• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool. This looks like an evolution of Robot Rescue from the Playroom VR and that was pretty awesome but really short. That fleshed out should be great.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck yeah!

My past negative comments about PSVR momentarily retracted.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Hello, everyone. I'm Nicolas Doucet, creative director and producer at Japan Studio. It is a great honor to share details about a new game we have been working on. On behalf of Asobi! Team and Japan Studio, I am pleased to announce our brand new title for PlayStation VR: Astro Bot Rescue Mission.

The game is being developed by the team who brought you The Playroom and The Playroom VR. This time we took a new direction to challenge a genre that is close to the heart of many gamers out there (including us!): platform action games!

Astro Bot Rescue Mission lets you take control of Astro, the Bot captain of a ship on a mission to rescue its lost crew, who are scattered over 5 planets. You will be running, jumping and punching throughout 26 stages across 5 worlds, each ending with an epic boss fight.
Aside from the main campaign, each level opens to a secret challenge stage that can be unlocked by finding a hidden character. These challenges re-use specific mechanics and are a true test of skill. If you can clear those, maybe special additional members of the crew can be rescued…

And if you feel like chilling out after all that action, the collection room lets you spend your hard-earned coins in the crane game to build interactive dioramas and check on how much of your crew has been rescued.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/23/introducing-astro-bot-rescue-mission-for-playstation-vr/

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a better Mario than Lucky's Tale

At this point if PSVR gets to $150 I'll buy that too.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this was the best part of Playroom, and also my first VR experience. Legit GOTY contender.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really hard to control. That part where is shows you looking up at him from below, wouldn't that be very hard to control? Like your senses would be all messed up and confused to control a 3d platformer in that perspective

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit it's based on that platformer demo.
And it's amazing.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, I'm very down for this, seems to be exactly what everyone who loved that Robot Rescue minigame was asking for (myself included!)

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes! I've been hoping for this since I first tried Robot rescue. This is going to be awsome!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Woot! That Playroom level was so good, so it's amazing they turned it into a full game!

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Omg I've wanted a Robot Rescue game since I first played it. Excited for this

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really hard to control. That part where is shows you looking up at him from below, wouldn't that be very hard to control? Like your senses would be all messed up and confused to control a 3d platformer in that perspective

It work perfectly in VR. You get the sense of distance, so you can actually land those jump more easy than you think.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
The PSVR demo is arguably the best VR implementation yet. And dare I say it, that trailer looks a little Nintendo like in terms of quality.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this was always the plan or the reception to the demo made them go all in on it?

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
YESSS!!! I asked for this and glad they finally made it into a full VR game. So damn pleased right now. :)

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I'm quite surprised they didn't save this for an E3 announcement (as it looks far better than most of the stuff they announced/showed at last years show).
I'll certainly buy this.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Good on Sony for making the game literally everyone who tried Playroom VR wanted them to make. And 26 levels with extra challenge levels? Hot damn.

Price it at $40 and I'm in day one.