 2- and a few months after a price increase, and right before announcing that servers for a big first party game aren't even gonna make it through an entire generation - means they have no shame. Hopefully this won't end up well for them, just like it didn't in 2006.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Learning you have the admin panel, and even server settings at your disposal, destroyed Conan exiles for me back on the Xbox. I even used my once per account refund on it I felt such buyers remorse. There is so much struggle and tedium unless you go at it with a group of people.....meanwhile your 5 clicks away from making it so that you don't need to chop down a fucking valley to build a house. But if you do that...well you might as well give yourself an extra talent point so you can unlock more recipes, that's not so bad right?

Then when you are trying to find a rare material to make a sword you start asking yourself why would I waste this hour when I can spawn literally anything in the game with a few clicks. I did it. I put myself in some endgane gear......At that point, I lost any motivation to do absolutely anything else.

It's a huge shame because I really liked the scale of the world.

Side note: the surge clicked with me when I got a skill that let's you spend excess energy to heal. Its a godsend

But easy mode has never ruined a game.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I love all the Souls games but The Surge really isn't grabbing me after a couple of hours. It feels clunky and awkward, environments are small and drab, story is uninteresting.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Conan is needlessly tedious. A few UI changes and it would be so much better to play. Would also help if it explained anything at all.

Also releasing the game on PS+ and not upping server count is lame, I ended up playing offline because servers all full and there isn't even a queue system, you just gotta keep spamming join hoping someone left the server.

Also I don't think Conan is a good IP for a survival game. It's an over the top power fantasy IP, but the game is 'You start naked with nothing, go gather in bushes for a few minutes and make some rags, now go gather crap for 10 minutes to make a tool, use that tool for an 2 hours for the shittiest of houses' etc etc, 10 hours later you only just stop looking like a hobo with basic weapon. You do still look and perform pathetically though.

I think I'm just gonna give the online a pass, even if I do get onto a server it takes too long and it 100% sure to be full next time I want to play. Oh console private servers are rental only, to one company only and you cannot use your own PC? Screw you Devs.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed on pretty much all points. I'm kind of enjoying myself because I'm with a couple of others and it's fun building and exploring together but the game is let down by a clumsy UI and pretty uninspired/weightless combat in particular - and the fact that we've invested a good chunk of time to put a base or two together and then the next time we get on we might not be able to actually get onto that server is absurd.

I can see it amusing me for a couple of weeks tops and that'll be it.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why mod support is not for consoles. The game already has adult content so there is no fear for modders to alter anything and add adult content since the content is already there. Many mods improve things and they will be very welcome on consoles tbh.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Can someone sell me on Conan because the world and monsters seem cool but ive not seen almost anything on the game and at this point ill just try the game to see what it is even. Seems like a survival/rpg game?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Conan is essentially Minecraft without the blocky world. I mean I'm not sure what people were expecting. You make your own fun in these types of games.

You roleplay, you form guilds, you set server rules, you raid etc... This is a very PC centric game I suppose. It is janky. But so are most games in this genre.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Surge is great. This backlash against it is nuts.

I don't wanna look it up because spoilers and stuff, but this game does have bosses right? I got up to this guy in a side room with a blade on each arm but he wasn't a boss, more like a Black Knight in Dark Souls.

How big is the game, too? The one time I saw the map it didn't give any real sense of scale so I can't tell.

Nov 8, 2017
So I've been playing Conan last couple nights co-op with a friend; we've played about 8 hours so far and we're having a blast. Had no idea what kind of game this was going in; we just wanted a game with full co-op mode and this one happened to have it (co-op is really what makes it; I don't think I'd enjoy this as a single player game).

It's definitely janky (combat, weird glitches, etc.), but it's still super satisfying to build houses and craft new things. I didn't know about the admin panel until reading this thread just now; but I don't think we'll be changing anything; I'd really like to keep playing the game legit.

Probably worth mentioning that Conan is the first game of its genre that I've played seriously (I've played Minecraft a few times with my nephew, but he's always way ahead of me, so I end up mostly just checking out stuff he's built). If Conan is really regarded as being a bad game, I'd love to check out some good examples of the genre in the future.

SuperMetalo

Oct 27, 2017
France
Before anyone asks the question: the Playstation Plus games for May will be announced on Wednesday, May 1st and not tomorrow because we'll still be in April next Tuesday.

WillySJ3

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah we know, also a new wave of "Just 2 games? I'll cancel my Plus subscription" comments is coming.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will freely admit that The Surge is not for everyone, but if you are a fan of Souls and/or just love the setting/aesthetic it's actually rather good. I kind of loved it.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I expect that tomorrow, they will announce that AC Unity will be free to follow their decision for uplay too like For Honor before.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I expect that tomorrow, they will announce that AC Unity will be free to follow their decision for uplay too like For Honor before.
Ohh, wonder if it'll be on Games with Gold then? Would be neat to use the XBX power on it even if it's not specifically updated for it (and if anything got patched in such a manner as to NOT use it fully.)