Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Samao Joe got strong pushes and got injured during his pushes. Its hard to have momentum when you get injured during your pushes.

Samoa Joe vs Wade Barrett vs Ken Kennedy

ef6515_2981e0bd3e424cdcbdc66fda3fcd52f8~mv2.gif

All go in to said match with momentum, all leave injured

Remember when NXT gave Somoa Joe one of the worst wrestling themes ever created.

This was so funny in the moment, everyone was rolling, especially because it was hard to hear fully in the arena so it just sounded like Tony Hawk's 3 menu theme or something

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
W2en9ra.jpg

Still one of my all time faves
I also got my friend to name his Incineroar in pokemon sun/moon Alola Joe, good times

BsdWIH7CAAIEXBL.png:medium

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
Joe was the most believable opponent that they had for Brock

He should have won against Brock for the UC title but considering just almost a month later he got injured during a house show. It seemed like a good idea in a hindsight not to put the big title on Samoa Joe.

If Samoa Joe could have stayed healthy during his pushes he could have hold several world title like AJ did.

Oct 8, 2019
Look at Dynamite ratings, instead of Tony Khan calling lowercard comedy wrestlers, he should instead be calling TNT to give him that slot on Monday Nights. Go for the kill and put Vince in the retirement home like Vince did to Verne.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting that they finished second overall to MTV's The Challenge and that show wraps up next week. So they won't have that opposing them on the 28th.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
I think people are getting ahead of themselves on Samoa Joe. Dude has been incredibly injury prone for the last 2-3 years and I'm not sure I see him wrestling full time again. I'm guessing he will do some matches, but the idea of him wrestling in AEW full time while also taking NJPW dates just doesn't really seem viable to me.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are getting ahead of themselves on Samoa Joe. Dude has been incredibly injury prone for the last 2-3 years and I'm not sure I see him wrestling full time again. I'm guessing he will do some matches, but the idea of him wrestling in AEW full time while also taking NJPW dates just doesn't really seem viable to me.
Joe is just incredibly valuable to have around even if he's injured.

Oct 8, 2019
AEW DID 1.2 MILLION UNOPPOSED

GET FUCKED

RAW YOU'RE NEXT

Anyone with a brain can tell that WWE isnt going to be around for 10 years. Once people figure out that Vince is literally senile, and that Triple H is incompetent than AEW will be getting the big money deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

That''s like the fucking worst idea

Vince is senile, and knocking off 400,000-500,000 viewers from Raw will allow Tony Khan to say that someone is beating for the first time in over 20 years, and will cause other companies to take note and begin giving him bigger cash deals.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017

I dont think if Samoa Joe goes to New Japan his going to morph back into RoH Joe or early impact Joe before he injured himself with that back bump.

Yeah of course he won't magically get 15 years younger, but he sure as shit has a lot more to give (if he wants)

Anyway that tweet is a bit dumb since it kind of conveniently misses the fact that Joe's indie appearances were pretty limited after 2009 or so, and even after wrapping up with TNA and before starting with NXT, he only did a handful of matches.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Joe is just incredibly valuable to have around even if he's injured.

agreed. I would love him in a commentary or potentially management role that occasionally gets involved in feuds. Dudes arguably the best promos in modern wrestling and just incredibly believable. I just don't have an expectation of him wrestling much again and feel those that do may be disappointed.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with a brain can tell that WWE isnt going to be around for 10 years. Once people figure out that Vince is literally senile, and that Triple H is incompetent than AEW will be getting the big money deals worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
We live in a world where Impact wrestling still exists, this is some incredibly hopeful thinking

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Vince is senile, and knocking off 400,000-500,000 viewers from Raw will allow Tony Khan to say that someone is beating for the first time in over 20 years, and will cause other companies to take note and begin giving him bigger cash deals.

I would wager that being able to create a new stable show for a partially different audience and run that successfully unopposed will be a lot more valuable than competing over a vanity position.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017

WWE will absolutely be around for 10 years and this is the smarkiest line of thinking I've seen lol. Also WWE is an awful company, but if they suddenly disappear no one is magically going to fill that spot, it will just mean less opportunities for wrestlers to make money haha.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

Oops I forgot to type in second show. Obviously keep Dynamite on Wensday, but get a second show on Monday so Dynamite becomes the second biggest show in wrestling behind Smackdown.

AEW already has Elevation airing on Mondays. I don't see them going directly against RAW with whatever show they decide to get on TV next.

I also imagine Tony probably doesn't want to eventually be competing against Monday Night Football either, especially since he does own a team in the league.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
As much of a mess New Japan is right now, holy shit Samoa Joe in the G1 would have me running back. Him in AEW would be nice but I want him to have a return tour of the world 1st, assuming he is healthy enough to wrestle still.

EDIT:
Lets stop the whole Monday night idea straight up. There is no reason to do it. Wednesdays are fine.

Yes please. No more raiting wars for both the sake of the industry and my poor head from hearing more pointless arguing

Oct 8, 2019
WWE will absolutely be around for 10 years and this is the smarkiest line of thinking I've seen lol. Also WWE is an awful company, but if they suddenly disappear no one is magically going to fill that spot, it will just mean less opportunities for wrestlers to make money haha.

Obviously I am not rooting for the downfall of WWE, it pisses me off to see WWE in the sad state its in, to see it become a vanity project of a senile old man who constantly puts himself in front of the future of his family.

Vince is killing off something thats been in his family for 70 years because his ego refuses to admit that he just doesnt have the ability to run a wrestling promotion anymore.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
AEW is doing 1 million on it's good days. TNA at its peak was doing over 2 million and still got stomped by WWE. Booking your program based off trying to hurt another company instead of trying to grow your own is the quickest way to failure.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
AEW is doing 1 million on it's good days. TNA at its peak was doing over 2 million and still got stomped by WWE. Booking your program based off trying to hurt another company instead of trying to grow your own is the quickest way to failure.
Any idea of Dynamite moving to Monday is dumb, but that's not exactly a 1 to 1 comparison. When TNA was doing 2 million viewers, what was Raw at compared to today?

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
As much of a mess New Japan is right now, holy shit Samoa Joe in the G1 would have me running back. Him in AEW would be nice but I want him to have a return tour of the world 1st, assuming he is healthy enough to wrestle still.

EDIT:

Yes please. No more raiting wars for both the sake of the industry and my poor head from hearing more pointless arguing
Dude, the guy got injure after injure and the first thing you wanna see is him competing in a long ass tournament lol

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Joe would be a valuable pickup anywhere he goes in-ring or otherwise.
I love the IIconics so I'd love to see them on the TV still but if AEW can only snag one person off that list it HAS to be Joe.

I wouldn't be mad seeing Joe in NJPW either especially in a slugfest with Ishii or Suzuki but I want him in AEW for when JR retires (when ever that is).

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea of Dynamite moving to Monday's is dumb, but that's not exactly a 1 to 1 comparison. When TNA was doing 2 million viewers, what was Raw at compared to today?
Probably like 4-5 million but that also shows how much viewership wrestling in general has lost. Running two flagship programs against each other would simply hurt both shows because there is a good amount of crossover viewership.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Remember when NXT gave Somoa Joe one of the worst wrestling themes ever created.

Is this real? If so, that's hilarious! It sounds like the main menu music for a skateboarding game.

Look at Dynamite ratings, instead of Tony Khan calling lowercard comedy wrestlers, he should instead be calling TNT to give him that slot on Monday Nights. Go for the kill and put Vince in the retirement home like Vince did to Verne.
That's a horrible idea.