• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Zackat

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Wondy is expensive.

The bombshell skin tho

Someone should make a thread about this. I guess I could if nobody else wants to.

OP
OP
Zackat

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
24 earlier today.

Oh and Wonder Woman is amazing. I'm a sucker and bought her.

OP
OP
Zackat

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
yeah. unless you use double xp cards for every single match you play it will take a bit

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
So I can't seem to play anymore? Started a ranked match, picked a hero and on the loading screen, the game just crashes. Starting the game again, it tries to reconnect me and crash again. Is this because I am trying to play while on mobile data (tmobile user here with an iphone 8)? I used to play just fine while on mobile data.

How do I even stop the game from trying to reconnect me? Do I just wait until the game is over? Also, does this mean I'll receive negative feedback? Seems unreasonable if that's the case since I can't even get the game to work anymore at the moment.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
georaldc bad bug, turn off LTE just use wifi
once a match FULLY loads you can try turning LTE back on
Yikes. I did get an AFK penalty and someone in my team reported me as well. That sucks.

I'm at the moment in a place with bad wifi so that isn't an option since the game just complains on initial load about an unstable network.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
yeah sucks, really bad bug with the new patch and now first DC character, not good.

i lost 8 credibility points do it on day one :(

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm doing the same. So far, I have everything except for the obvious daily log in badges. I assume they'll change the weekend rewards each weekend?

i don't think there will be another weekend - you probably have til friday to get WW for free

which means you'll need:
-every daily login
-4 points from each day of this weekend (fri/sat/sun) (so you don't need to win any ranked games, let alone 3 in one day)
-all 6 points from battle challenges each day this weekend (fri/sat/sun)

then Monday - Thursday earn 4 battle challenge points + the daily login bonus and you should be good by Thursday

OP
OP
Zackat

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Finally lost my first game as Wonder Woman. I need to get better at using her ult. Also, her abilities require a lot more execution than most other heroes I've played. Probably why her difficulty level is almost at the max.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems very difficult to obtain enough tokens to redeem for Wonder Woman. Although I'm sure that's as intended.

I'm not a fan of the changes to the daily rewards. You now get less rewards than before.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I played in matches with WW, but not me playing her. She is really fun to have on your team if they know how to play her.

OP
OP
Zackat

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
it seems like they are pretty stringent on being able to unlock her, yeah. you can buy extra badges for 25 vouchers/badge though if you only miss some.

Finally decided to put the game on the HD mode and high framerate mode. It looks great. When someone on my team left and I had them follow me it absolutely tanked my framerate though. I wonder if this is a bug or just the extra computing going on for the cpu to follow me? kind of a weird thing.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
For free with badges? Yes - you need every daily login, at least 2-4 points for each day of of the weekend rewards AND 4-6 points from each day of the daily battle rewards.

Yeah the badges are pretty nuts. I did the cost to see how much it would cost to buy all the badges with the cash shop money, it was the same cost as the champion around 1900 tickets.

So I guess if you earned as many as possible (as many as you want to) and then just bought the rest it's kinda like a discount I guess.

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the responses everyone, I'm really bummed that I screwed myself by not logging in to collect my daily rewards :/

Does the "Wonder Battle Quest" reset every day? It's the one with "Destroy 1 Tower, Slay 5/5 monsters" etc

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Thanks for the responses everyone, I'm really bummed that I screwed myself by not logging in to collect my daily rewards :/

Does the "Wonder Battle Quest" reset every day? It's the one with "Destroy 1 Tower, Slay 5/5 monsters" etc

It does - and you may not be too late.

How many points do you have so far? How many of today's points are included in that?

Oct 26, 2017
It does - and you may not be too late.

How many points do you have so far? How many of today's points are included in that?
Thanks!

I have 13 points so far, all from today. The only daily quests I still haven't done are slay the Abyssal Dragon and win 3 ranked games. I'm gonna be playing ranked for a while so I should hopefully get the 3 wins and get up to 15 tokens.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
The game says I have 20 heroes already.... and I've only spent $0.99 to change my name and I'm still not done with road to glory.

I feel like that either number is off or this game is way better then any other pay for heroes moba in terms of hero prices.

OP
OP
Zackat

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
The game says I have 20 heroes already.... and I've only spent $0.99 to change my name and I'm still not done with road to glory.

I feel like that either number is off or this game is way better then any other pay for heroes moba in terms of hero prices.
Yeah road to glory almost felt too good to be true lol

I wonder if it will be a permanent thing or only during the launch window

Like I still haven't played most of the heroes I earned from it

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Thanks!

I have 13 points so far, all from today. The only daily quests I still haven't done are slay the Abyssal Dragon and win 3 ranked games. I'm gonna be playing ranked for a while so I should hopefully get the 3 wins and get up to 15 tokens.

OK so good news / bad news:

If you do everything from here til Thursday, you'll have 63 tickets.

You'll need to spend $4 in Tickets to buy the remaining badges you need. By spending any amount of money on the game you get Zephys as well.

So a deep cash discount on WW if you put the time in now. Or if you plan on buying her 100% free you'll need to use gold.

You have Zephys from spending the buck, but yes this game is very generous with heroes.

Oct 26, 2017
Shucks, but that's not too bad I guess. It looks like they might give all players 5 tokens for free because they reached a facebook follower goal, here's to hoping there is something else like that where I can get a couple extra! Really want to play WW, will probably pay $2 or so max if needed

Thanks for the replies, Jon!

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Shucks, but that's not too bad I guess. It looks like they might give all players 5 tokens for free because they reached a facebook follower goal, here's to hoping there is something else like that where I can get a couple extra! Really want to play WW, will probably pay $2 or so max if needed

Thanks for the replies, Jon!

If we get those 5, you'll have to spend exactly $2 to get her - and no problem!

Oct 25, 2017
I got 51 WW tokens as of right now. I have done all the challenges each day so I should be on track. Also had an awesome 8 game ranked win streak today, which got me 3 stars into Platnium III. I plan to try and push for Diamond this next week.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
What champs and what builds have you guys been finding success with?

Taara has been my go to so far at silver 1. I end up playing her jungle which I think is really good because at this level people are dumb and don't take punish or don't pick tanks or duo lane their tank w/ Adc so everybody is underfarmed. So taara jungle ends up over leveled by comparison and is tank/initiation/damage all in one. Sometimes I'll solo lane with her and take heal if there's a legit jungle with punish on my team already. The items I like on taara are leviathan (or fire cloak), frost cloak, Hercules gauntlet and the magic amulet what gives you a shield.

I've just started playing Jinnar as well, and I think he's early good in these lower levels too. There's a warrior heavy run at you style that's really popular in silver. People just cannot resist jumping in on the squishy mage and jinnars ultimate punishes it so hard. His 1 and 2 are also really good vs multiple melees. I take endure and build orb of the magi, rhea's blessing and frosty's revenge.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017

Taara has been my go to so far at silver 1. I end up playing her jungle which I think is really good because at this level people are dumb and don't take punish or don't pick tanks or duo lane their tank w/ Adc so everybody is underfarmed. So taara jungle ends up over leveled by comparison and is tank/initiation/damage all in one. Sometimes I'll solo lane with her and take heal if there's a legit jungle with punish on my team already. The items I like on taara are leviathan (or fire cloak), frost cloak, Hercules gauntlet and the magic amulet what gives you a shield.

I've just started playing Jinnar as well, and I think he's early good in these lower levels too. There's a warrior heavy run at you style that's really popular in silver. People just cannot resist jumping in on the squishy mage and jinnars ultimate punishes it so hard. His 1 and 2 are also really good vs multiple melees. I take endure and build orb of the magi, rhea's blessing and frosty's revenge.

I like to play Zephys jungle quite a bit as he has a lot of mobility and the knock up from his ult is great. Unfortunately anything after silver 1 you will end up seeing people insta lock jungles and some games 2 or more people will lock jungles and fight over who gets to be jungle and you end up losing due to it.

If a jungle insta lock happens I usually stick to either Yorn or Ormarr. Ormarr is really fun but I guess I'm not great with him as most people tend to have so much CC and silence it's hard to get any of my skills off. Yorn is pretty sweet if nobody chooses an ADC.

Currently sitting in gold 2, but can't progress due to me misplaying, or someone on my team going AFK, or people fighting over who caused what and getting upset.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Cresht for sure - tanky & disruptive. I need good ADCs & Mages to ensure damage is done, but I can scatter a team fight and turn tides (no pun intended) well.

I am looking forward to WW & Zuka, though. I like playing melee, but want a more bruisery tank (WW) and someone mobile who can assassinate people (Zuka).

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the wonder women quest was completeable in ranked. I don't wanna play standard matches

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
Yeah I feel the same way but I've busted my ass for her anyway. I've got 60/76 and the next 2 daily log ins will get me 12 more so I should be good to go to unlock her. I love that the game rewards you like this for playing a lot and completing the challenges daily

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just glad you can still earn gold. In LoL they took away the ability to earn currency after matches and you only get it through leveling up and loot crates. I hope they keep gold in this as they are both owned by the same parent company.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
My champ picks are still all over the place... I'm currently playing more Grakk, Arthur, Butterfly and Alice. I suck on Violet and Slimz. Played a few games on Taara last night and she seemed good although her colossus smash cooldown was restrictive.

I should play more ranked. Tired of instalock Valhein and Yorns who end up being terrible.

I feel like out of all champions Butterfly has the craziest snowball. If she gets fed early game it's over no matter what. It's close with Wukong. They can basically just plow through an entire team and keep pushing towers.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
My champ picks are still all over the place... I'm currently playing more Grakk, Arthur, Butterfly and Alice. I suck on Violet and Slimz. Played a few games on Taara last night and she seemed good although her colossus smash cooldown was restrictive.

I should play more ranked. Tired of instalock Valhein and Yorns who end up being terrible.

From my experience it's waay better in ranked. Get much fewer people who have no clue. I've been playing standard for the wonder women quest and it's the worst. People just insist on duo laning top & bottom, jungling without a jungle item, standing in mid for 30-45 seconds doing nothing after team fights. It's like the punish talent, dragon and dark slayer don't exist.

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
Wew lord this match making. Thought I was just in a rut, but I'm actually just getting matched up with diamond / high plat players on the regular despite being gold iv.

Makes getting kills for the event a pain in the ass.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Wew lord this match making. Thought I was just in a rut, but I'm actually just getting matched up with diamond / high plat players on the regular despite being gold iv.

Makes getting kills for the event a pain in the ass.

Have they ever released whether or not there is an internal ELO system for normal games? I know League had one, and this is run by the same publisher but I'm not sure if there's any in place at all. I've been in quite a few matches with Plat players but I'm gold 2 so I don't really know if there's any correlation.

Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever released whether or not there is an internal ELO system for normal games? I know League had one, and this is run by the same publisher but I'm not sure if there's any in place at all. I've been in quite a few matches with Plat players but I'm gold 2 so I don't really know if there's any correlation.
There is. I get the message all the time that it is waiting to find players of similar skill levels for standard games. Also my teammates are usually Plat or Diamond.

Oct 26, 2017
These weekday break chests really bug me.

What time zone is it even displayed in?

And what are the contents of the box? Are they worth trying to get?

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno the time zone. I did get one of those chests when I played around 2:50 PM EST. Got a staggering 5 gold out of it, lol.