• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Riven

Oct 27, 2017
New press conference: Correction to what I said earlier, the narcotics team was only in one house and they split up to search the house. Two of them got trapped upstairs and were taking fire. All hostages released at this point. Guman was/is a criminal and has multiple weapons and magazines of ammo. Mayor and police chief now asking for gun control.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we please ban anyone who says all cops deserve to die and shit like that. There are good and bad people regardless of the job they have and no one deserves to randomly be shot or killed

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
So I saw rednecks on twitter trying to argue that this doesnt count as a mass shooting because drug dealers did it...

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I saw rednecks on twitter trying to argue that this doesnt count as a mass shooting because drug dealers did it...
Doesnt matter. The bottom line is gun control can decrease both kinds of incidents. Are they going to argue they're ok with criminals continuing to have weapons and shooting at cops?

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New press conference: Correction to what I said earlier, the narcotics team was only in one house and they split up to search the house. Two of them got trapped upstairs and were taking fire. All hostages released at this point. Guman was/is a criminal and has multiple weapons and magazines of ammo. Mayor and police chief now asking for gun control.

Dudes with Blue Lives Matter and Molon Labe stickers on their trucks going through some tough mental hoops right now.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This thread not sure, but I've seen it way more then I should see it in general on here. Senseless violence is not needed against anyone
You really shouldn't be telling mods what to do, especially saying something like that with no evidence it's just going to derail the thread. Pm a mod if you see someone breaking the tos and let them handle it.

MorganFreakman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It just took an entire city's police dept 6 hours to stop one guy with a gun. So much for the NRA's "good guy with a gun" narrative

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Doesnt matter. The bottom line is gun control can decrease both kinds of incidents. Are they going to argue they're ok with criminals continuing to have weapons and shooting at cops?
When it comes to drug dealers its a bit more iffy. They tend to have the connections and money to get what they want. Even in extremely heavy gun control countries (outside of maybe japan) you still see plenty of drug dealers get arrested with firearms in their possession.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think its still going. Got an email from the schools dean saying they will re-evaluate the situation tomorrow morning by 6am if the incident has not been resolved...

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
As an outsider America just gets scarier and scarier, I couldn't imagine living in such a place.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
As an outsider America just gets scarier and scarier, I couldn't imagine living in such a place.

99.9999991 percent of us don't experience this.

I was just in Paris for vacation and according to YouTube and online posts i would be pick-pocketed and harassed non stop. I never experienced it. People were friendly and kind, just like in the US. I understand the bad people exist but it is exaggerated by the media and online.

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
99.9999991 percent of us don't experience this.

I was just in Paris for vacation and according to YouTube and online posts i would be pick-pocketed and harassed non stop. I never experienced it. People were friendly and kind, just like in the US. I understand the bad people exist but it is exaggerated by the media and online.

It's different when these events are that common. I can't imagine living in a country where every week there's a newsflash about someone shooting people in a school, a mall, a church, etc. That's not normal.

People here acting like "if you're not living the event, then you're not experiencing it"... at this point this stuff is like part of US culture, and people are starting to normalize it.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Details are coming out about the shooter, and it would appear he's been a lifelonger in the system.
Police sources identified the gunman in a standoff at a Tioga apartment building that left six police officers injured as Maurice Hill, 36, a Philadelphia man with a lengthy history of gun convictions and of resisting attempts to bring him to justice.
Hill's history in the adult criminal justice system began in 2001 when he was 18 and was arrested with a gun that had an altered serial number.

Public records show that he has been arrested about a dozen times since turning 18, and convicted six times on charges that involved illegal possession of guns, drug dealing, and aggravated assault. He has been in and out of prison; the longest sentence handed him came in 2010, when a federal judge gave him a 55-month term.
And, his record would indicate, he does not like to go to prison. In 2008, he was convicted of escaping, fleeing from police, and resisting arrest. Along the way, he beat criminal charges on everything from kidnapping to attempted murder.

Hill also spent time in federal prison. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to federal firearms violations after he was caught with a Smith & Wesson .357 and later a Taurus PT .45 semiautomatic. His prior felony convictions should have barred him from owning those weapons. U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond sentenced him to four years and seven months in prison.
More recently, Hill was convicted of perjury in 2013 and sentenced to seven years of probation. He appeared before Common Pleas Court Judge Rayford Means for three different alleged violations of probation — at least two of them related to new cases, which he later beat.

In one of those cases, Philadelphia police arrested Hill in May 2014, after spotting him driving an unregistered scooter. But when officers tried to stop him, he raced down an alleyway against traffic on a one-way street and then onto a sidewalk, sending pedestrians scattering, court records say. Hill crashed the scooter and then fled on foot but was apprehended. He was charged with driving without a license, recklessly endangering another person, and fleeing police, but later was acquitted on all counts.
Philadelphia police arrested Hill again in October 2014 on charges of drug possession and false imprisonment.

According to court filings, his accuser told police she had agreed to sell marijuana for Hill but then later changed her mind. When he summoned her to his house on the 6900 block of Greenway Street in Southwest Philadelphia days later, she says, she overheard Hill and an associate discussing killing her. Fearful for her life, the woman said, she called 911. When officers arrived, she fled as Hill and his associate hid the crack cocaine and marijuana in a tire out back. Investigators discovered 83 grams of marijuana.

Indeed™

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2019

As an insider from America, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. It isn't all roses, but It's easy to ignore the major news networks and see all the awesome things about this country that make it worthwhile.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018

This country is really, really big. It's so spread out that very, very few Americans will have first-hand experiences with shootings.

Can we please ban anyone who says all cops deserve to die and shit like that. There are good and bad people regardless of the job they have and no one deserves to randomly be shot or killed

I don't think I have ever once seen anyone say all cops deserve to die on this forum.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Details are coming out about the shooter, and it would appear he's been a lifelonger in the system.
How the fuck does he beat half those charges and still on the streets?!?!
I don't think I have ever once seen anyone say all cops deserve to die on this forum.
People have but they get instaneously banned so I don't get why people even bring up that argument. It's not like mods let it slide.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to drug dealers its a bit more iffy. They tend to have the connections and money to get what they want. Even in extremely heavy gun control countries (outside of maybe japan) you still see plenty of drug dealers get arrested with firearms in their possession.
Never argued they would be stopped across the board. I'm arguing there would be a reduction, especially considering the proliferation of guns in the US as opposed to other countries. Police have to deal with situations where they're responding to a call about one thing that then evolves into a shooting conflict with an armed individual (more than just drug dealers), reducing the number of guns has shown a decrease in those incidents.