adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
main-qimg-7a79978f6840e7832196d9e0fdefecdb

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
In the last week I started monster hunter rise in english and swiftly switched to glorious nippon language, I downloaded the funimation app and proceeded to avoid the dubs they're specifically known for in favour of subs despite not having beef with dubs

So obviously I'm not.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah, not gonna lie lmao. I feel like once you own an anime figure you have safely crossed into the weeb zone.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
I watch maybe 1/2 an anime a year and I love the general asthetic/art style but no, honestly I don't care that much about the medium despite my avatar.

Edit: my interest in anime mostly stems from 90s toonami and vrchat.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I only watch anime in periods. I started again with Attack on Titan and Jujutsu Kaisen. I'm probably gonna be away until Chainsaw Man.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty weeb when I was younger, but I like to think I've toned it down since.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I was hardcore as a teenager. I was big into subtitled anime for a while.

As I grew older, I realized I was simply fascinated by learning about a new culture and society. Learning about Japanese honorifics, differing speech patterns, and cultural norms was what I really loved, and having it soldered to cool shit I liked to watch made it much more enjoyable for me.

I was knocked out of it a bit by internet culture, as "weebs" are very easy to mock, and are often the butt of jokes. It's hard not to let it get to your head, especially with the creepy sexualized side of it that some self-proclaimed "weebs" are into. Who wants to be lumped in with those weirdos? Nobody. I just liked Naruto.

I moved to Japan eventually, solidifying my understanding of the language, and have now come full circle and realized that it is just fun to merge learning and entertainment together.

I no longer put Japanese entertainment or cultural conventions on a pedestal as I once did. But I still find the difference between western and eastern entertainment and culture just as fascinating as I ever did.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
All you motherfuckers lyin!
I watch a bit of anime in chunks. Like I'll binge a shonen I've never seen then not watch anime for the rest of the year. That's about as far as I go.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
ウィーブちゃうわ。拙者はオタクでござるお!

I'm probably a weeb yeah.