• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Game is legit fun playing on my phone can't wait to give it a go on my switch

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Seems good, however I feel like touch controls is better here.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
No touch screen? I don't know man, playing with sticks will be a pain.

I'm playing this on touch screen and it feels great.
Well all footage is going to come from docked mode, so it's not like touch controls are an option in that configuration.

I guess someone who's actually playing the Beta is going to have to confirm whether they're an option for portable play or not.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing the beta and there are no touch controls.

However the gameplay with a controller is great!

Tenbatsu

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they solve the lag with the switch version. The mobile version is getting kinda of laggy recently.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they solve the lag with the switch version. The mobile version is getting kinda of laggy recently.

Doesn't sound that different from the original Chinese version in that regard, to be honest. Like, presumably that one doesn't have international servers but even from far-western Japan (near to Korea) I get like 260ms on the regular.

As for the DC characters, collabs in this game aren't even new. The Chinese game has SNK characters like Mai Shiranui, for example.

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone say how you change targets? I see there's options to prioritize certain things, but I'm not seeing how to change your target.

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017
So its LoL for handhelds?
Essentially, yes. It's streamlined league and made by tencent which owns riot. You get experience and gold just by standing near creeps but last hitting gets you more, there's only three skills instead of four, and the shop doesn't require you to go back to base. You just buy what you want wherever you are.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Essentially, yes. It's streamlined league and made by tencent which owns riot. You get experience and gold just by standing near creeps but last hitting gets you more, there's only three skills instead of four, and the shop doesn't require you to go back to base. You just buy what you want wherever you are.

That last bit sounds fucking nice, actually.

The amount of baiting you could do in other MOBAS if you could be buying items during a fight, hoo boy...

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Looks good! May pick it up day one if price is reasonable. F2P would be awesome :)

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Fine... "borrowed", still looks nice.

Do you think Nintendo would put an actual Chinese clone full of stolen superheroes on their system? A couple of people have pretty clearly explained it to you, but the point doesn't seem to be sticking.

Ot-- I haven't touched a Moba for more than a few minutes, and im not sure I'll be interested in this one, but it's neat to see it getting on the switch as such a massive game.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
No touch screen? I don't know man, playing with sticks will be a pain.

I'm playing this on touch screen and it feels great.

I think the whole idea of a game like this being great outside mobile, is the fact there's actual controls now.

Two control schemes could be a problem if one style is competitively better than another, since it's a pvp game focused on competition. Also, almost everyone has a phone that can play this (atleast people that can afford a Switch), so it feels redundant.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the whole idea of a game like this being great outside mobile, is the fact there's actual controls now.

Two control schemes could be a problem if one style is competitively better than another, since it's a pvp game focused on competition. Also, almost everyone has a phone that can play this (atleast people that can afford a Switch), so it feels redundant.

Yeah, you couldn't pay me to play a moba on a phone. Physical controls are the only reason I'm interested. I wish Riot had options to play League with a controller, and I'd be all set.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good. I really need to play the mobile version more, but I've been so burned out on MOBAs and I don't like playing on my phone either.

I'd actually welcome a one time payment model if it included all heroes. I hate grinding for heroes in MOBAs. I'm probably in the minority though.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
controls look like they will be great

why the hell is batman/ww/superman in a game like this again? makes me apprehensive Lol

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, the chinese MOBA with stolen DC characters... looks pretty decent gotta admit

From the press release:

The company [Tencent] also championed a partnership with DC Comics to make superheroes from the DC universe playable heroes complete with official lore. Batman, Van Helsing and Wonder Woman will debut after launch.

Source: https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...e_Arena_of_Valor_PreRegistration_Now_Open.php

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I wonder how a moba would play with regular controls. Good to know the controls didn't suffer! I'm not a big fan of moba games, but I'll probably try this out when it releases.

I think you could at least do some research before throwing out accusations. The DC characters are licensed, this is a huge game. Companies would love to have their characters featured in a game with millions of daily players.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
OveI always been curious about MOBAs,, if this isn't overly complicated and time consuming I might dig in.

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017
controls look like they will be great

why the hell is batman/ww/superman in a game like this again? makes me apprehensive Lol
Adding on to what pld said below you; the original Chinese versions characters are based off Chinese historical figures and folklore. For release outside of China they decided to westernize the characters and changed their names and/or designs. Additionally, they decided to license some dc characters and included them in the character redesigns.

Man it looks like the Switch version is 30 fps?
the hell?
-.-
It's a beta. They're targeting 60 for the actual game.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
time to git gud:
https://venturebeat.com/2018/02/02/tencent-will-launch-arena-of-valors-world-cup-tournament/
Tencent already has a PC esports success on its hands with Riot Games's League of Legends, but it wants to expand into mobile as well. An insider at Tencent said that the company will announce a World Cup tournament for its mobile multiplayer online battle arena game Arena of Valor. The event will be held sometime in July in Los Angeles with a prize pool of $500,000 or more.