Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Definitely interested to see what it ends up like, I'm a sucker for things set in Japan and absolutely love Rise of The Ronin, so hopefully it's good!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wonder if they will give equal attention to both protagonists this time. Yes I'm still salty about Valhalla's reveal.

It being Odyssey's team is at least very good news for the gameplay department. I find that game to be endlessly replayable; the stealth is just so much fun.

the only thing that kills my hype is bloat, Odyssey is filled with so much bloat that I nearly 100% the game and I still had 200+ side quests to do like bruh wtf
Are there even that many side quests in the game? I mean proper side quests, not the radiant stuff that you honestly shouldn't bother with.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Ow the edge.

I mean, looking forward to it, even if it's a CGI trailer because they are all cool.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Wonder if they will give equal attention to both protagonists this time. Yes I'm still salty about Valhalla's reveal.

It being Odyssey's team is at least very good news for the gameplay department. I find that game to be endlessly replayable; the stealth is just so much fun.

Are there even that many side quests in the game? I mean proper side quests, not the radiant stuff that you honestly shouldn't bother with.

There's the whole conspiracy thing which is like multiple side quests. I feel like there are others but nothing memorial

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Give me all the bloat, I want this to be my podcast game for hundreds of hours haha. The main quest is there for people who want to see credits, having extra content there for people who just want to dick around and accomplish random things isn't hurting anyone.

I feel like we need to find a way to have a rating system for side content for these games. "This side quest line is boring, skip unless you want to do everything" "this side quest line is great, definitely do these!". There is so much content it is very hard to figure out what is worth going and what not.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Give me all the bloat, I want this to be my podcast game for hundreds of hours haha. The main quest is there for people who want to see credits, having extra content there for people who just want to dick around and accomplish random things isn't hurting anyone.

for me personally as someone who got literally disincentivized in 100% OW games by playing Odyssey and its myriad of side quests, it's something that unfortunately hurts my experience. I love to 100% certain games but Ubi OW design just makes its so painful to do.

You are right at the fact that I can just ignore the side stuff and focus on MSQ quite like I did with Rebirth but its the daunting to see sheer amount of content that is bombarded to your face when you open the menus lol

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward for the next Assassin's Creed, hopefully it's like Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla filled with content which some called bloat.

Pity it's a Samurai/Ninja era location.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
I'm assuming CG trailer? And wondering if it's still gender locked the classes. I think it was female characters were shinobi and male character were samurai.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/InsiderGamingIG/status/1790053464879341623

The dataminer, named @Ubisoft_Frax has outlined several new details and prices on Assassin's Creed Shadows' post-launch content. According to the dataminer, Shadows will launch with at least two post-launch new expansions at $25 each, or you can buy the Season Pass for $40.

In addition to the post-launch content, the data miner has also revealed the prices for the upcoming Helix currency, which is the Assassin's Creed currency, to purchase in-game items.

500 Helix – $/€5
1050 Helix – $/€10
2300 Helix – $/€20
4200 Helix – $/€35
6600 Helix – $/€50

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of God, stop it with the cross-gen.

It's been 4 years. We have like a 100 million current gen consoles sold between PS5 and Xbox Series, let last gen die.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
There's the whole conspiracy thing which is like multiple side quests. I feel like there are others but nothing memorial
That's true and there are quite a lot of them too. Never found it too much myself, many cultists you can tackle while doing other stuff in the area, but I can see why it would be daunting and not something anyone would want to interact with. Doesn't help that it's tied to upgrading your spear.

the 200 is an exaggeration ofc but like its gets my point across I guess
Not... really? You say you have almost 100% the game but also that you have so much left to do. That doesn't make sense to me unless you're talking about radiant quests which is folly because they are literally limitless.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
660e5a03fbff4e2940488bcd-6.jpg

There's a code on the official website.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Not... really? You say you have almost 100% the game but also that you have so much left to do. That doesn't make sense to me unless you're talking about radiant quests which is folly because they are literally limitless.

hmmm, maybe it is that. I just remember that at 92% completion, I still had a lot of shit to do but it could have just been recurring side quests.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
AC Odyssey is one of my favorite game worlds to be in, and i was happy to always have stuff to do. I am so excited for this game and this setting, and I honestly don't want this to be the one to start paring things back lol.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Interested to see the vibe they're going for with it from the cinematic, but going to be really curious for that gameplay reveal. Odyssey is my favourite in the series so yeh, hoping for good things.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why companies still limit their games by targeting last gen consoles. Software sales must be still going strong that's the only explanation I can think of.

Oct 25, 2017

With this game it's going to be so funny if they decide to do the same thing of shunning the female character when the male character is rumoured to be Yasuke.

Their marketing team is going to be doing the SpongeBob cross eyed meme when they need to figure out if they market the woman or the black man

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
This could be the first ever third party game announced for the successor but I really don't think Nintendo is allowing to make game announcements yet. After the official reveal perhaps.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I'm expecting the most stereotypical CGI trailer.

Single drumbeat. Flute music plays. Cherry blossoms fall on a pagoda. Pan to a shadowy rooftop. etc.

Full on Assassin's Weeb. Is that anything?

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I'm just about to play through Mirage. I'm so invested in the overarching story at the moment so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it progresses! Bring on the Cinematic Trailer!

Bengraven