Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
www.eurogamer.net

Hi-Fi Rush 2, potential new Dishonored were reportedly being pitched by now-closed Xbox studios

Arkane Austin and Tango Gameworks were reportedly in the process of pitching sequels to two critically acclaimed titles…

That's according to Bloomberg's Jason Schreier who, citing sources familiar with the matter, says Arkane had been looking to return to its roots following the release of last year's critically panned multiplayer shooter Redfall, and had pitched a new single-player 'immersive sim' - "such as a new entry in the Dishonored series" - to Xbox executives.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Sure, Redfall was a failure, but how do you fail this badly to recognize that this is also the studio which made Dishonored and Prey? Fuck MS.

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
70% of the staff that made Prey left over the course of making Redfall. I'm not sure how they were supposed to return to those roots.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox execs had no interest in anything but BGS when they bought Zenimax. All the shit about encouraging their creative teams was lip service. Game Pass is floundering and they're retreating even more into their shell of profit generating franchises.

That's what you'd expect of Activision, but not of a first party publisher trying to build a platform.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
QxQl1zi.gif

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even imagine working on a game that you reportedly didn't even WANT to make and then getting canned anyway.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
70% of the staff that made Prey left over the course of making Redfall. I'm not sure how they were supposed to return to those roots.

Hopefully a lot of the team can get together somewhere and make more banger immersive sims. The market is rarely kind to these games, but it's pretty much my favourite genre.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
The percentage of staff thing cam can keep being brought up but regardless the remaining still deserved a chance to at least try to go back to what they were known for. Redfall was a mess in the making that wasn't stopped from happening and it's a damn shame that's enough to take them out.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
One of the very few series I was even looking forward to from Microsoft. Come on man. This makes me feel like any hopes for Prototype 3 is in vain

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Arkane was a large part of the reason I even invested in a XSX, because I expected I probably wouldn't be able to play much more of their future releases on a Playstation after Microsoft bought Bethesda.

They really hooked me with the first Dishonored release and I loved the whole package of their works (Redfall aside). Was hoping that one day they would return to a Dishonored 3 (or whatever it would be called). Sad it's ended up this way.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
1) Harvey Smith was a director at Arkane Austin
2) There are at least three Dishonored games for them to use as guides for how to make a Dishonored game
3) Arkane Lyon, the lead Dishonored devs, are their sister studio and could've lended support if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.