Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
These are just some convention drawings from 2012, but re-hosting so the images don't get lost.

https://fotografia.folha.uol.com.br/galerias/7490-yoshitaka-amano-in-brazil

3t9a5tU.jpeg
8wKuXVw.jpeg
DqapqSJ.jpeg

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/bitmap_books/status/1753072892374335898

I was looking forward to getting the N64 book from them too. :/ Hope the alternate stockist they suggest buying from has shipping packaging that's just as good.

As someone who was gonna buy something from them for the first time with the N64 book: bummer.
I've ordered from Pixel Crib (to New Zealand) multiple times and I can recommend them, I don't think it was exactly the same immaculate packaging as Bitmap directly, but I received my books in good condition, for a good price, with good postage cost and shipping time, and they send email discount codes pretty often. I had actually started ordering from them instead of Bitmap directly already.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Almost dropped the Gustav Klimt onto my feet yesterday. Taschen XXL volumes are gorgeous yet absolute hazards.

The colors in the Frazetta artbook are a little strange. I'm used to the printing in the Icon/Legacy/Testament trilogy, which are considerably less saturated. However, previous volumes have more text dedicated to each painting.

In Amano news, a new interview just dropped. I liked the unusual questions, definitely worth a listen.
Via Dark Dice: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/dark-dice/id1437360249?i=1000644618840

Takeaways:
  • Takoman, an octopus hero first revealed in 2008 is still due for release (Old thumbnails from Dark Horse).
  • The 100-meter Greek mythological painting is roughly 10% complete.
  • A world tour is in the works, starting with Brazil.
vd2Bqg3.jpeg
XYKHIm4.jpeg

Deap92x

Jun 1, 2021
I ordered my bitmap books through their website and came open, like fedex removed the shrinkwrap around the books.. so pissed off specially with how expensive their shipping is.

alexdotgames

Dec 5, 2021
I was randomly surfing to Taschen's website and saw that they are selling NFTs? Have they been doing that for a while?

I know that at least a subset of people watching this thread might find this interesting to know about them. So I though I'd share.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
I iIwas randomly surfing to Taschen's website and saw that they are selling NFTs? Have they been doing that for a while?

I know that at least a subset of people watching this thread might find this interesting to know about them. So I though I'd share.

LMAO at thinking about the kind of person who would buy this book at this price point. Imagine, of all the interesting art books that Taschen puts out, choosing to buy this one, and having THIS be your bougie coffee table book?

View: https://twitter.com/MrBitterwitter/status/1762620299814617197

If I ever met someone with this book, I would LMAO, and then GTFO.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at thinking about the kind of person who would buy this book at this price point. Imagine, of all the interesting art books that Taschen puts out, choosing to buy this one, and having THIS be your bougie coffee table book?

Just wait for the Taschen sale :P I certainly don't see these flying off the shelves.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Hey, it's a scam. Just like NFTs. Gotta hand it to Taschen for taking advantage of goobers.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
artbooks is my hobby where it makes complete sense to jump on preorders because the aftermarket is in sa ne

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The N64 Bitmap Books volume releases on March 4th, according to their newsletter.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Outer Worlds book shipping to UK is $60!!!! Fucking hell. It's my favourite game but I'm not paying $120+ for it. What a shame.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yikes. My total was $80, which is still a lot for a book. But I do love that game.
Ouch. I'm a huge fan as well, but that's a lot. I'm guessing there's no chance of a wider release.
Yeah I'm happy to spend a decent amount of money, and I have a large collection of game-related books. (Mostly books about gaming - rather than artbooks - which I'll post photos of on here one day...would people be interested in that for inspiration on titles that might interest them?) But I can't justify that much on this.

Last edited:

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah the shipping to Australia sucks as well, but Outer Wilds is my favourite game and I've been desperate for an artbook for years. Didn't have a choice really. Grabbed the Echoes of the Eye vinyl and Collector's Edition with the bag too, whoops.

Light-Cloud

Apr 3, 2021
Anyone in Europe interested in the Outer Wilds book, Black Screen Records are selling it too and the shipping is far cheaper than iam8bit. At least it is for me in the UK so hopefully it will be for everyone else in Europe too. I dont have any previous experience with them but they seem to be legit.

blackscreenrecords.com

The Art of Outer Wilds (Hardcover Book)

The Art of Outer Wilds is a 300-page planet-sized deep dive into the creation and execution of Mobius Digital’s award winning title. Within its pages, you’ll find nugget after nugget of pure-gold behind-the-scenes goodness. Never-before-seen concept art, straight-from-the-source design docs...