Votes: 273 21.4%
  • Lol golf games

Votes: 79 6.2%
  • Lol video games

Votes: 37 2.9%

• Total voters

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Four of my buddies live together in a big house, they just bought a copy and are excited as hell to play Speed Golf together.

...I told them they should Google that first. I think they may end up refunding it.

I'm waiting on reviews to see which multiplayer modes are local/split-screen. Lan and Online are great but that's not why I typically buy games like this.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
This is one of my most anticipated games of the year. I really hope it has a lot of content, because Mario tennis was really barebones.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered on a whim which might come back to bite me. But the E3 showing really sold it to me (plus at very least I'll have fun with it for a while, I even got a good couple of months out of AC in the beginning there)

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for reviews. Game looks great but even if there's a great base, that doesn't mean the content is there to back it up. Mario Tennis Aces burned me a little bit.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Absolutely! When do reviews drop?
By Wednesday(that being the normal day)
I'll wait to see how much actual content is in there, if it's like Mario Tennis then no, too barebones.
6 courses(the series average, with more to come post launch), solo challenges, adventure mode(play as a custom character (mii) includes upgradable rpg stats, gear/equipment with stats, multiple clubhouses each with their own sets of challenges, boss fights, and coop), battle Golf, Speed Golf, and online tournaments.
Four of my buddies live together in a big house, they just bought a copy and are excited as hell to play Speed Golf together.

...I told them they should Google that first. I think they may end up refunding it.

I'm waiting on reviews to see which multiplayer modes are local/split-screen. Lan and Online are great but that's not why I typically buy games like this.
Speed golf is 2 player split screen, traditional is 4 player, adventure supports coop.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
I do buy Golf games sometimes, but I never end up playing them much. Skipping.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've finally looked at some Treehouse gameplay and it does feel like accuracy is going to be random if you hit near max power, with the red zones there.
If there's really no way to control that, I fear for the worst.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I've enjoyed every Mario Golf game. Toadstool Tour was in regular multiplayer rotation among my friends for years.

Yeah, I'll be getting this one.

AstroLad

Oct 31, 2017
Hell yes I love arcade golf (MNG, Mario) and Nintendo sports games, though I am afraid of getting Tennis'd.

Last edited:

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm waiting till my next pay check on the 30th, which is fine cause I'm busy this weekend and have a 4 day weekend on July 4th

krat0zs

Jan 18, 2020
UK
I'll see if it's actually worth the $60 to me, most likely it won't be. I have a golf game I love and can chill out with, Everybody's Golf on PS3

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I absolutely loved Mario Golf on the N64, last game I think I really enjoyed. Some of the ones since had way too much of an RPG aspect to it which just completely bored me. So not sure about this one.

Kasur1309

Jul 22, 2020
Do we know exactly what online modes there will be? Will there be Tournament Modes for Standard and Speed Golf? Will there be some kind of Ladder?

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I am (unless reviews are weak). Nintendo games are one of the few I'm fine with buy day one since they won't see a price drop for a looooong time.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm kinda curious to see what other crazy courses they'll do as free updates considering the first one is New Donk City played in the streets XD. Perhaps bowser's airship or Rosalina's observatory? Making Boo's Valley from 64 a unified golf course or DK canopy from TT would be interesting

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited at first but after seeing gameplay it looks like a slower Everybody's Golf with worse game feel. I'm out.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I've been playing alot of Clap Hanz Golf on Apple Arcade lately, so I'm definitely getting Mario Golf as well.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
aweeeee crap it looks so good but I just have too many video games, already. Like way way too many. I'm drowning. I've also added a quest 2 vr headset in the mix, which means more money spent on more games.

I can't really justify this with all the games coming out that I want to buy over the summer.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Looks to be two clicks now. Accuracy seems to be automatic.

it honestly killed all the excitement I had for the game.
Not exactly, you curve during the second click and adjust the spin plus there's a risk reward on the top 10% that effects your accuracy. I'd wait till we have full gameplay impressions before judging but it sounds a lot more like real golf to me which isn't a bad thing versus the sniping accuracy of the previous games that was a fight between prefect timing over gauging the course

superanjario

Jun 7, 2021
I was reading the discourse about the "2-click vs 3-click" thing, and the current belief is that 2-click is the default setting, and that 3-click is an option you can enable in the options. There's also a lot of speculation in that accuracy is handled in a completely different way.

But, that information won't be confirmed until later this week. For me, it might not make a big difference as this is my first Mario Golf game.

Our hope is that a pro or advanced swing is an option in the character select screen. The last 3-4 Mario Golf games all had simple 2 click controls with auto accuracy and more advanced 3 click controls with timing based accuracy. The mechanics are there for the third click, but we have zero confirmation of if being present.

Star characters also give us maybe a glimmer of hope for them.

Seems like an unconscionable decision to take the third click away if it's really gone. Still buying day one. Game looks incredible otherwise. Anxious to see if they just did t want to touch the advanced mechanics during pre-launch marketing. Still a lot about the game we don't know.

superanjario

Jun 7, 2021
Assuming accuracy is all random (definitely still an assumption), wouldn't an advanced swing mechanic be something that could come later in addiction to the course and character DLC? Maybe our voices will be heard! 😃

Hopz2Brew

Banned
Apr 17, 2021
It looks great but Mario Tennis was a huge disappointment for me so I'll wait for this forum's impressions.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Yup. I have slowly come to the conclusion that Mario Tennis isn't really for me anymore after being a big fan in the N64 and Power Tennis days. But I still enjoy Mario Golf, and this one is looking really good. I have a few friends who aren't into golf games but they're interested after watching the latest Direct.

silverhick

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best features of the 3DS version was the tournaments you could create. I remember fondly competing with others at the old place. Any idea if that option is back?

Oct 26, 2017
Had no plans to buy but it looks way better than I expected in the video you posted, and I have some great memories of playing Wii Sports Golf with my brother. So now I just might.

My wallet hates you, OP!

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Hate golf in real life, love golf in video games, so that's a yes. I'm expecting not as good as Neo Turf Masters or Ribbit King, but as good as all the previous Mario Golfs. Which were good.