Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I always get a bit excited about a new AC trailer and then I realize it's just a cinematic trailer that tells you nothing about the game.
The old cinematic trailers were pretty cool but nowadays those are boring AF.

Looking forward to the gameplay though maybe this one is for me again.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope with the name Shadows and the Ninja world, that the game will put more emphasis on stealth (the original gameplay of the series). Last games did become more like GOW games with Odyssey and Valhalla.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Very interested for this game.

Sadly a cinematic trailer is pretty much useless for me but hopefully we will see gameplay in June.

Star Wars Outlaws in August and this in November is perfect.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
No, Ubisoft has an event exactly 4 weeks from now so pretty much guaranteed that is when they will show gameplay.
It could be both tbh. Ubi games often show at platform showcases, could have a gameplay reveal trailer at Sony then a bigger extended showcase at their own thing. But if it's true that Ghost 2 is being revealed at their thing, Sony might not want that.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Been waiting for this since OG Assassin's Creed wall writings.

Burned out half way through Valhalla, and skipped Odyssey. But I'm really hoping they hit the right balance of story progression and self pacing this time around. If I want to drop a bunch of hours exploring and collecting mid campaign, let me do it. But don't force what should be a 15 hour story into a 60 hour one with pure time wasting padding and bullshit leveling.

I'm also glad they waited for Japan for this level of tech we have now. I can't wait.

Also, they sure as hell better keep one hit assassinations and combat counters in this. Make you feel like a ninja, not a bar brawler.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
But don't force what should be a 15 hour story into a 60 hour one with pure time wasting padding and bullshit leveling.

And THAT'S the reason why I stopped Valhalla Odyssey after 10 hours and never even touched Valhalla.
I don't need a minimap that's cluttered with activities.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
It could be both tbh. Ubi games often show at platform showcases, could have a gameplay reveal trailer at Sony then a bigger extended showcase at their own thing. But if it's true that Ghost 2 is being revealed at their thing, Sony might not want that.
Now that I think about it, I feel like this might have actually happened with Mirage right? Didn't they show the CG trailer and then showed gameplay at Son'y showcase, then again at their Ubisoft Forward event weeks later?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it, I feel like this might have actually happened with Mirage right? Didn't they show the CG trailer and then showed gameplay at Son'y showcase, then again at their Ubisoft Forward event weeks later?
It happens with most Ubi games. Ubi just wants all eyes possible, they know there will more more viewers for the platform showcases than the Ubi event. It only benefits Ubi to try to get it on multiple showcases

Obviously there's no guarantee, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sony announces their May Showcase before the AC trailer this week, so Ubi can announce a gameplay reveal at the Sony thing at the end of the CG trailer

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
sounds cool although some of the recent rumors swirling around how ubi wants people to pay a monthly fee to play this assassins creed service game is off putting. Hope they clearly show what is part of the base game, what are microtransactions, what if any is part of battle passes and the like, and are very honest and upfront about any sort of monthly live service sub.

thats assuming red is part of infinity which i am still pretty confused on what the difference between the two are, the monthly thing may be part of infinity not red.

Jan 23, 2024
I really hope this game gets its playtime under control. Played nearly every single AC game up to and including Odyssey, but never touched Valhalla because the play time just became way too bloated. I no longer have just 100 hours to throw away on a generic open world. I could easily devote like 20 on a significantly curtailed experience in Valhalla with just the main story if there were an option for that.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to this one! Will be amazing to explore Japan on next-gen only tech.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Been waiting for this since OG Assassin's Creed wall writings.

Burned out half way through Valhalla, and skipped Odyssey. But I'm really hoping they hit the right balance of story progression and self pacing this time around. If I want to drop a bunch of hours exploring and collecting mid campaign, let me do it. But don't force what should be a 15 hour story into a 60 hour one with pure time wasting padding and bullshit leveling.

I'm also glad they waited for Japan for this level of tech we have now. I can't wait.

Also, they sure as hell better keep one hit assassinations and combat counters in this. Make you feel like a ninja, not a bar brawler.
Oh yes, my thoughts exactly.
They've already nailed the length before, the main story of AC1 to Syndicate were between 10-15hrs but they had 3x of side content.
The 'guaranteed assassination' feature really helped to skip grinding, i wish that option was available in Origins/Odyssey.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
200w.gif

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
The Oddysey and Immortal Fenyx team? Hard pass. I'll wait for the Origin and Valhalla team.

NicoNicoRose

Dec 9, 2020
Portland, OR
This being from the Odyssey team gives me hope. It was easily my favorite of the big three RPG-ish ones so far. I liked Origins well enough but did not click with Valhalla at all, so give me more Odyssey.

Ideally I can just play as the girl for 100% of the game, hopefully if switching is forced it's at least equal opportunity.

Corv

Aug 5, 2022
Assassin's Creed gets a lot of flack (a lot of it deservedly so), but it's genuinely one of my favorite series in games. I've enjoyed pretty much every mainline game (besides Mirage which I haven't played yet and Valhalla which I've started but need to get back to). I'm really looking forward to this.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
LET'S FUCKING GO! So god damn hyped for this, we went from a decade long drought of stealth ninja games that left me freaking starving to being spoiled by Ghost of Tsushima's success, this game and later GoT's own sequel.

Couldn't be happier about it. I really hope this one sticks the landing as well.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
The Oddysey and Immortal Fenyx team? Hard pass. I'll wait for the Origin and Valhalla team.

That's not a take you hear often. Not bad, just uncommon.

Assassin's Creed gets a lot of flack (a lot of it deservedly so), but it's genuinely one of my favorite series in games.

Me too. It's usually doing the same thing for about 100 hours but, like, I could do it for a million hours if you give me a new setting / character every 100.

Tony72495

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I wonder if it will run at 30 fps on PS5 and Series X, supposedly Anvil Next 3 or whatever version they're on is heavily pushing ray tracing, I think I read about RTGI, it will apparently look significantly more advanced than Skull & Bones, which makes sense because that game was a 10 year mess.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
A release date, nice. I love the AC RPGs, so I'm looking forward to being engrossed in this new setting.

Nasu

Feb 11, 2021
Assassins Creed CGI trailers are always top notch so really looking forward to it. Also I am a big fan of Origins & Odyssey so my expectations for Shadows are through the roof, can't wait for the gameplay reveal..

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Wait, the team that did Odyssey also did Immortals? I'm less hopeful then. I thought they were all in on this AC since wrapping up Odyssey. If they were also busy with Immortals between this games, I suspect this wont be a big step up compared to Valhalla or Odyssey.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'am cautiously excited for this, loved Odyssey but Valhalla was a massive disappointment and I didn't even bother with Mirage.