Votes: 68 11.6%
  • <70

Votes: 11 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Yeah, it's pretty good. I'm liking it a lot more than Odyssey. For reference, Odyssey wasn't much of an AC game to me. This, however, feels more akin to Origins with a return to a focus on some 'assassin' story elements and on stealth.

Jun 23, 2019
Yeah, just about what I expected. I can safely wait for this to reach bargain bin prices and get the Gold Edition with all the DLC.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
From the Destructoid review:

But I also found myself making excuses for Assassin's Creed Valhalla until I couldn't any longer. It mimics the Odyssey formula but takes a step backward in almost every way. It sacrifices story for scale. It's designed to discourage stealth in favor of epic battles. It's true to the Viking experience, but it isn't true to the Assassin's Creed experience. That's why it comes off feeling like the least essential game in the whole series. Impressive in some of its accomplishments, but inessential all the same.

so im usually not one to nitpick reviews but i find it hard to believe this is less of an "AC" game than Odyssey was...

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Here's my video review bingo!

Assassin's Creed Valhalla refines some of the more recent entries in the franchises' gameplay, making for an overall greater experience. But what it does best is decidedly very un-Assassin's Creed.

Jun 23, 2019

so im usually not one to nitpick reviews but i find it hard to believe this is less of an "AC" game than Odyssey was...

At least Odyssey had moments where they tried to at least give the illusion of old school AC with stealth. This sounds like they took the war battles from Odyssey and cranked everything up to 11 because Vikings!!! Woooo!

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First game I'll be playing on PS5. Was hoping it was going to be Cyberpunk but it is what it is. Glad its getting favourable reviews.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
At least Odyssey had moments where they tried to at least give the illusion of old school AC with stealth. This sounds like they took the war battles from Odyssey and cranked everything up to 11 because Vikings!!! Woooo!

But this game has an actual hidden blade with guaranteed 1 hit kills.
It has social stealth.
It has the assassin order!!

Odyssey has none of those things (ok, the DLC has one assassin in it)

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Gamespot: 8
www.gamespot.com

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Review

Though its campaign takes time to get going, Assassin's Creed Valhalla brings a satisfying finish to the current saga of the franchise.

ACG:

"It's an unabashed representation of what it would be like to live in a place where infection is probably scared to spread because it doesn't want to get sick."

LOL

Love the glowing praise though. Sounds like it really is the best version of the current AC model.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Here's mine. Gave it a 3/5.

https://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-review/assassin04896s+creed:+valhalla_ps4.html
Even though the setting of Valhalla is great, the game itself is pretty disappointing. It looks and sounds stunning, but a game needs more than that to be good. We can't recommend this game over the way better Assassin's Creed Odyssey, or Ghost of Tsushima which took the Assassin's Creed formula and pretty much perfected it. Valhalla isn't necessarily a bad game, it's just more Assassin's Creed, and it hurts to see that as a negative thing nowadays.

For comparison I absolutely love Odyssey and Origins, but Valhalla just felt boring to me with an uninteresting story and characters. There's a sideplot in this game that I won't spoil that's much cooler and I wish Ubisoft would've built the game around that. It's also the most buggy Assassin's Creed I've played, even after the day 1 patch, and I've played them all.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Kotaku
kotaku.com

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla: The Kotaku Review

Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, a huge game made during a pandemic and with its own studio and parent company in crisis, is a game trying to do some difficult things. The first Assassin’s Creed in two years, and the 12th major Assassin’s Creed overall, it is the work of creators who are trying to...

Overall, it feels a lot of care and thought went into making Valahalla feel less like a checklist of things to do and more like a world to organically experience.

This might not be what longtime fans who miss the more stealth-oriented games wanted, but for those looking for a big, open-world that isn't boring, there aren't much better than Valhalla.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia

Couldn't agree more with that quote. As someone who played over 30 hours of game over weekend, I'm disappointed in stealth and story so far. Odyssey and Origins was fad more intriguing after initial 30 hours than Valhalla.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Is it still massive jank or did they finally improve the controls, animations and combat system in general?

Jun 23, 2019
Here's mine. Gave it a 3/5.

https://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-review/assassin04896s+creed:+valhalla_ps4.html

For comparison I absolutely love Odyssey and Origins, but Valhalla just felt boring to me with an uninteresting story and characters. There's a sideplot in this game that I won't spoil that's much cooler and I wish Ubisoft would've built the game around that. It's also the most buggy Assassin's Creed I've played, even after the day 1 patch, and I've played them all.

Thanks for your impressions and I agree about GoT. After playing it and seeing previews for Valhalla, it just feels like GoT might have ruined Valhalla for me.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Idk, AC:Syndicate, the last ''true'' AC was FIVE years ago, I think that people should let it go at this point, this is the way the franchise is going and it is what it is( I particularly like this path).

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Received a review copy last week, nowhere near finished enough to write my review already unfortunately.

I can say this: game looks great, even on older hardware like the One X. Some glitches, with mine mainly manifesting during menu navigation. The Norway game world is beautiful, it's a shame it's only the intro world.

Combat takes some getting used to. Camera's a bit too far out for me, which makes it more difficult to anticipate enemy movements. But that's just my personal preference speaking.

One thing I'm really enjoying so far, as a Norse history lover, is how clear it is that the developers based their story, and the way the characters act in it, on the Icelandic sagas. Some good stuff in there.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

An Assassin's Creed game in name only, it seems. Was kinda expected since the reveal, but still disappointing.

Man, this series is all over the place.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am hearing a lot of complaining about bugginess.

Ubi, what are U doing? Didn't 500 people work on this?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
As I said in Legion thread Ubisoft is aiming for 8/10 so every review thread for their games is predictable.