DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a43Ft2l.png

A man who sat on every seat at a football stadium as part of a charity challenge has described the experience as "agony".
Aston Villa supporter Simon Osborn, from Middleton Cheney, near Banbury, parked his posterior in a total of 42,785 seats at his beloved Villa Park.

He told the BBC: "I knew it was going to be tough, but there's tough and there's tough. It was unbelievable."

Mr Osborn was raising money for the football club's Dementia Activity Cafe.
He set himself the challenge of sitting in all the seats in 24 hours, over a period of three days, after coming up with the idea during a tour of the stadium.

It took about seven months to finalise the finer details with the club, and to train for the mammoth sit-a-thon.

"We worked out it would roughly be about two seconds a seat if I got a great routine going," he said.

But about six hours in, he started to feel the burn.
"I could literally feel my hips, I could feel my toes, quads, hamstrings, and nothing in between," he explained.

"I was walking like the Tin Man for about two weeks… it was an interesting feeling.

"As well as physical it was a mental challenge because you can't help look where you're going instead of what you've accomplished. You're thinking, 'I'm in agony… I'm never going to get this done.'

"I couldn't believe I'd done it, it was really surreal, and I'm not really an emotional man but I was bursting into tears."
Mr Osborn raised more than £1,500 for the dementia cafe.

He said he had personal stakes in the challenge as he knew family members affected by the syndrome, including his 96-year-old grandmother, which helped him through his ordeal.

"I thought of my Nan and what I was doing it for, and it was like, 'let's get through it, blood, sweat and tears'," he said.

More at:
www.bbc.com

Man sits on every seat at Villa Park in charity challenge

Simon Osborn sat in a total of 42,785 seats at his beloved Villa Park.

Sit me out if old

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I recall 2 celebs I don't remember who doing this at Wembley as well.

Oh it was Alan Shearer and Robbie Savage

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Better experience than watching Villa under Gerrard, that is for sure. Well done to him - would definitely be tougher than it looks.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
£1,500 seems like a low amount of money for an event like this. You'd think the team could chip in £10000 or something.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
$1,500

No way I would do it for that. You'd be better off just asking people to donate.

Oct 25, 2017
Good on the dude for getting some cash to a charity but Such a small of amount of money raised. The team didn't even pitch in??

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Some people earn more money sitting in a chair farting for a couple of minutes.

Hats off to him though!

Last edited:

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That seems like one of those ideas that sounds easy but then five minutes into it you are thinking "What did I just get myself into?"

Jan 3, 2018
"I was walking like the Tin Man for about two weeks… it was an interesting feeling."

Translation: "I thought I was going to die."

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather be forced to do an ultramarathon than have to do this.

Having to go to Villa park is bad enough, never mind the rest.

Fair play for the money raised though.