Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
the funniest part of Assassins' creed is that the two big factions still call themselves the "assassins" and "Templars"

especially since origins makes it that they used to be called "hidden ones" and "order of the ancients" which are more timeless names for both organizations

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Oh damn didn't realize that. For some reason I thought they were making Fenyx 2. After the dud Valhalla was, I had no interest in AC. Odyssey is the best AC game IMO and this will be day 1 buy if it reviews well.

Fenyx 2 was cancelled so that more of the team could work on this game.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
been playing these games since the first one on PS3 but i think Valhalla broke me, that game never ended.. just... kept... going... story arc after story arc after story arc and gazillions of pointless side things, argh i still have nightmares, took me like 3 years of on and off playing to beat it and i didn't even understand the damn ending when i finally reached it. the most pointless endeavor ever.

i don't think i can do it anymore unless they completely revamp everything; the combat, traversal, side missions, NPC AI, animations etc etc.. basically would have to be a whole new game.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
no this is the next mainline title for current gen only and the last of the RPG titles
I am also confused, have seen the thread titles for the last few years but never read into it. So is this the live service/subscription game?

been playing these games since the first one on PS3 but i think Valhalla broke me, that game never ended.. just... kept... going... story arc after story arc after story arc and gazillions of pointless side things, argh i still have nightmares, took me like 3 years of on and off playing to beat it and i didn't even understand the damn ending when i finally reached it. the most pointless endeavor ever.

i don't think i can do it anymore unless they completely revamp everything; the combat, traversal, side missions, NPC AI, animations etc etc.. basically would have to be a whole new game.
It took me about 25 hours to get a platinum in Mirage, just beating the campaign would take way less. It won't really address the rest of your concerns but it is a decent AC pallet cleanser.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I am also confused, have seen the thread titles for the last few years but never read into it. So is this the live service/subscription game?
live service in the sense it will get DLC
but this is the next mainline title just like Origins, Odyssey etc etc

I think you are confusing it for Assassin's Creed "Nexus" which from my understanding is a platform they are working on which will basically work as a hub for different experiences. This is not that, this is the next main title in Assassin's Creed.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
live service in the sense it will get DLC
but this is the next mainline title just like Origins, Odyssey etc etc

I think you are confusing it for Assassin's Creed "Nexus" which from my understanding is a platform they are working on which will basically work as a hub for different experiences. This is not that, this is the next main title in Assassin's Creed.
Right, that makes sense, thanks. Now I am quite looking forward to it. I know they are bloated but by the time this comes out it will have been 4 years since Valhalla, and I got into a nice routine of losing myself in those games over the Christmas holiday.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland

It took me about 25 hours to get a platinum in Mirage, just beating the campaign would take way less. It won't really address the rest of your concerns but it is a decent AC pallet cleanser.

yeah i tried it out, felt exactly the same as Valhalla to me so i almost felt physically ill.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
the funniest part of Assassins' creed is that the two big factions still call themselves the "assassins" and "Templars"

especially since origins makes it that they used to be called "hidden ones" and "order of the ancients" which are more timeless names for both organizations

That's for real life historical reasons though, the Assassins and Templar both being founded around 1100 AD?

Sangral