slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
It really is quite strange. It's hard to take any 0/10 review seriously for almost any AAA published game that isn't somehow fundamentally broken.

Like let's say you really don't like the character design or the combat or FPS somehow. The game is high enough quality and the design decisions seen intentional enough that you'd get to a 5 or 6/10 at least.

For it to be a 0 it'd really have to be shovelware.

TheTurboFD

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Is it Ok to port fingers at a particular group of fanboys, cause i think i got a idea on which group of fanboys who are doing this. These are the same group of fanboys who didn't want this to be an exclusive to Gamecube.....
51GXYSKK0GL._AC_SX430_.jpg

I get what you're saying but a numbered Resident Evil shouldn't be a console exclusive lol

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Seems like all the recent games are getting a lot negative reviews.

Control and Man of Medan also have low user reviews.

Negative reviews removed now. Metacritic cleaned house.

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally getting some new abilities. The fighting is much deeper than I thought (thankfully). I'm starting to enjoy myself finally.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
And yet by the time it released, the PS2 port had already been announced, so...?
I think the PS2 version was announced just before the GameCube one released, enough time to breed internet wars, anyways i agree main RE shouldn't be exclusive those were other times..

Last one was Revelations but i always wanted a handheld RE and at that time made sense to make portable only games :^P

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
Fire Emblen Three Houses also had some cleanup done for the review scores. (It had received some splash damage.)
www.metacritic.com

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Fire Emblem: Three Houses for Switch game reviews & Metacritic score: War is coming to the continent of Fódlan. Here, order is maintained by the Church of Seiros, which hosts the prestigious Officer's Academy within its headquart...

I don't know if other games are affected (but I doubt it).

Will all the counter-negative reviews be removed, too?
I hope they based themselves on grouped IP or VPN lists, as to reach both extremes.
It is at least not automatic/widespread and has some manual input into it, as older review bombs seem untouched.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
AHHH. Because I bumped the thread today, metacritic took notice. You're welcome

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Good to see justice get served even tho I really don't look too much into user scores. Even the positive ones. But review bombing a game like this thats had 0 major technical issues and 0 controversy surrounding it just for being an exclusive or running at 30fps is silly.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see they fixed that issue, but some other games also need fix,
for instance Zelda BotW has plenty of 0 or 1 scores.
https://www.metacritic.com/game/swi...breath-of-the-wild/user-reviews?dist=negative

some of those are a bit histrionic, but it's not a crime to not like a zelda game. the issue with some of the astral chain posts were that they were solely based on something that had nothing to do with the game at all. (its platform exclusivity, etc) metacritic shouldn't go around removing every slightly melodramatic user score. If they did that they might as well get rid of the feature altogether.

granted i guess i wouldn't be opposed to that but y'know

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it that though? If you look at the other big game that came out this week, Control, it has a very similar number of dumb 0 score reviews. Is that also considered to be a game getting review bombed? This seems like the standard for every new game coming out, what is happening here seems far from an outlier. There are actually games that deal with massive review bomb campaigns that make this look like nothing.

Yes, it is. Control isn't an exclusive.

Last edited:

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
some of those are a bit histrionic, but it's not a crime to not like a zelda game. the issue with some of the astral chain posts were that they were solely based on something that had nothing to do with the game at all. (its platform exclusivity, etc) metacritic shouldn't go around removing every slightly melodramatic user score. If they did that they might as well get rid of the feature altogether.

granted i guess i wouldn't be opposed to that but y'know

Actually its similar story, those 0 and 1 are because its Nintendo game that's very critically acclaimed, and plenty of Nintendo haters, PS/Xbox fanboy gave plenty of 0 and 1 even they didnt played game.
I mean its true you have that for other games and other platforms also, but I think point that Nintendo game, that runs on weaker hardware than PS/Xbox, and with usually cartoon like graphics can have great reviews, triggers plenty of people and much more than when we talk about some PS/Xbox games.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
Actually its similar story, those 0 and 1 are because its Nintendo game that's very critically acclaimed, and plenty of Nintendo haters, PS/Xbox fanboy gave plenty of 0 and 1 even they didnt played game.
I mean its true you have that for other games and other platforms also, but I think point that Nintendo game, that runs on weaker hardware than PS/Xbox, and with usually cartoon like graphics can have great reviews, triggers plenty of people and much more than when we talk about some PS/Xbox games.

i just don't think it's that big a deal

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That was kind of my point. Control is still getting "review bombed" without being an exclusive, point being people don't really need a reason.
I think its getting review bombed - if at all - because it runs subpar on base system. So people who jumped in blind on Day 1 are likely pissed.

This situation cant be compared to the standard console warrior BS that happens with exclusives.

Jun 24, 2019
These days I don't buy into number-rated reviews. I see garbage games showered with positive scores, and underrated ones smashed down.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
That was kind of my point. Control is still getting "review bombed" without being an exclusive, point being people don't really need a reason.

There are many reason dirt chooses to review bomb.

Exclusivity for the wrong platform, or dare i even think of it "promoting female streamers" are just some of the many reasons they can pick from.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because they're as reactionary and useless as the 0 user scores.
user scores are meaningless. the review bombs were because certain fanboy youtuber were telling their fans to give the game 0s because they childishly thought that can hurt the game. the positive 10s hurt no one. the 0s getting removed is a good way to stop pathetic fanboys to stop review bombing future games.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Seems like all the recent games are getting a lot negative reviews.

Control and Man of Medan also have low user reviews.

Negative reviews removed now. Metacritic cleaned house.
Control got bad reviews because it runs poorly on base PS4 and X1, Man of Medan had mixed reactions in general.

Happy the useless reviews from Astral Chain were removed, being a niche title it needs all the word of mouth it can get, I assume the review bombing in itself kept the coverage for the game high on several outlets in the past few days.

It looks like they weren't removed. There was just a lot on 10's that offset the initial review bomb.
Nope, I recall the bad reviews being over 700, now they are slightly under 200

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Control got bad reviews because it runs poorly on base PS4 and X1, Man of Medan had mixed reactions in general.

Happy the useless reviews from Astral Chain were removed, being a niche title it needs all the word of mouth it can get, I assume the review bombing in itself kept the coverage for the game high on several outlets in the past few days.
Didn't justify the review bombing those games received. That's why metacritic removed those scores.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Review bombing a game because of a 30fps cap encapsulates perfectly how the gaming community is riddled with the fragilest, pettiest snowflakes of any entertainment medium.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
User score is not useless. Idiotic user score (review bomb) is useless. See when they remove the bombs, the user score is much comparable to critics.