• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been suffering from depression for about 4 months now, and very recently it's turned suicidal. My parents want me to stop going to work and start living at a stress center for I don't know how long. Everything about it scares me.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with the term 'stress center' but looking it up it appears you're talking about treatment centers for things like depression, suicidal ideation, etc.

Are you currently receiving any other kind of treatment? What is it about the treatment center(s) that scares you?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard the term stress center. Googled it. That just sounds like a new word for mental rehabilitation/health clinic.

If you're depressions gotten to that point though I'd definitely recommend going to talk to a professional

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with the term 'stress center' but looking it up it appears you're talking about treatment centers for things like depression, suicidal ideation, etc.

Are you currently receiving any other kind of treatment? What is it about the treatment center(s) that scares you?
I've been going to therapy. Stress centers just seem like mental institutions.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard the term stress center. Googled it. That just sounds like a new word for mental rehabilitation/health clinic.

If you're depressions gotten to that point though I'd definitely recommend going to talk to a professional
I do. The stress center is something my parents discussed with them

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I've been going to therapy. Stress centers just seem like mental institutions.
Do you think your therapy is working? Clearly if your thoughts are moving toward something as serious as suicide, there's something that's not being addressed. How long have you been seeing the therapist?

Understood about the 'mental institution' fear; are you thinking it's a place that's not actually helpful?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think your therapy is working? Clearly if your thoughts are moving toward something as serious as suicide, there's something that's not being addressed. How long have you been seeing the therapist?

Understood about the 'mental institution' fear; are you thinking it's a place that's not actually helpful?
I've been seeing my therapist for about three months. My biggest fear regarding the stress center is mostly just that this was a low in my life I wanter to never reach. I don't know how much it will help my self-esteem

Status
Not open for further replies.