TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wow. This is gorgeous on the Switch, but they're lacking a ton of options.

No Facebook connectivity, no ability to disable the Knockdown Camera, lots of those little minor things aren't in yet.

But, I don't think I can give up my Android progress. Gonna stay there.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. This is gorgeous on the Switch, but they're lacking a ton of options.

No Facebook connectivity, no ability to disable the Knockdown Camera, lots of those little minor things aren't in yet.

But, I don't think I can give up my Android progress. Gonna stay there.

The ability to disable the knockout cam is in the game, I turned it off immediately.

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
That's weird but the game is... fun to play.
Almost finished chapter one from the carrier, online multiplayer works ok.

You "just" have to accept that you are not going to use the car you want and that your not going to finish each championship one after the other.
That's ok, do something else like events and multiplayer, join a club to get more rewards etc...

The rest of the game will probably be a grind hell but so far I enjoy the game.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
My user name on Asphalt 9 is Phil32, same as my user name on ERA, if I could be added to the group, please.

EDIT: ID is fff62

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum is definitely going to push me to my limit in MP. It's not easy...Its also clear again that, early on, money will prevail to skill there. Like, a P1 in plat is almost a guaranteed L for me, ha.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That's weird but the game is... fun to play.
Almost finished chapter one from the carrier, online multiplayer works ok.

You "just" have to accept that you are not going to use the car you want and that your not going to finish each championship one after the other.
That's ok, do something else like events and multiplayer, join a club to get more rewards etc...

The rest of the game will probably be a grind hell but so far I enjoy the game.
Wait until you deal with your first Car Riot Event.

THOSE are fun. There are 100 to 250 packs to open of cards that each contribute towards unlocking the car. And you get 1 pack per race. And it's 2 event tickets per race. And you get 1 event ticket every 10 minutes.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
This game needs way, way more attention. I'm loving this, it's addictive. Great music and visuals, runs very well, fun mechanics, and you can play free if you want to (though I think these devs deserve some money for their great work).
The feeling when taking cars out with the boost/spin is fantastic.

This makes me salivate for a new F-Zero.

Throwing some money at this game out of respect.

Seriously Nintendo, this game makes a perfect case for a new F-Zero. DO IT.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
I gotta say I'm pretty into it. I needed a quick distraction between my heftier games and this is pretty fun and looks good too. There's a ton here for someone who doesn't want to buy anything can enjoy. I've yet to feel like I had to. Even with just 2-3 cars unlocked I never really a point the game made me stop, it refills pretty quickly and you can even cut the entire refuel time with a few in game earned credits (and you seem to get a full free refuel whenever you level up). There's a ton of content in the single player campaign and free multiplayer (haven't tried yet). If you want to you can get a ton of hours out of it for free and it's a decent arcade style racer. I only feel you'd be disappointed if you're a big car nut and really feel the need to have a ton of the cars.

Oct 27, 2017
It seems kind of pointless to have the option for an offline mode in the game if you need to connect to the internet in order to start the game in the first place.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Those escape levels are ridiculous. It is always like the final level of Need for Speed at every level. Even with the best cars I have I still struggle to pass some of them. Police literally throws all the police force at you :)

Last edited:

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Been playing more and more, and two things I noticed which I really like:

- There's an Offline mode! I thought it was an online game only, but you can actually play it offline, unlock tracks and other stuffs. You can also play local multiplayer with Offline mode, which was pretty great when I was in a plane with a friend.
- Since the game was developed for mobile first, there're touch screen actions available! Now I have the hand on it, I'm using both the controller and the touch screen, and this makes for a great experience within the menu.

So far, I'm really enjoying it! And the ERA Club is doing wonders. 👌

Who's up for organizing a little tournament this week-end within the Club?

Btw, do you have ideas about how I should spent my blue coin? What do you consider being the best thing to buy with those?

Harlowlad

Oct 27, 2017
When I am playing this game I often end up with a huge grin on my face. I forget that it's free to play and always avoid the micro transactions but regardless it's a fast paced decent action racer which works for me.

I wonder how it's doing on the switch I wonder if we'll get to see any stats on how successful it's been or not.

Would also welcome advice on how to spend my blue coins like Juan 😊

Still playing daily to support the resetera club👍

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I've had this game lock up on me twice now. First time I was able to hard reset my Switch but second time nothing worked. It was just frozen and no buttons would respond, even the power button wouldn't work so I couldn't do a hard reset. I had to let the battery run out in order to get my system working again. I like this game but not enough to risk that again. Anyone else have this problem or just me? Cause I hope it's not a system problem.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm an idiot and wasted damn near 100 blue coins on the legendary shop's "shuffle" function.

I saw the button there with the C icon and didn't really know what it did, so pressed it, didn't really register what had happened, then pressed it again.

Fuck. Haha.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I've had this game lock up on me twice now. First time I was able to hard reset my Switch but second time nothing worked. It was just frozen and no buttons would respond, even the power button wouldn't work so I couldn't do a hard reset. I had to let the battery run out in order to get my system working again. I like this game but not enough to risk that again. Anyone else have this problem or just me? Cause I hope it's not a system problem.
It also crashed on me once.
Next time, press and hold the power button to force it to shutdown.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This game really does not like coming back out of sleep mode. I almost always have to close and reopen it.

Otherwise, this is pretty great! Somebody described it as a discount Burnout, and it does hit that mark well. I'm kind of shocked the options let you turn off the MTX offers too, I guess for Kid Safety reasons, but I haven't bothered because they're not too bad, yet.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I did both times. The problem is the second time the force shutdown wouldn't work so I had to wait for the battery to hit 0 before I could do anything.

That shouldn't happen. O_o Well I think that happened on a Wii U game once and I had to unplug the system. So on a portable... yeah, there's no way to cut power in that case. Wow.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I'm not really into racing games but this caught my eye and I must say it's pretty fun so far. One thing that surprised me is that the Switch Online subscription seems to not be needed for multiplayer, that's nice. I'm also playing Gems of War on the Switch so don't know if I'll be able to really dive into this, I'll see after a week or two if I stick with it.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect this to be as fun as it is. Not to mention look as good as it does.

Personally I've never been against ports of mobile games as many of them look really nice and are fun to play and would be even better mapped to actual controls. This is a good example of that.

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't even know about this being free to download until I saw its been downloaded over 1m times already

This is an incredible moment for us. Bringing Asphalt 9: Legends to Nintendo Switch is something we wanted to do for a long time, as we are great fans of this platform. It has been a strong request from our community and it translates today with one million downloads in a week. We put all our craft into this new tailored version of our game to make it really fit this fantastic console. The sheer arcade fun that is Asphalt 9: Legends really shines, especially in the local splitscreen races with four players that the Nintendo Switch made possible.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Weird to think how Asphalt series started on Ngage!

It varies a little how much people care about the fact, but I don't like that there's a chunk of games from that period where the mobile industry transitioned from featurephone to smartphone that are being lost, but there's also no real significant nostalgia for them to justify preserving them. I fear it's a part of our collective gaming history we might lose more readily than stuff from much further ago.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
The one thing I dislike so far, in races where the police is involved, is it just me or do the police ignore everyone else and only comes after you?

Also, what are the conditions for knockout in multiplayer? I don't understand it at all, sometimes people barely touch me and I explode, then i can literraly ram them full speed and nothing happens. Sometimes it gets really annoying.

Last edited:

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Jun 10, 2018
Love this series. Spent A TON of time playing Asphalt: 8, which in the latter half of its life has had some amazing fucking tracks (like Area 51 and Patagonia) to play. Hope Legends turns out the same way.

Speaking of those tracks: to all of the newcomers of the series be prepared for continual updates adding new cars, tracks, modes, events, and other features over the course of its life. Gameloft works to make the games better to keep people coming back moreso than a typical racer - the one area where it's mobile roots help it.

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game updated yesterday. Now, I can't even boot it anymore. Get an error messages immediately. Welp, that was fun.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Try deleting/archiving and redownloading, I rad on discord that a lot of people have this issue. They are trying to fix it.

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
The one thing I dislike so far, in races where the police is involved, is it just me or do the police ignore everyone else and only comes after you?

Also, what are the conditions for knockout in multiplayer? I don't understand it at all, sometimes people barely touch me and I explode, then i can literraly ram them full speed and nothing happens. Sometimes it gets really annoying.
Knock out sometimes doesn't work because of desync between players I think. And the police is just overkilling it everytime. Even the easiest races police just literary throws everything at you.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
And the police is just overkilling it everytime. Even the easiest races police just literary throws everything at you.

Yeah, it can be quite complicated sometimes! Two solutions I used all the time:
  1. Double Brake: even the biggest police truck can't resist this, and it helps getting boost while clearing the way
  2. Havoc: Purple nitro will destroy every police vehicle it touches, not matter what
Have been quite helpful recently! But right now, I'm hitting a wall as I can't unlock race anymore since my car aren't powerful enough, guess I'll have to play multiplayer to unlock new cards ^^'

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it can be quite complicated sometimes! Two solutions I used all the time:
  1. Double Brake: even the biggest police truck can't resist this, and it helps getting boost while clearing the way
  2. Havoc: Purple nitro will destroy every police vehicle it touches, not matter what
Have been quite helpful recently! But right now, I'm hitting a wall as I can't unlock race anymore since my car aren't powerful enough, guess I'll have to play multiplayer to unlock new cards ^^'
You might have seen me I play "a lot" :) I am I think at %52-53 percent ? and unlocked many cars including A tiers and 1 S tier but the races scale so quickly upside you have to keep upgrading cars to be able to race. Need money at this point not cars :)

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I think we need to ping Valkrai as he is the one in charge of the ERA Club on this game, he only can invite or accept request to join the Club. Maybe there's setting to change this, but I don't where it is if it exists.

If you have 2 minutes to take care of that buddy 👌

I think we're running short on available slot in the Club, but at least 10 members of it aren't playing. Maybe we should clean the Club a bit?