• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never understood why people care about whether a game is first party or second party or third-party or for party etc.if a game is good a game is good who carries who made it.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, it seems they did it. Again. Preorder is ready, I'll just be over there twiddling my thumbs, waiting.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So overwhelming positive with a few dissenters, Hunh well no game is for everyone but this one seems like it'll have a much better reach than most platinum games and that could help word of mouth and legs
"
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was good dammit
It wasn't good....

It was Awesome and continues to improve!

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man,

This, DQ11, Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina, Ori, Luigi's Mansion, physical Mana Collection, The Witcher 3...all in the span of like 2 months.

I'm broke.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
When Nintendo is confident they announce games really close to the release date. SMM2, Odyssey, XC2, this, all released less than an year after the announcements
For Nintendo developed games thats expected - but having such a Platinum Games surprise being unveiled and dropped a couple month later is impressive - especially for such a quality release.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I have no intention to derail this thread, though, so I'd just like to remind people that Waypoint's lack of score means it's not even going to hurt its MC score. You can just ignore it y'all, and it's good to have a differing opinion people can read to help make up their minds about their game purchase.
Yea we can't have any of that discussing reviews in a review thread cause it might hurt people's feelings.

Oct 27, 2017
Austin really had me thinking this game wasn't anything. And now he seems to be a massive outlier. Very interesting. I was really keen in the game but fell off. Might have to investigate

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I was still gonna buy unless it seriously tanked in reviews so this pleases me greatly.

vhm74

Oct 30, 2017
My rational self held me from preordering, but with those reviews, man... I was expecting a low-80s average, and now I just ordered the game to complete this absolutely insane september with both Zelda and DQ XI. My increasing backlog is getting unmanageable.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yea we can't have any of that discussing reviews in a review thread cause it might hurt people's feelings.
The post I was replying to seemed to be more focused on criticizing Austin than the review. I apologize if my reply seemed like I was attempting to stifle discussion of his review, which I actually (and obviously) think has merit and as such should be discussed. Apologies again.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Never understood why people care about whether a game is first party or second party or third-party or for party etc.if a game is good a game is good who carries who made it.

I think generally when people are asking about who owns the game they are wondering if it will ever come to any other platform.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The post I was replying to seemed to be more focused on criticizing Austin than the review. I apologize if my reply seemed like I was attempting to stifle discussion of his review, which I actually (and obviously) think has merit and as such should be discussed. Apologies again.
Nah I was being sarcastic about people having a fit that a review that doesn't affect their precious metascore isn't praising the game they haven't played endlessly. No worries.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
EC5q4IhWwAIymLG

Pretty awesome time for Switch games right now! These two games are quite likely to be my personal top two in the GOTY conversations, and they release in 5 weeks from one another.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
For Nintendo developed games thats expected - but having such a Platinum Games surprise being unveiled and dropped a couple month later is impressive - especially for such a quality release.
Yea the entire hype cycle was wild.

Since reveal, I always thought, this game is too good to be true.
After second trailer, everything looks even crazier. Until previews, I still couldn't believe how good this is despite loving every single thing they've shown.

This game just came out of no where...

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, didn't expect scores so high. Hm

We heard about Bayonetta 3 before this game was announced, demoed, promoted, reviewed and soon, released, before we got one sec of gameplay footage of Bayonnetta 3. WTH.
When Bayo 3 was announced, DMC5 was still dead, then 5 got announced, demoed, released, and then another PG game announced on top of it, released, and bayo 3 still no way in sight...crazy.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn, even as someone with a lotta love for Platinum, I didn't expect scores this high based on what (admittedly little) I'd seen.

That said, Austin is a smart enough dude that I have no doubt his criticisms are valid, even if they may not be things that affect me as much as him.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
On another note, for those who've read more reviews than myself: has any mentioned how well the game plays in portable mode? I'm going on vacations for a couple weeks and I was thinking this might be my plane/nights game during said time.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Yes! This looked great all along and now seeing it being universally praised seals the deal. It's a great time to be a Switch owner.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You forget about Nier?
I didn't forget, but 50% of the discourse around Automata like to have people attributing its success mainly to Yoko Taro, and between Bayonetta 3's long development time + Scalebound's cancellation + Babylon's Fall being MIA, it's fair to say people lost a whole lot of faith in the company for quite some time.

This is Platinum finally stepping up to the plate if they can make another successful new IP on their own strengths, and by all accounts it looks like it's been an uncompromising success.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
wondering if anyone caN answer in here that has played or watch more footage, i dont care for character action games like nier and bayonetta as the enemies feel real spongey, i didnt have this issue with nier. which is astral chain closest too?