Oct 30, 2017
Golf Story

Nintendo Switch

Joy Con (Hand held mode)

HD Rumble w/ out sensitivity option...

Ooopppphhhhhhhhh

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I never disable rumble. I do however fail to notice it most of the time. I don't know why, it just never registers in my brain that it's going. It wasn't like that when it first came out (PS1 days). I honestly can't think of the last time I've noticed it and I've even questioned in the past if it was working and had to test it to verify it was.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
I'll leave it on because I dont care, but I rarely notice it.

Only times I have is with lumines remastered on ps4, I think it rumbles to the beat and thats okay. And switch games because HD Rumble is dog shit and bad. It's used for gameplay in some games so I cant just disable it but its awful

_ifigured

Oct 29, 2017
Controller rumble scares my cat, who is usually rumbling on me anyway. I turn that junk off.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I've had it disabled for years. I don't see the point of vibration unless it's a Tetsuya Mizuguchi game.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I certainly would not call myself weird but I have controller vibration disabled 100% of the time for all games on all consoles.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
No but I can not for the life of me remember the last time I felt it. I see 'Rumble On/Off' in the options all the time but it's so inconsequential I guess I can't remember the last time. I must not play vibration heavy games.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I disable it because I hate how the Xbox One controller rumble sounds. It's kind of higher pitch and whiny compared to x360 rumble and I don't like it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can never do it. It feels weird. As if I'm not getting feedback. I remember trying it multiple times in Destiny (that game makes the controller vibrate from every little thing you do, even the slightest movement of your character), and my performance actually got worse. Not being able to feel the impact of taking damage, firing a gun, meleeing something, it all felt floaty. Like I wasn't actually there in-game.

I am sometimes shocked just how much I need it.

Dec 18, 2017
HD Rumble defined Enter the Gungeon on Switch for me, and I literally rely on rumble for estimating my turns in Forza Horizon 3. But I can understand why it can be annoying. I love Golf Story's rumble, but I can't play it in quiet places because even with headphones, it doesnt remove the sound portion of the rumble.

Zone

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I turn it off in multiplayer but keep it when playing single player/co-op campaigns.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Always on. It does wonders for games like forza. You can easily tell when you're pushing your car too hard when cornering.

It legit lessens the experience when it isn't on.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I leave it enabled at the system level because every now and again something comes along that makes a cool use of it, but more often than not I'll turn it off. I find it annoying in 99% of cases.

Redwing19

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing Battle Chasers Nightwar on Switch and the rumble from the Joycons really make the attacks feel like they have weight to them. Best implementation of rumble in I've felt in a while.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I game with a mouse in 90% of the games I play lol

Personally it does nothing for me. I don't turn it off though. I just don't really care much either way tbqh

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Only if it's fucking deafeningly loud.

Nintendo rumble is the only rumble I can't stand, on both Wii U and Switch Joycons. It's louder than it is...rumbley.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Always disable it right hand has weird feeling since I had strokes and the rumble makes my whole arm feel weird.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why the Kingdom Hearts games all prompt you to turn rumble on/off, when to my knowledge none of them have any rumble?

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I typically don't but have found I do sometimes on Switch. The noise and aggression level of it can be annoying.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
I used to back in the PS1/PS2 days, but some point during the PS360 era I stopped. Probably because it wasn't an available option on whichever game I was playing.

OP
OP
Buddeh

Buddeh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always on. It does wonders for games like forza. You can easily tell when you're pushing your car too hard when cornering.

I only drive sims with a force feedback wheel, but this is a good point. I'd probably enable it for driving games.

Deleted member 17491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Forza is one of the showcases for impulse triggers. It's one of the games where I notice the rumble and adds a lot to the experience by giving you a better feel of the car and how it sticks to the road.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The poll question is opposite the title question so a lot of No answers would probably be Yes answers if they read the poll question

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I used to turn if off to save on battery life, but now I only do it for some games that gets way too liberal with rumble.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
I think it was the Division when you went down the rumble was so harsh it felt like fire crackers were going off in your hands. Ever since that game I turn it off in everything.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I only drive sims with a force feedback wheel, but this is a good point. I'd probably enable it for driving games.

I've never tried a wheel before and I've been with forza from the beginning. I should really get on that.

Forza is one of the showcases for impulse triggers. It's one of the games where I notice the rumble and adds a lot to the experience by giving you a better feel of the car and how it sticks to the road.

Definitely. I immediately stop playing when the batteries get low.

Jan 4, 2018
I always turn vibration off first thing when I start a new game. I hate it. Tried to play Borderlands 2 the other day and I had a Mad Moxxi's Good Touch equipped and was like "You've gotta be kidding me."

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I had no idea so many people disabled it.

I've played games with rumble for so many years that I can't really imagine going without it.

I do think it's a bit too loud on the switch sometimes though.

Oct 25, 2017
I never had a problem with rumble, but when I ordered my Scuf for the ps4 I had them taken out...the controller is significantly lighter than the standard DS4 without them.

On the Xbox I still use the rumbles with the Elite controller.

I guess I don't really care either way

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I almost always leave rumble on. I turned it off for the Bayonetta games on Wii U because it felt extreme enough that I was worried it would reduce the life of the controller.