• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kureransu

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my beta code via E-mail. Beta Starts on the 28th, and testers gets an exclusive skin.

So if you guys signed up for it, check your e-mails!

EDIT:

I'm Too slow!!!!

EDIT 2:

Never mind, the other thread is the Announcement!

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn i knew that i forgot something. Just registered for the beta, hope i'll get a key :x

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Got my code but not near an internet connection at the moment. Will add it as soon as I can.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
I just updated the game, hope it's gonna be 60fps this time since even my phone can run it at such framerate.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
I got a code earlier this year from someone, but I don't have an invite to the Discord group. Is it the same group again or is there a new one?

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Care to clarify? Iisn't the game alreadly out on phones? And wanst the switch beta going for months now?

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Care to clarify? Iisn't the game alreadly out on phones? And wanst the switch beta going for months now?
It only had a closed beta that lasted for a few days back in January. It was EU only, but this time is for both Europe and North America since the game is almost ready to release.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, i guess i didnt get it.

Kind of obnoxious that those who did will get an exclusive skin but whatever.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
This is great so far. They did a good job translating the controls to the Switch. Only thing annoying is I can't log in with my current mobile account. I'm assuming that's probably just because it's a beta. Hopefully that's not the case when the full version is released

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm having a blast with this. I don't want to play too much before it comes out but this is really scratching an itch, it's a great port.

They need to smooth performance a little but visually it's very sharp.

Any word on whether Batman etc will be in the Switch version? I don't see them in the roster. Also what's the payment model like for this?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm having a blast with this. I don't want to play too much before it comes out but this is really scratching an itch, it's a great port.

They need to smooth performance a little but visually it's very sharp.

Any word on whether Batman etc will be in the Switch version? I don't see them in the roster. Also what's the payment model like for this?

those dc characters will def be in the switch version. they are a hugr draw.

payment is super good - you get 20+ heroes free, and a steady stream of gold to buy more.

only thing you need cash for is skins that do not add buffs

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I thought i signed up ages ago but got nothing, so guess not.

Signed up on one of my alt emails just incase. :/

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a lot of experience with mobas but played a little of DOTA 2, Infinite Crisis (DC comics moba) and notice the moba elements in Paladins. It plays similar to what I remember from DOTA 2 and Infinite Crisis. It's a straight moba game but you control your character with the joysticks. Can aim certain attacks with right stick. Attacks are mapped to certain buttons. You still upgrade them and buy from the stores. You can open the map to get a wider view, etc. Performance seems fine to me as well. Been mainly playing in undocked mode but game looks pretty. Certain things are locked off until you are at a certain level, etc.

I can see myself putting decent amount of time into it.

What I did notice that I don't think I've seen or heard about in other games is the Arcana. It looks like buffs you can equip that are bought with gems. I haven't unlocked the system yet so not sure if these are gems you get from play in game or if they can be bought. I think it's from in-game since you get them from unlocking various achievements (missions in other games).

Edit:

The music in this is really nice!

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
I don't have a lot of experience with mobas but played a little of DOTA 2, Infinite Crisis (DC comics moba) and notice the moba elements in Paladins. It plays similar to what I remember from DOTA 2 and Infinite Crisis. It's a straight moba game but you control your character with the joysticks. Can aim certain attacks with right stick. Attacks are mapped to certain buttons. You still upgrade them and buy from the stores. You can open the map to get a wider view, etc. Performance seems fine to me as well. Been mainly playing in undocked mode but game looks pretty. Certain things are locked off until you are at a certain level, etc.

I can see myself putting decent amount of time into it.

What I did notice that I don't think I've seen or heard about in other games is the Arcana. It looks like buffs you can equip that are bought with gems. I haven't unlocked the system yet so not sure if these are gems you get from play in game or if they can be bought. I think it's from in-game since you get them from unlocking various achievements (missions in other games).

Edit:

The music in this is really nice!

It's basically League of Legends light. I mean it's from the same company.
Arcana are present in LoL too. It's not named like that but it's the same.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
I don't understand, I can't download the game because it doesn't show up on eShop...

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even know about this, signed up for the beta but I guess I was too late? Shame.
How is it?

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Really good, actually. I made the OT for the mobile game so feel free to ask some questions.

Also, please branch off from Valhein.
I got some experience with MOBAs so if there's anything new that breaks the formula compared to other MOBAs that's something I'd like to hear before getting into it.
Just having a MOBA on Switch is pretty nice so I'm definitely looking forward to giving this a try, even if it doesn't try anything crazy. Has there been any word on release date in case I don't get to try it in beta?

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised by how good it looks and plays. It's basically a LoL port for the switch, which I'm more than fine with.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I got some experience with MOBAs so if there's anything new that breaks the formula compared to other MOBAs that's something I'd like to hear before getting into it.
Just having a MOBA on Switch is pretty nice so I'm definitely looking forward to giving this a try, even if it doesn't try anything crazy. Has there been any word on release date in case I don't get to try it in beta?
well the largest deviation that I can think of is you don't "tap" to move in this game. You move around using the joystick. You don't have to go back to buy items, you can buy them all on the go.