badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this and the Ghost of Tsushima followup are well differentiated from each other. I'd love for them both to be great.
What happened to the Mexico rumors??? I thought that was all but confirmed before the Japan rumor came around. Hoping this looks good tomorrow, would love another good, historical, open-world.
Never heard those rumors but oh my god a straight up Zorro game would *rock*

NicoNicoRose

Dec 9, 2020
Portland, OR
It's silly, but I'm glad we're seemingly back to canon protags instead of what they did in Odyssey and Valhalla.

I'm the opposite. Being able to play as a girl the whole way through is a huge reason I even gave Odyssey a chance because AC always seemed like a "scowling dude" series before. If the switching protags thing is accurate (which I assume it is), I'll be bummed whenever I'm not controlling her. :-/

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this and the Ghost of Tsushima followup are well differentiated from each other. I'd love for them both to be great.
Never heard those rumors but oh my god a straight up Zorro game would *rock*

It would appear that I completely made up the Mexico rumor... I even thought there was a whole Quetzalcoatl thing revealed lol, I have no idea what I'm thinking of but it would be awesome.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Mirage was a disappointment, so I'm skeptical on this one.
What? Mirage was the BEST one in years.

Classic AC gameplay at its finest. I hope RED picks up more from AC Mirage than the RPG versions. Namely Stealth + Parkour

I hope Shadows focuses its story a bit. All it needs to tell is that there is an ancient historical artifact that the Templars want that the Precursors invented.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Man Era AC threads are full of bangers like this lol.

How int he name of god did Mirage feel exactly like Valhalla to you? They couldn't be more different when it comes to stealth and combat.
Yep. Mirage actually brought back Stealth + Parkour.

It's one of my biggest problems with the RPG versions. None of it feels very assassins creed in any way.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Classic AC gameplay at its finest. I hope RED picks up more from AC Mirage than the RPG versions. Namely Stealth + Parkour

I hope Shadows focuses its story a bit. All it needs to tell is that there is an ancient historical artifact that the Templars want that the Precursors invented.

Judging by the MC and user MC, ain't nobody like that shit, so I doubt it. Which is good because if Shadows is more like classic AC instead of Odyssey, I'm outta there. Seems unlikely too, because this is being marketed as an RPG. They'll have Hexe for other fans.

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it stays that way. The game looks great imo. There's a good amount of new gameplay mechanics and stealth options that fans will like I think.

We've come a long way from leaks from retailer pre order keychains, leaked screenshots, Kotaku just posting concept art and development footage and employees on airplanes just showing things to strangers

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'm hopeful they'll beef up the stealth mechanics (and AI) because of the whole ninja thing buuuuuuuut it'll probably be the same as always, with the ninja character just being more nimble/agile and not as good in a straight fight.

cdudeachyut

Jun 4, 2021

The game felt incredibly bland to play (after a very good start) due to poor quality side missions and not many tools/weapons to play around with. I just lost interest after the first major assassination mission. Focusing on stealth and less on RPG elements is a good direction though.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021

Playing it now and quite enjoying it. Surprised by how much thought seems to have gone into each of the side job things. Many bespoke levels, interesting variety of approaches etc. The plot is a bit thin and the general game structure and basim as a character is no Ezio or anything, but the vibes are great. Amazing lighting too.

Honestly though my opinion is basically that stealth puzzle box AssCreed should aim to be historical Hitman with less guns and more parkour in terms of something to aspire to be.

I do miss the old combat systems though. They weren't as deep or skillful but I think they sold the feeling of being surrounded by guys a bit better.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
This is the first real next gen AC right? I'm really excited about the gameplay reveal but I guess that won't be tomorrow?
No, that will be in the middle of June, on Ubisoft Forward.

I have the opposite reaction. Hearing that makes me think this Assassin's Creed could be one of the best.

I think stepping away from a franchise, doing something else, then returning is a great formula. Especially when that project itself was heavily inspired by Breath of the Wild. It's more likely to be different.
I agree that a change in formula might do them good, but that makes it a 4 year development only for this game. I know Ubi has a lot of teams, share a lot of assets but still, 4 years doesn't sound like enough.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the MC and user MC, ain't nobody like that shit, so I doubt it. Which is good because if Shadows is more like classic AC instead of Odyssey, I'm outta there. Seems unlikely too, because this is being marketed as an RPG. They'll have Hexe for other fans.
Wait, we are using user MC score lol

AC started out as social stealth, parkour, cool historical setting. Mirage was a half price game at launch too. Sorry, you don't enjoy Assassins Creed games but then why bother lol

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Asides from a leak of a menu and insiders reporting, this has been a surprisingly solid ship.

I don't remember huge leaks for Valhalla either.
Didn't Valhalla have an hour of gameplay leaked back from when they were doing all the outlet previews online. At least I remember watching 10 mins of Eivor ride a horse through a field in 240p.

Anyway excited for this one - I'm hoping for the combat to feel less floaty than Odyssey but a good stealth system would mean I can try and avoid engagement.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
GNj1t7vWIAA0cDH

EvaUnit787

Aug 6, 2023
So excited for this game. I really hope it takes me 100hr + to beat the game. I hope it has a ton of more verticality than Valhalla did. I hope the combat is great.

Maybe no hope for ship, but something on top of a basic horse mount would be cool. Maybe one of those flying ninja gliders? Hookshot?

SnakeEater

Oct 31, 2017
Playing Rise of the Ronin right now, so I truly hope that Ubisoft has been cooking something special because it'd be hard to top Team Ninja in terms of combat.

Hazz3r

AVALANCHE
Nov 3, 2017
Assassins Creed 4 is still to this date the highest selling game in the franchise as far as we know.

I'm not so sure sales data is a good gauge anymore, especially with Ubisoft's commitment to Subscription Services. If we're trying to gauge popularity, Valhalla had over 20 million players by the end of 2022, was the fastest selling game at launch, and made over $1billion in revenue in the first year.

Hazz3r

AVALANCHE
Nov 3, 2017
screenshot_2024-05-14-22-45-53-801_com.twitter.android-edit_hzfk.jpg

What does this mean?

Assassin's Creed loves its codes. One of the best weapons in Valhalla was hidden behind a puzzle on the collectors edition of the game.

It's part of a series of clues that are being revealed through different parts of marketing.

www.resetera.com

Assassin's Creed Shadows store has a cryptic code

What does this mean? Also, the Portugese website has this:

This one reads:

エックスジクデシヲルシヲ ミツケ - Find the death at the X-axis ワイジクデモクテキヲシルデアロウ - You will also know the purpose at the Y-axis.

Credit to @reilart in the AC Discord.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Looking forward to this. I've had my break of open world AC by skipping Valhalla altogether. This will be a very refreshing game by the setting and characters alone.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Dang. While it's cool that it's Yasuke (Or at least a Yasuke-esque character), I don't really want to play a samurai. I wanted to go full on ninja with the samurai as Templars. I was hoping something more along the lines of Aya in Origins.

We'll see how it turns out, though. Most people hate how Syndicate did it, but I liked both characters 🤷‍♂️

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this reveal will show actual gameplay, but what kind of visual jump are we expecting? Will we have better facial motion capture again? What RT functions will they include if any? Built on next-generation anvil engine?

So many questions! :)

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If that means we will be forced to switch characters AND that the stealth kit will be limited for Yasuke, then that's pretty hype deflating for me to be honest… Wouldn't be if either of those isn't true, though.
Yeah, each character will have their own missions tailored to their archetype. It'd be weird if the samurai can do stealth as good as the ninja.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, each character will have their own missions tailored to their archetype. It'd be weird if the samurai can do stealth as good as the ninja.
I'm gonna be honest this is a huge letdown for me. I dreaded each second I had to play as Jacob in Syndicate. Typically only enjoy playing as one character.