flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only at the beginning of the game so I'm just thinking should I wait until the update is out to continue playing or not? :) . I'm still deciding.

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Reached the ending yesterday. I would not have had any idea what was going on there had I not played Valhalla. Even now I'm not entirely sure what just happened, particularly because the series has moved away from the "ancestral memories are stored in your DNA" idea that had people reliving their ancestors' memories.

The complete lack of a modern-day element to the story (to say nothing of the other multi-layered plots that previous games had) was a disappointment. Especially since their target audience is going to know a lot less about 9th century Baghdad than they would about Renaissance Italy or classical Greece, they should have had a Shaun Hastings-like character to teach the player. Layla Hassan, an American of Egyptian decsent who presumably knows some Arabic, would have been perfect in this role.

You also don't get much of a sense of time passing, history unfolding, and your character maturing, which was one of the best parts of AC2 and several sequels.

The gameplay is good, though I miss the ability to be non-lethal; you almost have to kill semi-innocent people in this game. The locations are great: the Bazaar, the Round City. I loved figuring out how to get into places and planning routes, and can imagine trying all the options I didn't try next time around. I finished the Round City mission feeling like I had only explored a tiny fraction of that location. The parkour is great and it's nice to be jumping across buildings again. It would have been nice if some parts of Baghdad had been visibly different from others, given that the whole game takes place in one city, but Anbar at least feels a little different. I would have liked to go back to Alamut Fortress a few more times, perhaps with more time passing, but I get that this game is shorter and less ambitious.

I finished in about 23 hours, doing all the main missions and only a few of the side missions. Never chain-assassinated; never got any of the trophies involving multiple kills or streaks of kills. It's a really good game and a fun return to a lot of what made earlier games great.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
I've been waiting for the patch, and not playing, to have the option to turn off CA before resuming, and I'm so glad I did. The game looks beautifully crisp and clean on PS5 now, instead of a blurry mess. I can't believe they launched with it locked on.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this, but having tried it this morning on PC I.... like how it looks with CA on better. It looks too sharp and contrasty with it off. I need to see a doctor, apparently.

RafikiX

Mar 24, 2023
It took them only A MONTH to patch this !! Unless I'm mistaking It's also the only update we received since launch (apart from the day one patch).
Didn't finish it and I might never lol
Played a little of ac brotherhood on my switch and everything is more varied and/or better (apart from the graphics obv).

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
CA really wasn't that bad tbh, I don't like it either and some of the vids thst were posted at release made it look horrible, but I didn't even notice it 99% of the time while playing and when I did it wasn't jarring.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
There's a Twitch Drop currently for a Blood Elf Raven and Hoplite Dory Spear. I wish there was an easy way to know when drops are happening in games I own. I usually check these in the morning and then don't check again until the next day.

Heck, the only way I know of this was through Halo API for Twitch Drops. Thought it was odd they had a drop for a reward you can get from the Doritos/Dew promo.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very slowly going through the game, which is very unusual for me. When I drop/pause games for others, it is highly unlikely I return, no matter my previous enjoyment.
Mirage is just so fun, easy (a plus in my book), pleasant. Need more AssCreed Games like this

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the game yesterday and I am having a blast. Classical ac gameplay is really good with that stealth. Also interesting that the default setting for CA is set to off. Might turn it just to see why so many people complained.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Beat it yesterday and really liked it. The setting is cool and the missions grant you a lot of freedom similar to hitman games. Parkour is so much better in a city environment. The ending was really well done that is all I am going to say. Bring more of those games ubi!

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
I also have to say again how absolutely awful, immersion breaking and overall just fucking annoying having the objective marker constantly flying around your field of vision is. On top of this if you need to look at something anywhere near where the marker decided to place itself it makes it very hard to focus on what you are looking at because of the stereo fighting it creates by floating arbitrarily at its own weird depth.

Is there any official forum for this game where I can beg the developers to let us turn this off (other than Twitter)?
I might be mistaken but you're in the wrong OT, this is mirage lol not the VR game.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I finally bought this and played a few hours and this totally feels like a Valhalla DLC, like the one that takes place around Paris, except there are no levels and Basim moves and climbs worse than Eivor. Anyway, it's not a bad game, it feels like the newer ACs which is a plus in my book.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Just beat the game, was hoping ubi would throw me a bone with the present day lore, oh well next game then or maybe the DLC will help!

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm wonder what the new rewards are. I almost uninstalled it yesterday because I'd finished the last of the contracts.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Finished yesterday…

What a really mediocre game.
Almost 20 hours of no surprises or exciting moments…

- Animations and gameplay from main character is super janky
- one of the worst and more boring combats in a AAA game
- mission and level design classic Ubisoft. Do 2 or 3 type of missions and repeat till the end of the game
- boring and monotonous storytelling and characters.
- massive amount of stuttering playing on performance mode series X

Positive things( if possible)
- overall animations from fauna and horse riding improved from last games
- I liked the dusty visuals of Bagdá. It had good effects and convincing atmosphere visually.
- final moments are a bit better than the rest of the game.

Unfortunately another extremely forgettable Ubisoft game.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Got this game for my birthday, and I'm excited because Valhalla is one of my lowkey favorite games of all time. I just adored it.

One question, while I know this game is supposed to be a bit abbreviated, I just finished the opening training segment and got that classic [ASSASSIN'S CREED MIRAGE] title screen, but had to pause for the night. I logged out and .. uh ... PS says I'm at 40% completion. That can't be right. Right?

Oct 27, 2017
Got this game for my birthday, and I'm excited because Valhalla is one of my lowkey favorite games of all time. I just adored it.

One question, while I know this game is supposed to be a bit abbreviated, I just finished the opening training segment and got that classic [ASSASSIN'S CREED MIRAGE] title screen, but had to pause for the night. I logged out and .. uh ... PS says I'm at 40% completion. That can't be right. Right?

I 100% the game in just under 30hrs

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

You have plenty left but it is not a 60-80 hr game like the last three RPGs

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It ended up pretty easily as my game of the year. Just had and still have a lot of fun. Although the game is rather short, I played through it for three month. A game holding my attention for that long is rather rare, so yeah.

Now I will have to make tough decisions. Do I play Origins, playing through the Ancient Ones Trilogy
Do I start with Valhalla and follow up on Basim?

Or do I really wanna stick with old-Creed and finish some games, I havent played before (III, Rogue, Syndicate)?? Well good thing, there is always more Ass Creed old and new haha

russbus64

May 1, 2018
It ended up pretty easily as my game of the year. Just had and still have a lot of fun. Although the game is rather short, I played through it for three month. A game holding my attention for that long is rather rare, so yeah.

Now I will have to make tough decisions. Do I play Origins, playing through the Ancient Ones Trilogy
Do I start with Valhalla and follow up on Basim?

Or do I really wanna stick with old-Creed and finish some games, I havent played before (III, Rogue, Syndicate)?? Well good thing, there is always more Ass Creed old and new haha
I didn't play Origins or Odyssey, and I think it was fine to just skip right to Valhalla. If you don't know what happens in AC3 though, you may want to check that out first.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
The newer games all stand on their own.

But I got the platinum (a rarity for me) and put 117 hours into Odyssey.

I think it's Ubisofts finest work.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I just started the game and i am really enjoying it but man the combat is kinda kicking my ass because it focuses so heavily on my nemesis, parrying, i am old and my reflexes are and always have been terrible, i have always been horrible at parrying in pretty much any game to the point that i couldn't even get through the first hour of sekiro.

I always rely on dodging in any game that has both to choose from but that doesn't really work well here because of the stamina system.

The thing that is tripping me up is the attacks you can parry and the red attacks you can't parry, the timing window on the attack when they flash yellow or red are just way to tight for my old crusty reflexes, by the time the colour flashes it's too late for me to react properly, and most of the time i can't tell from the telegraphed attacks what kind of attack it will be, so the fights end up being a random 50/50 if i should parry or dodge, not a winning concept. 😩

Any advice would be appreciated because if this continues i will probably have to put the difficulty down.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just started the game and i am really enjoying it but man the combat is kinda kicking my ass because it focuses so heavily on my nemesis, parrying, i am old and my reflexes are and always have been terrible, i have always been horrible at parrying in pretty much any game to the point that i couldn't even get through the first hour of sekiro.

I always rely on dodging in any game that has both to choose from but that doesn't really work well here because of the stamina system.

The thing that is tripping me up is the attacks you can parry and the red attacks you can't parry, the timing window on the attack when they flash yellow or red are just way to tight for my old crusty reflexes, by the time the colour flashes it's too late for me to react properly, and most of the time i can't tell from the telegraphed attacks what kind of attack it will be, so the fights end up being a random 50/50 if i should parry or dodge, not a winning concept. 😩

Any advice would be appreciated because if this continues i will probably have to put the difficulty down.
How much latency does your TV or monitor have? That might be the culprit!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
You say this like it's the worst thing in the world lol. It's okay to not really grasp a mechanic and drop the difficulty. To be fair, even reviews did say how Mirage specifically prioritizes stealth, and combat is a worst-case scenario. Mirage isn't designed to be a combat-forward game the way Valhalla or even Odyssey/Origins are. It is by design more difficult and punishing. My advice would be less to get better at combat, and more so consider how you can approach situations with the goal of never engaging in combat

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
You say this like it's the worst thing in the world lol. It's okay to not really grasp a mechanic and drop the difficulty. To be fair, even reviews did say how Mirage specifically prioritizes stealth, and combat is a worst-case scenario. Mirage isn't designed to be a combat-forward game the way Valhalla or even Odyssey/Origins are. It is by design more difficult and punishing. My advice would be less to get better at combat, and more so consider how you can approach situations with the goal of never engaging in combat
I primarily play the assassin's creed games for the stealth so that sounds good to me, i don't want to put the difficulty down because it also makes the stealth easier too, i'll play as sneaky as possible and just run away if i get caught, are there many mandatory fights that you are forced into during the story?

If so i'll put the difficulty down just for those.

I'm really liking the game so far, i like the new games too but it's nice to play a old school assassin's game again.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I primarily play the assassin's creed games for the stealth so that sounds good to me, i don't want to put the difficulty down because it also makes the stealth easier too, i'll play as sneaky as possible and just run away if i get caught, are there many mandatory fights that you are forced into during the story?

If so i'll put the difficulty down just for those.

I'm really liking the game so far, i like the new games too but it's nice to play a old school assassin's game again.
There are mandatory fights but mainly in the final story mission