• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
So, I've seen this deal before, now it's another 100 off for this pair of speakers. There's virtually no information on this series on the net except someone asking a question about it. Is this a low quality black friday version of a good speaker? Even if so, is it good quality? Has anyone any experience with this speaker or at the least, the brand? The brand appears to be reputable, but again, I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to audio..

www.adorama.com

Klipsch F-300

Synergy Black Label F-300 Floorstanding Speaker with Dual 8" Woofers, Pair

Klipsch Synergy Black Label F-300

I wasn't shopping for these, but stumbled across them, and I always have in the back of my mind, the mission to get some kind of low/mid audio solution. Want to level up from tv speakers but don't want to spend much money. I'm not expecting the best speakers on the market, I just don't want a piece of crap that will fail in a year or has some other issue.

Any ideas on the matter? Thanks

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking god that is a fucking steal.

Mate, these speakers can get so loud and clear it's baffling.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a VERY good brand and at that price is a steal. At the same time, people are always selling high end electronics super cheap in sketchy sites. You are taking a gamble if you have never heard of the site. I would only buy expensive electronics from recognized places.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Reputable site and a very very good price. I guess they are being phased out for a new model?

Have you heard any Klipsch speakers? I looked a little when I was buying my speakers a couple of years ago and their sound signature wasn't for me. But $300, easily worth a shot!

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Lower end Klipsch, but still very good value. Adorama is legit. You don't need to drop a bunch on a receiver because theses speakers are very efficient.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Klipsch are great speakers but they have a unique sound that is not for everyone, some people find them fatiguing on the ears. Just something to be aware of if you've never heard them before.

OP
OP
Polioliolio

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
These speakers are running dual 8 inch woofers each, at a minimum of a 150watts. You need a pretty decent amp to get anything substantial out of these. They're big.

So would that Denon one not be sufficient? How about this Yamaha one? They have those speakers in a couple bundles on adorama, including with this receiver:

Or are there any other recommendations?

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Polioliolio

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
How much is the bundle for with that receiver?

Also look at refurbished ones from https://www.accessories4less.com and see if something catches your fancy.

Looks like all the bundles are for various set ups, and don't account for the sale price listing of those speakers, so I don't think there's a better deal hiding in here.

For anyone who wants more than just the two speakers though, there's also this bundle, with a central speaker, sub woofer, and two other speakers:

www.adorama.com

Klipsch F-300

2x Synergy Black Label F-300 Floorstanding Speaker with Dual 8" Woofers - Bundle With Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speakers,Pair, Klipsch R-100SW 300W Subwoofer, Klipsch R-52C Center Channel Speaker

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I have those speakers or something similar. Very good. To really hear them shine you'll need a mid range receiver, a good audio source and a very high quality recording. When you have all 3 they sound better than pretty much anything you've heard before. Even good theaters cant really compete due to the acoustics of the room, people talking and eating.

From what I faintly remember from my college years when I researched klipsch, the klipsch horn does a really good job accurately reproducing mids and highs.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
...I am so jealous of you right now. I have a Klipsch 12" sub, and JUST upgraded my left and right to the larger bookshelf Klipsch's, as well as the center. Enjoy them, you lucky bastard with good timing.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Damn, I shouldn't be looking at that, but I could sell one of my subwoofers and some older tower speakers and have more than enough for this.

Shit

OP
OP
Polioliolio

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I decided I'd give the pair a shot. Now just have to figure out the receiver.. looking through that refurb site too.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
And to make you feel confident in your purchase, their speakers are very well made. My 7.1 setup is 5 years old and I'm using 2 of the promedia 5.1 PC speakers in my living room, those are almost 20 years old. Still beat the shit out of TV speakers.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I decided I'd give the pair a shot. Now just have to figure out the receiver.. looking through that refurb site too.

You'll most likely need either 16 or 14 gauge speaker wire to get the best results. You can get 100 ft spools of those for cheap on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and get a $12 pair of wire strippers. They'll have slots for those gauges to strip the insulation off, which makes setup a snap. Any decent receiver made after like 2010 should be able to take those sizes just fine.

OP
OP
Polioliolio

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
And to make you feel confident in your purchase, their speakers are very well made. My 7.1 setup is 5 years old and I'm using 2 of the promedia 5.1 PC speakers in my living room, those are almost 20 years old. Still beat the shit out of TV speakers.

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to experiencing decent sound!

You'll most likely need either 16 or 14 gauge speaker wire to get the best results. You can get 100 ft spools of those for cheap on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and get a $12 pair of wire strippers. They'll have slots for those gauges to strip the insulation off, which makes setup a snap. Any decent receiver made after like 2010 should be able to take those sizes just fine.

Good to know, I think I actually have a wire stripper already, but I don't know much about audio set up. Why would I want to strip the wires?, oh, you mean to connect them to the receiver yes?

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like all the bundles are for various set ups, and don't account for the sale price listing of those speakers, so I don't think there's a better deal hiding in here.

For anyone who wants more than just the two speakers though, there's also this bundle, with a central speaker, sub woofer, and two other speakers:

www.adorama.com

Klipsch F-300

2x Synergy Black Label F-300 Floorstanding Speaker with Dual 8" Woofers - Bundle With Klipsch R-41M Bookshelf Speakers,Pair, Klipsch R-100SW 300W Subwoofer, Klipsch R-52C Center Channel Speaker
If I didn't buy my elacs 2 years ago I'd be on this like white on rice, FUCK

Whatever I'm gonna use the 'klipsch' sound someone mentioned as my excuse to not buy this, as well as space being an amazing issue already.

OP
OP
Polioliolio

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Hm.. I decided to cancel the order, but I hope you guys who seem interested can get into it.

I measured my room a bit and the 16" depth just doesn't sit well with me. I'm planning on building a tv stand/media center, and specifically planned on keeping that as slim as possible, I just like the open space.

But it's also a cost thing. I buy these, then I have to buy the receiver, more, then I become an audiophile and my already out of control spending sends me into bankruptcy. I've also already done a bit of spending of the ol' rebate and my car is about to fall apart too. Sigh...

But thanks yall for the tips and advice. I'll definitely be thinking about my audio needs more in the future. Maybe a smaller pair that can sit on my tv stand is all I really need.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
You need a powerful receiver to run these...
These speakers are running dual 8 inch woofers each, at a minimum of a 150watts. You need a pretty decent amp to get anything substantial out of these. They're big.
No. Klipsch speakers don't need massive power. Even cheap receivers will drive them fine.

I recommend Yamaha receivers.

Edit:
Just saw that the OP wants to not pursue these speakers. If you want better sound, try looking into a Avicii soundbar. They're massive leaps above TV speakers too!

edit 2:
This soundbar is getting glowing reviews:
No receiver needed for Soundbars!

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Hm.. I decided to cancel the order, but I hope you guys who seem interested can get into it.

I measured my room a bit and the 16" depth just doesn't sit well with me. I'm planning on building a tv stand/media center, and specifically planned on keeping that as slim as possible, I just like the open space.

But it's also a cost thing. I buy these, then I have to buy the receiver, more, then I become an audiophile and my already out of control spending sends me into bankruptcy. I've also already done a bit of spending of the ol' rebate and my car is about to fall apart too. Sigh...

But thanks yall for the tips and advice. I'll definitely be thinking about my audio needs more in the future. Maybe a smaller pair that can sit on my tv stand is all I really need.

One thing to maybe keep in mind for the future is once you get a good set of speakers, you don't really need to upgrade them. They're not like tech where you have to upgrade periodically. Good speakers will last you a long time.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
It's a VERY good brand and at that price is a steal. At the same time, people are always selling high end electronics super cheap in sketchy sites. You are taking a gamble if you have never heard of the site. I would only buy expensive electronics from recognized places.

If you have never heard of Adorama, you've never gone shopping for higher end home theater gear.

It isn't anywhere close to sketchy.

One thing to maybe keep in mind for the future is once you get a good set of speakers, you don't really need to upgrade them. They're not like tech where you have to upgrade periodically. Good speakers will last you a long time.

What he said. I'm still using the JBL mains I got in college. They're champs.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you have never heard of Adorama, you've never gone shopping for higher end home theater gear.

It isn't anywhere close to sketchy.

What he said. I'm still using the JBL mains I got in college. They're champs.
You're definitely right that I haven't heard of the site because I think it's completely dumb to spend upwards of 1000 in tv audio for my regular use when Im moving often enough.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still using my 1974 Smaller Advents by good ol' Henry Kloss:
be602e18dfeca433f79f956cb8c3af84.jpg

That crazy bastard.

Found in the trash, spent 20$ on new foam surrounds. The sound still blows me away to this day. Hard to compare and compete.

Bit Klipsch is good shit. And for 300$, pretty much a steal considering y'r set for life.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know, I think I actually have a wire stripper already, but I don't know much about audio set up. Why would I want to strip the wires?, oh, you mean to connect them to the receiver yes?

I saw that you're probably not getting the speakers, but for the future: Yes, when you buy a spool of speaker wire, the wire will be completely covered in insulation, so you'll need the strippers to expose the wire. Usually a quarter of an inch of bare wire will do. You can do it with scissors or needle nose pliers, but it's kind of a pain in the ass; much easier with the proper tool that has designated slots for the appropriate gauge.

OP
OP
Polioliolio

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I saw that you're probably not getting the speakers, but for the future: Yes, when you buy a spool of speaker wire, the wire will be completely covered in insulation, so you'll need the strippers to expose the wire. Usually a quarter of an inch of bare wire will do. You can do it with scissors or needle nose pliers, but it's kind of a pain in the ass; much easier with the proper tool that has designated slots for the appropriate gauge.

Okay, makes sense, thanks!

I'd hope so. I know those speakers you'd see in people's homes from the 70s seemed to last forever, good to know speakers haven't gone to shit.

I caved. Anyone else?

Let us know how they are!

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
Klipsch is a great brand. I have surround sound speakers from them (5.1 setup). That looks like a really good deal.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Klipsch is a great brand. I have surround sound speakers from them (5.1 setup). That looks like a really good deal.

I had a "home theater in a box" from Yamaha as my setup. The receiver is a good one and is adequately powered, but the speakers were only "okay," and didn't succeed in "filling the room" that well. Well, the left speaker blew after about 2 years of use, and I was getting hissing and distortion. ...Can't have that. So, had to replace the left and right, as well as the center.

Got these for the left and right (BIG bastards...had to upgrade my stands as well), and this for the center. This is along with the 12" Klipsch sub that I mentioned before.

...Those things SING, and put the old speakers to shame. Shouldn't have to replace them for quite some time, I think, and they should be able to handle our "Rock Band" nights quite well. Will probably get the same pair to replace the surrounds as well, but that can wait a bit.