• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a snitch?

• No. I don't rat on anybody. None of my business.

Votes: 292 68.4%
  • Yes. If I see something, I say something. I make it my business.

Votes: 135 31.6%

• Total voters

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just wondering what ERA's pov is on "telling it" is.

Obviously, there is room for nuance in this discussion. Telling it on someone smoking dat lalala in their car vs telling it on someone playing loud music at 0231 hours in the morning while setting off fireworks is totally different... Right? Right.

Where do you stand? Are you generally a good, upstanding citizen and telling on people at work, home, ERA etc? Or do you turn and look the other way and embrace the chaos?

This you?
The_Real_Story_Behind_Black_Guy_On_The_Phone_Meme-500x500.jpg

Or is this you?
sml-lil-t.gif

Edit: And what're some stories that you have a snitching or not snitching? Dont worry, I won't tell. You can trust me.

Last edited:

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Does it involve me taking the fall? I'm snitching.
If it doesn't then I ain't

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
If it doesn't involve me and nobody's being hurt I usually mind the business that pays me.

Otherwise? Just call me Aretha cuz I'm SINGING.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely depends on the situation. I tend not to tell on anything that's harmless, but if there's someone in trouble or something dangerous afoot sure.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
I only report things that are obviously harmful. Theft, hit and runs, etc. I'm not reporting someone for substance use (...unless they need immediate lifesaving intervention).

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Depends what it is. It blows me away so many people have a blanket "None of my business" attitude. Like if I see someone shoplifting, sure, I could care less and I'm not going to say anything. But if I see someone get kidnapped or something, then yeah, I'll "snitch."

I always wonder if "no snitch" people just accept they'll get no help in a situation like that. They're daughter gets shoved in a van in broad daylight, no one will say what they saw, and they just think "Well that makes sense, after all, it's really no one's business except for me and the kidnapper."

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
My default is nah. If I don't know the situation that well, I could just make things worse getting involved.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
over a third of posters are snitches... yikes

kind of people that see a homeless person taking bread at a grocery store and calling the cops

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Yeah I cross the line at harm being done to a person. But other than that... I didn't see anything.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
As long as nobody's being harmed: if it's none of my business, it's none of my business.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
If someone is being hurt or harmed then yeah fuck the person doing it of course

If someone is just sticking it to the man they can go about w.e business they want

Funkelpop

Banned
Sep 2, 2022
I usually snitch when my neighbors aren't upkeeping their lawns and devaluing the neighborhood.

Oct 21, 2022
I've luckily never had to call the police but if something violent is happening of course I would. I've heard some people say that police make situations worse but I don't think not calling them is the right call.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
There's nuance.

I snitched on a mother at a bar who let her young child play with the darts unattended and he was standing directly under the dartboard throwing darts straight upward and letting them rain back down on himself. Told the manager.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
For those saying no, I would ask you to reconsider.

Being a snitch rules. I'm snitching right now, on multiple different people, and I'm planning on snitching on the people who I snitched to yesterday.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Only if an individual is in the process of being victimized somehow. Otherwise nope.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Didn't see nothing. Also never heard of the person you're asking about.

Dec 16, 2017
over a third of posters are snitches... yikes

kind of people that see a homeless person taking bread at a grocery store and calling the cops
While we're strawmanning, two thirds of Resetera won't do anything to prevent someone from plotting murder or terrorism.

I'm hopeful the majority would say something that could prevent significant harm while minding their own business for small things.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the HOA lady tried to get me to snitch on our neighbors for not picking up their dog poop but I decided I hate the HOA lady more than I hate the dog poop