bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Good results, but it also makes sense when comparing to how many systems were out for Valhalla's launch.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't think that there was a lot of buzz for this game but good for them! Guess we're gonna get more assassin creed games like this in the future

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
That's not a high bar considering what games Ubisoft has launched on current gen.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Glad it worked out for them. I'd love to see more smaller, focused AC games along the massive, big RPG ones.

Ratuso

Nov 27, 2021
Most importantly, sales are in line with Odyssey and Origins, which sold very well. They must be quite happy!

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Number of players being in line with Origin and Odyssey is the real news here, pretty good!

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a good result for Ubisoft tbh. I thought AC would suffer badly against the barrage of games across September and October

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's kind of a spin but good to see people still interested in a scaled back AC.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Good. Mirage is an actually fantastic game and a great palate cleanser after Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla (especially Valhalla). I'm hoping that they learn from it with Hexe.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
"biggest new-gen launch for Ubisoft to date unit sales wise" is deeeeeeeeeeeeeep spinzone material

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Hopefully this was a big enough success to at least give this formula another run on this lower budget model. I loved how compact the game was. Beat the whole thing and got all the achievements in like 40 hours.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: my post was dumb, misread the whole thing. But yeah, not that much to compare to. Assassin's Creed always sells I guess

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
First one I passed on since the bad, glitchy launch of Unity. The desert setting isn't that appealing to me after Origins and the promise of going back to basics didn't excite me, I have all the old ones.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I didn't think that there was a lot of buzz for this game but good for them! Guess we're gonna get more assassin creed games like this in the future

I think there are just a ton of people who play AC games that aren't typical "gamers" that post online about games. My wife plays basically just 2 game series. Tomb Raider games and Assassins Creed games. lol Not sure why but she doesnt really play anything other than these for the most part. So she bought Mirage right away.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
The game has been number 4 on PSN top 10 list all week long. Which is pretty strong for a single player game. I think the price help and the 3 years gap between games has made people miss AC games.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the game was also dialed back somewhat in scale, so it probably doesn't have to move quite as many units.

Also good news to see over a million virtual street cats being pet. We gotta pump those numbers up baby.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good for them. Smaller, more personal stories seemed like a good idea. I'd still like the occasional, epic 100 hour game every 3-4 years, but this works well for the devs (re-use assets) and consumers (cheaper games).

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I thought this was going to bomb. Great knews, hopefully it means more classic AC in the future.

DaveB

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
AC fans returning after not liking the series' pseudo-RPG sandbox direction probably account for some of the sales momentum. That's what got me interested after not playing Origins, Odyssey or Valhalla.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I thought this was going to bomb. Great knews, hopefully it means more classic AC in the future.

Really? How? It literally has everything going for it lol.

- it's shorter than the last 3 games
- it plays closer to the original games
- it's $50
- Hasn't been a new AC in 3 years

Hoping that the same though, that they gear more towards classic AC moving forward.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Really? How? It literally has everything going for it lol.

- it's shorter than the last 3 games
- it plays closer to the original games
- it's $50
- Hasn't been a new AC in 3 years

Hoping that the same though, that they gear more towards classic AC moving forward.
The first two aren't necessarily selling points to many people

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I hope this inspires them to make more smaller, more classic-esque Assassin's Creed games between the bigger ones.

Haven't finished Mirage yet, but I've been mostly enjoying it.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
First time enjoying an Assassins Creed in a decade. Please make more like this... I hate the huge RPG ones.