• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

UPDATE: Zachbasa got us more detailed patch notes.
Here's the patch notes:
Version 5.1

Added new "Gallery" feature. Unlock amazing illustrations using in-game currency, or by fulfilling certain conditions.

Added new badges.

Added badges earned when certain pairs of fighters rack up battles together.

Added badges earned by repeatedly using each ARM.

And so many more!

New additions to Party Crash.

• ARMS Labs have manufactured the ultimate version of Hedlok. It will appear only in Party Crash.
  • ARMS Labs have thought up some new Bonus Periods. Look out for them!
  • If a featured fighter is losing by more than 1000 points in the current lobby, the bonus for using them will increase from 1.5x to 2x. Time for some comebacks!
Added "Tournament Mode."

• A mode made for tournaments with all ARMS unlocked. When in Tournament Mode you will be unable to play other modes such as Grand Prix or Ranked Match, and you won't receive badges or in-game currency. Records will also not be recorded. You can switch between Normal Mode and Tournament Mode on the Top Menu by holding in the R Stick and pressing L and R.

• Fixed an issue where Dr. Coyle's extra ARMS would not fire correctly.

• Fixed an issue where the Ramram would stop moving in mid-air.

• Fixed an issue in Skillshot, where the Tribolt would fail to return after punching.

Source: Nintendo Versus (Twitter)

UPDATE 2: Versus, Friends (Private Lobbies), & Local/LAN are the only modes available while in Tournament Mode.

Last edited:

Oolong

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the patch notes:
Version 5.1

Added new "Gallery" feature. Unlock amazing illustrations using in-game currency, or by fulfilling certain conditions.

Added new badges.

Added badges earned when certain pairs of fighters rack up battles together.

Added badges earned by repeatedly using each ARM.

And so many more!

New additions to Party Crash.

• ARMS Labs have manufactured the ultimate version of Hedlok. It will appear only in Party Crash.
  • ARMS Labs have thought up some new Bonus Periods. Look out for them!
  • If a featured fighter is losing by more than 1000 points in the current lobby, the bonus for using them will increase from 1.5x to 2x. Time for some comebacks!
Added "Tournament Mode."

• A mode made for tournaments with all ARMS unlocked. When in Tournament Mode you will be unable to play other modes such as Grand Prix or Ranked Match, and you won't receive badges or in-game currency. Records will also not be recorded. You can switch between Normal Mode and Tournament Mode on the Top Menu by holding in the R Stick and pressing L and R.

• Fixed an issue where Dr. Coyle's extra ARMS would not fire correctly.

• Fixed an issue where the Ramram would stop moving in mid-air.

• Fixed an issue in Skillshot, where the Tribolt would fail to return after punching.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, it costs about 2000 coins to unlock most of the gallery art. You need to clear Grand Prix level 4 with each character to unlock the rest.

Really glad they're adding the lore stuff to the game. I think they posted these randomly across social media, so they were a pain to track down.

DU6ZLsmUMAAhJEW.jpg:large

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap I thought they were done with this game? That's what ya call supporting a game for the long haul.

Oct 25, 2017
Tournament mode sounds clutch as fuck. I guess that kinda solves the problem on whether competitive play uses only default arms or not?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At last a tournament mode, really should have been there day 1.

Too bad it's too late for EVO Japan though. I guess for the main EVO it'll be there... if it makes the shortlist that is, it's numbers weren't super hot in EVO Japan despite being the newest game there. And now it'll have to contend with Dragon Ball Fighter Z and possible BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle for one of the slots as well.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Tournament mode really should have been in from the start, now it's kind of worthless given how quickly you earn arms. I've got like 6k coins, so I'll be unlocking the gallery right away.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
A mode made for tournaments with all ARMS unlocked. When in Tournament Mode you will be unable to play other modes such as Grand Prix or Ranked Match, and you won't receive badges or in-game currency. Records will also not be recorded. You can switch between Normal Mode and Tournament Mode on the Top Menu by holding in the R Stick and pressing L and R.

Now that's interesting. Only reason I avoided ARMS was because I read it had random loot that you can bring into online matches. But if there's a mode that has everything unlocked that's kinda cool. Sucks that its getting treated like it doesnt matter (in records to ranked ladder what I mean).

I'd be ok with random loot if it was like Injustice 2 where that stuff is turned off in serious competitive modes and there's casual modes where you can play on balanced field

Nice. Tournament mode really should have been in from the start, now it's kind of worthless given how quickly you earn arms. I've got like 6k coins, so I'll be unlocking the gallery right away.

Oh yeah so its not a grind to unlock them? Interesting. Game not sounding bad

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Glad they got tournament mode set up before EVO 2018

That's what it's for, right? : (

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I'm not sure I like that comeback party crash shenanigans, but the rest of this is a pleasant surprise.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Another reason for me to jump back into this soon. I still need to check out the recently added characters.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next Party Crash is next weekend by the way, for those who want to check out the new modes and ultimate Hedlok

t3_7uevhb

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They were also pretty clear balance updates and other small changes would be coming, so I think these would be encompassed in that. The only definitive no was to new stages, characters, or arms.
To be fair, this is still a pretty big update (one that will benefit the competitive scene).

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna rebuy it tonight since it's on sale. I'm glad that they are supporting it. It has enough characters but new modes and things to collect are always welcome.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, this is still a pretty big update (one that will benefit the competitive scene).
Yeah I agree, I'm actually surprised they did another update of this caliber after that statement they put out. Which suggests the statement really was just about Stages, Characters, and Arms and not anything else. I didn't even realize more party crashes were coming.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
glad they are still releasing updates, the game was pretty barebones at launch. The game is pretty fun, so more things to do the better.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah I agree, I'm actually surprised they did another update of this caliber after that statement they put out. Which suggests the statement really was just about Stages, Characters, and Arms and not anything else. I didn't even realize more party crashes were coming.
They still have a decent handful of Party Crashes left to do (going by the open slots in the Stats menu).

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When they said that support was going to be the last one, they just meant major updates like putting new characters and stages. This one isn't a major one in that sense for them.

But hey, that's great. When I buy the game, It'll have a bunch of content for me.