Oct 27, 2017
I have zero interest in the setting, but I do love Assassins Creed and Ubisoft open worlds are glorious looking if nothing else, so I'll be watching with interest.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
ezgif-4-71f0b22e91.gif
Omg, I can't wait

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this is truly gonna be the Ghost of Tsushima of Assassins Creed

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
It's the setting I have wanted in a full AC since I realised they were doing different time periods.

Vince Death

Jun 15, 2022
After a decade long ac break I played Valhalla and really enjoyed it. If this is in feudal Japan then day one

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to be in an Assassin's Creed thread that isn't insufferably cynical and negative haha. It's also been heartening (and a tiny bit vindicating) to see the overall opinion of Odyssey get more and more positive as time goes on.

Cartoonic21

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to my Ubisoft popcorn game. AC will always have a place in my heart for being the series I can sit and enjoy no matter what's happening outside.

Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
I've been waiting years for them to do a AC in Japan. AC Odyssey was my favorite and I can't wait to see what the AC Odyssey team has been cooking.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little hyped for this. It's the right setting for AC and I think Ghost of Tsushima was a little overrated. But I burnt out on Valhalla pretty quickly, I hope this adds something new to the franchise.
At least I'll be seeing a cool trailer in 2 days, AC always delivers on those

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Ubisoft is terrible and I dislike the direction Assassin's Creed took.

Still, I can't help but to be a bit curious when a new AC game is announced. There is always a chance that this one will be different.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Really curios to see how this stacks up against Ghosts, especially the combat. AC games always had that weird jank to their combat while Ghosts was super smooth. Hell, give me an equivalent to GOT: Legends and I might be there day 1.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Really curios to see how this stacks up against Ghosts, especially the combat. AC games always had that weird jank to their combat while Ghosts was super smooth. Hell, give me an equivalent to GOT: Legends and I might be there day 1.
It almost certainly won't be as deep as Ghosts. Ghost was able to really hone in on sword combat, and make it deep and satisfying. AC by nature just has a lot more options and tools at your disposal, and it's not as focused on 1v1 encounters. It's looking to accomplish something much different. Not to say that there isn't room for AC's combat to improve, but Ghost isn't a super accurate comparison imo

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I completed every Assassin's Creed game, Mirage just yesterday. They are 7/10 games, but incredible comfort food. With Valhalla alone, I caught up on months of my podcast backlog. 😄

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
oh lol I forgot, this game is gonna be a part of Infinity right?

CloudTi

Jul 8, 2021
I hope Shadows part is alluding to more of a stealth based gameplay. We need the TRUE Assassin's Creed experience back. aka AC2 Brotherhood.

Jan 4, 2021
Very excited. Odyssey is one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. Enjoyed Origins, mirage, and now playing Valhalla for the first time (enjoying it immensely, too).

El_Dabrah

Feb 18, 2024
Odyssey is one of the best games, period. If It is the same team, I have high hopes. That said, I am not familiar enough with the culture/land of this game to know if it will be able to do what Odyssey was doing. Odyssey had caves, holes in the ground, tombs, ruins, etc. and so on which made it this amazing, mystical/fantasy adventure.

Valhalla was not good. At all.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
It is an Assassin's Creed game. A franchise like this doesn't need opportunities to be successful.

For me it will be a huge surprise if both these games will not have commercial success. Both will do great.
I know but if people are clamouring for Ghost 2 and it's nowhere to be found, Shadows could do even better than it would have originally.

Mar 2, 2018
I have no interest in CG trailers, but I'm excited to see the gameplay reveal next month. I've heard you can go prone in this one.