• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Horse

• Assassin’s Creed

Votes: 128 15.6%
  • Red Dead Redemption 2

Votes: 336 40.9%
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Votes: 83 10.1%
  • The Witcher 3

Votes: 50 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • MGSV

Votes: 66 8.0%
  • Shadow of the Colossus

Votes: 141 17.2%

• Total voters

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Having experience with horses would probably affect someone's opinion on this. Maybe not tho.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
RDR2's looks incredible but it should be disqualified from any best horse contest solely because you can't do the thing in all the games with the good horses where you call it while running in the opposite direction and it overtakes slowly allowing you to smoothly get on.

Agro is the GOAT

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
RDR2 has a satisfyingly realistic horse experience that suits the style of game perfectly. Odyssey has an incredibly convenient but less real feeling horse, bit of a pain to move around towns but I feel that's more the game telling me I should get off and walk. I feel like they both fit well with their respective games. RDR2 horse edges it for me though.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If you've beaten RDR2 and didn't vote for it in this thread there's something wrong with you
I have and I'd easily Origins/Odyssey's horse controls above RDR2. They're the simplest, most intuitive horse controls I've seen in a game. Just push forward on the thumbstick and go. Perfection.