• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I'm morbidly curious how the scum are reacting to it but I don't want to pay the site a click for many reasons.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Is this about that mosque shooting threat? If so:
tenor.gif

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
How sites like that and 4chan can still exist I do not know.

4chan is nowhere near as bad as 8chan and actually has some helpful boards. I've learned a ton from /p/ (legimitely the best place I've found on the internet for critiques), /3dcg/, and /gd/.

8chan is a cesspool that should have been raided years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Which libertarian tech bro is hosting this shit hole again on their server again? Can't wait for them to cry foul over the interruption of their "marketplace of ideas"

Last edited:

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
How sites like that and 4chan can still exist I do not know.

I don't know how 4chan works now, but when moot was around he would always cooperate with United States federal officials. In way 4chan is/was a honeypot since the anonymous nature of 4chan probably made some people think they actually were completely "anonymous" when posting.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
"Well you see, the 4chan knitting board is actually very chill" is starting to sound like "Some Nazi stormtroopers were actually good people"

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The cesspool of human filth, doing nothing but radicalizing the weakest in society to violent hatred and bigotry.

This took too long.

Aomame

Oct 27, 2017
There's some interesting nuance to this in the thread OP posted surrounding how 8chan stores user data. Apparently, your IP and whatever else is stored as long as your post isn't deleted. So for these manifestos, often the original post will be deleted, then a thread will be made with a screenshot of that original post -- thereby scrubbing user data but still allowing people to egg these monsters on. I am really interested to see how this all plays out, especially considering they are seeking the folks who posted and instigated this guy. It could lend some powerful insight into how these cesspools radicalize people into atrocious acts.

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha oh this will be glorious.
Wouldn't be the first chan-board to fall. The way things are going, 8chan will be joining 12chan.