• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen YouTube/Google also tackling these issues with people that use VPN to buy cheap stuff with ARS or TRY.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't someone at MS say they didn't care about people abusing the 1$ gamepass sub stuff?

Whatever your thoughts on MS: there is no trickle-down economics. MS does not get bigger by losing money, and they do not intend to lose money - they are a business.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i knew the moment someone suggested using a vpn to turkey to get a dev accoujt for 2 dollars rather than 20 to play emulated games it was game over

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If true then this sucks. When people abuse regional stuff like this it just ruins it for those that actually live there and rely on it.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Didn't someone at MS say they didn't care about people abusing the 1$ gamepass sub stuff?

Whatever your thoughts on MS: there is no trickle-down economics. MS does not get bigger by losing money, and they do not intend to lose money - they are a business.

abusing the 1$ sub with MS loophole =/= turning VPN to get GamePass for cheap.

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I don't get what's the problem. Stacking 13 months seems fair.

Well, I can stack up to 36 months in the UK. Before today you could do the same in those countries(you can get 3 years of Gold then one month of Gamepass which would convert to 3 years of Gamepass. You would save a nice bit of money doing this) but due to regional pricing abuse you now can only stack 13 months.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I just wish they let you buy an entire year up front with some tiny discount or even at the same price. Not sure why the max amount is a 3 month Ultimate sub.

Fer

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the explanation. It still seems rather reasonable.
12 months seems alright.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
For now...
This better hold true until end of this year so I can stack a fresh 3 once more.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking.

I just wish they let you buy an entire year up front with some tiny discount or even at the same price. Not sure why the max amount is a 3 month Ultimate sub.
Ok, so I wasn't tripping. I saw an earlier post about 12 months. I was like when did that change.

Just offer an annual sub.....and these usually are a discount vs monthly or the other monthly subs.

Last edited:

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
I imagine that this has more to do with rampant inflaction in said countries than normal abuse of regional pricing.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't people stacking Gold then converting?

nvm, google search shows they were stacking that too.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Shocked to find out Xbox finally arrived to Turkey. When I was there MS refused to release Xbox 360 citing rampant piracy. Left the country around Xbox One release date but that wasn't getting released either.

Anyway, such limitations are ridiculous. VISA and Mastercard refused Turkish banks request to have PSN to only accept Turkish CC's in Turkish PSN. That's the problem to find a solution to. Many countries in Europe can block foreign cards to be used in certain places.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
User Banned (1 week): trolling over a series of posts
Well, whatever. Will stack one cheap turkey gold year then instead of 3.

I also pay less than 20€ a year for youtube Premium and crunchyroll.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
There must be a better way to deal with this. Game prices have gone to the shitter here in Brazil as well. Regional pricing is dead for a lot of big titles and even indies.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Well, whatever. Will stack one cheap turkey gold year then instead of 3.

I also pay less than 20€ a year for youtube Premium and crunchyroll.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Read the room, come on. Did you read any of the posts in the thread or just the OP?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Used to get PS+ codes from cdkeys some years ago until it was pointed out to me that they were sourced from cheaper keys, unless that's BS but I don't mind paying a bit more through official sources. As for GP... sadly plenty of people in Latam do this trick with the Turkish store and abuse the fuck out of it, you'll find lots of tutorials, pages and shit on how to do it. I know friends who do it and they boast about it, in fact I think people jokingly call it "Pobre pass" which translated to poor pass because of how little they pay for it through the region switch trick.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Read the room, come on. Did you read any of the posts in the thread or just the OP?
sad-sorry.gif