KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

endfield.hypergryph.global

Arknights: Endfield

Arknights: Endfield is a real-time 3D RPG with strategic elements by HYPERGRYPH.

The original Arknights is a tower defense type of game, so it's interesting to see them take a franchise somewhere else (it's rumored to be RTS/XCOM like)

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I know this board doesn't like its mobile games, but Arknights is really good. Looking forward to playing this.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Arknights has one of the most interesting worlds I have seen in gaming in the recent years so I'm glad we're going to be able to explore it in 3D. Hope they can do it justice.

Oct 26, 2017
Arknights has one of the most interesting worlds I have seen in gaming in the recent years so I'm glad we're going to be able to explore it in 3D. Hope they can do it justice.

Not so sure about that. They haven't released any details but the visuals/narration make it seem like this might be a different world or something than the Arknights TD game.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Not so sure about that. They haven't released any details but the visuals/narration make it seem like this might be a different world or something than the Arknights TD game.
Seems more like were just seeing a new faction no? Theres nothing there that contradicts the existance of rhodes island or anything like that. I hope youre wrong and it is the same world though. Id like to see Amiya in a big budget action game.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
It's probably not Terra but what makes Terra interesting are there (Nomadic cities and Catastrophe) so it's good enough for me.

Seems more like were just seeing a new faction no? Theres nothing there that contradicts the existance of rhodes island or anything like that. I hope youre wrong and it is the same world though. Id like to see Amiya in a big budget action game.
Seems like a different planet called Talos II so I don't think we can hope to see the familiar faces. I imagine it's far in the future of Arknights or something like that where they abandoned Terra to find other planet to live on.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. Arknights is a fucking excellent game so I'd love to see more done with the world.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So just looking at this, I'm guessing it's going the Honkai Star Rail route and not the Genshin route.

Linear, yet slightly open areas where you engage in XCOM-like combat at certain areas.

I super feel bad for GFL2. This game is going to absolutely eat it's lunch, and that's a shame. Unless this sucks and GFL2 is amazing.

Oct 26, 2017

Dunno.

Deploying what looks like a base building machine thing from a space ship (you can see it in the big art pic on the twitter) seems pretty out of the ordinary considering I don't recall any group in Arknights having that technology. And the phrasing on the twitter makes it sound like those RTS games where you land on a planet and start expanding your foothold as you proceed through more missions.

To me, Arknights is the story of Rhodes Island itself serving as a gathering point for a lot of interesting characters and the cool locations and countries/cultures that also play a part in the stories that are told. I'd like to see a 3D game expanding on Arknights world but everything I've seen from Endfield makes it look like a completely different game just with some familiar Arknights' trappings like the races and art style.

If that's actually the case I'm going to be a little disappointed.

While the gameplay itself might be fun that hope of seeing Arknights' world realized in a 3D settings will have to stay in the unfulfilled dreams cabinet.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At 1:37 you can see Oripathy on the girl in the CG trailer. So if this isn't Terra, then it's definitely related.

EDIT: The other girl has horns with the same color as the Oripathy too.

EDIT 2: The official website seems to confirm that Talos-II is a different planet. But it has catastrophes and Oripathy.

Last edited:

Killah

Jan 21, 2018
Not much info now but it's likely that it's gacha.
The dev is developing another game called Ex Astris and that one's not gacha and one of the first info they gave about the game was that it'll be a "premium" game while they say nothing about that here.
The meta data on the website mentions free to play with in-app purchases so expect gacha.

Oct 26, 2017
Here's a bit from the main site.

Welcome to Talos-II, a dangerous planet rife with catastrophes and risks. The first pioneers toiled for years to establish a foothold. Settlements and nomadic cities sheltered by massive walls formed a new foundation for our civilization. But the vast wildlands and uninhabited territories stretching far beyond the colonies of the Habitable Band have yet to be surveyed. As such, most of this world remain untamed.
Expansion and exploration are unchanging themes that go hand-in-hand with progress.
Originium engines rumble in the wildlands while automated construction machinery work around the clock to deploy new industry complex production lines. You will lead a professional team of Endfield Industries operators. Explore this world, conquer this land, recover lost technologies, and unearth secrets hidden within the abandoned ruins.
Welcome to Talos-II and your new home at Endfield Industries. A new era of change has dawned upon this ancient world. Time to make your choice.
Good luck.

So yeah, nothing to do with the original Arknights world and characters.

Protocol Field Recovery Department

The Protocol Field Recovery Department (PFRD) was once the most essential core organization of Endfield Industries. PFRD responsibilities included: recovering lost techno-protocols, exploring Old Era ruins, reverse-engineering salvaged technologies, and applying them in actual production. Several years ago, an "unexpected conflict" destroyed the PFRD headquarters. Numerous PFRD personnel as well as the departmental director were amongst the casualties. This incident dealt a severe blow to Endfield Industries and forced it to temporarily suspend tech recovery operations.

However, as various factions on Talos-II rebooted efforts to explore the ruins, Supervisor Perlica was tasked to lead and re-organize the PFRD. By integrating large numbers of PFRD protocol equipment, the Endfield Engineering Center (EFEC) successfully developed the Automated Industry Complex (AIC). The AIC is a system that utilizes a teleportal tech to rapidly deploy power generators, production facilities, and other industrial infrastructure for wildland pioneers to expand upon.

The PFRD deliberately chose to demonstrate the reliability of the AIC teleportal tech at Valley IV -- the most inhospitable and poorest region of the frontier. If this barren waste can be converted into an operational base, the lands that lie beyond will be open for exploration.

Last edited: