Are you happy at this time in your life?

• Yes

Votes: 515 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 564 52.3%

• Total voters

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
You owe no explanation. Not necessarily today or this week, but just in general at this point in your life.

edit - so there seems to be some disappointment with merely a black and white choice. This was intentional. I definitely recognize and agree that "happiness" as a concept is not black and white. BUT, that's sort of the purpose of the poll.. and I've seen responses here that get to that core.

"there's room for improvement, but overall yeah I'm happy". This is what I want people to decide.

"I'm not suicidal or depressed.. but I wouldn't say I'm happy. More just meh." Again...

there are plenty of areas (most in fact) in our lives that are not black and white. That can't and shouldn't be reduced to black and white. But happiness.. If you are happy? Good for you! If you can't genuinely say you are happy... regardless of what shade of grey that may be.. then possibly give thought to why.. and maybe thought toward changing that.

and for transparency I picked no. much like some have said.. I'm not really unhappy, depressed, or distraught.but I have so much shit going on.. I need to get some major things handled. I feel I'm almost there.. and on the right track. Soon. but not yet. sort of just "meh" like many of you.. but.. that's still not "happy". So I need to keep working at it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. A couple years ago I was a bit of a wreck, right now a lot of things are going the way I want them, so I am happy.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I'm pretty happy with my general current situation, the fact that it can get a lot better still is a plus in my mind.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that I have a healthy family and the best wife/kids, but with depression, I'm never truly happy outside of moments here and there.

OP
OP
borghe

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
I see so many people on here, and the internet as a whole.. get so defensive, upset, and even aggressive or antagonistic. Really just curious as to (at least this site) the general feeling on if people are happy or not.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. More miserable than ever before. I won't get into the reasons.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
i'm better than i was for most of my 20s but i still have a hard time getting over social anxiety sometimes. turning 30 in a week and i'm single and that makes me feel like i'm wasting my life kind of

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yep got a decent job, wife is great and my kids are amazing and I'm making moves for a home purchase next year.

I can't really complain.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Things are going well.

Not too many years ago I went through a dark patch in my life, so I'm grateful.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Generally yes but I hate this time of year so some days have been tough. Holidays are over, no more long weekends and the weather sucks for almost another 3 months.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Absolutely

Career is going great
Wife is still hot even after having 2 kids
Wife is crushing it in her career
Kids are healthy and doing amazing in school
Living in Orlando is awesome. So much fun stuff to do
Family is still close and we keep in contact
Friends are cool

Life is good ☺️

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was really down two months ago, but since then I bought my own place, got a new gf and I'm starting to have a more positive outlook on life. It's gonna be good.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a couple of bad years, but things are pretty good now, so yes. My outlook and general attitude has improved for sure.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see so many people on here, and the internet as a whole.. get so defensive, upset, and even aggressive or antagonistic. Really just curious as to (at least this site) the general feeling on if people are happy or not.

A black or white yes/no poll won't really answer that lol.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
like I mentioned in a prior post, the "no" option is "I'm not really happy", NOT necessarily "I'm unhappy, distraught, depressed" etc

that was sort of intentional. no was meant to cover everything aside from "yes I feel really good about things"
But it's not no. It's eh.
Because "happy" is not like a lightswitch. It's not a boolean value.
Am I happy, generally? Yes.
Am I happy/satisfied with where I am in my life? No. Very much no.
Am I sometimes unhappy? Yes.
The question is too simple in my opinion.
The correct answer for me would be "be more specific", or "I guess", or "Eh."

Last edited:

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
I haven't been consistently happy in a couple of years, since a breakup. I have free time. My career is going well. Those don't really matter to me though. Being closer to family would help but that's not possible anytime soon.

I'm working on it. I'm no longer consistently upset with moments of life questioning grief. I've gone through growth and there are opportunities for me. Eventually I'll get to where I want. I'm frustrated with how long I still have left before I can be where I want.

That gives me some motivation, so there's that.

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, definitely.

The only thing I'm not happy about is my work life. It's not that I don't like my job - I have a good amount of friends there, and I don't necessarily mind the work - I just hate how LONG I'm here for. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week + commute time. It just feels like such a waste. I want to do so many other things and I just have to sit here all day. It sucks.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
this may be the happiest time of my entire life

happy wife, healthy baby, great job, my wife and i are both making real money

it's certainly stressful, and i have more responsibility than ever but life is truly great

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Very happy. Amazing wife, great friends, nice house, love our city and both have jobs we mostly enjoy that pay reasonably well.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
All things considered, I should be, especially in the grand scheme of things, but no, I'm not happy.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Holy shit, yes!

I keep working hard and doing all of the things I say I'm going to do, and what do you know, my life gets a little better everyday!

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Yes. Although i have to say that i got rather lucky in various stages of my life, where i was at the right time at the right place. I also have no deaths in my family or friends circle while a friend of mine had several incidents in a short span, which totally crushed him and his life.

Only thing i need now is a property to build a house but that is rather difficult/expensive here.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm modest/minimalistic and feel like I'm only missing that one final piece to being completely content with life. That might not be true though and that's a bit worrying.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Right now? Not really, no. Unrequited love never gets any better, no matter how old you get.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No.
My job sucks.
Love life sucks. Well I get sex every now and then, but would prefer a relationship to be honest.
Don't have any savings at all.
At least I have great hair I guess.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm mixed, still trying to figure out my life post cult, but I'm making progress. I'm finally not having regular bouts of suicidal ideation so thats a big plus in the happy category.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I voted no because I'm ambivalent about my current place in life. I'm sort of at a crossroads regarding both the relationships in my life and in my career. There's the potential for great, lasting happiness but also the possibility that things get a lot worse.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Actually, yes.
Married to the woman of my dreams.
Have two great, healthy kids.
Have a pretty decent house on a corner with a huge backyard.
Doing a job that I really enjoy.
One more year left until I get my BS in Computer Science.

Sure I could lose a few pounds, but overall I'm in a better spot than I've ever been.